+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: Family Heritage Life Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
    Family Heritage is a major insurance company offering a wide range of supplemental products. You can visit them at www.familyheritagelife.com. Also, you can see what the BBB has to say about the company at
    http://www.bbb.org/cleveland/busines...s-oh-34000125/
    Also, in response to the posting about Legacy Services, they have nothing to do with Family Heritage. The website www.legacyservices.com is a part of a brokerage firm called Legacy Financial Services that provide Family Heritage Products to Families and Small Business. It is headquartered in Nashville, TN. The Company that you have reference on your BBB link has nothing to do with Family Heritage, it is headquartered in Buffalo, NY. Hope that helps!

Sorry, FHL is not a major insurance company. I heard they have approximately 400 active agents nationally. My sources tell me that this hasn't changed much over the last few years despite heavy emphasis on recruiting. They also tell me Legacy is not a brokerage firm but is an agency working exclusively for FHL. A brokerage firm contracts with several companies offering a diverse amount of products.

I just had an insurance salesman at my door today. He told me that insurance to cover the expenses of my family if something happens. The costs include expenses travel, some surgery, and what did not make use of our return, in twenty years. We pay $ 66 per month ... which is not bad and everything seemed fine. We doubt handsome because there soo many more scams, and asked if we could see some things and return to it at a later date. The seller has acted very unprofessional and torn paper in front of us. there ... is bad for society. We were interested, but now let's look elsewhere.

This company is related to Legacy. It is also related to a company called Southwestern Publishers. Southwestern trolls college campuses, lies to students about "scholarship opportunities," sends them to brainwashing pep rallies, then dispatches them to random parts of the country. All of these companies are linked together, I've done a lot of digging. I just went through a Facebook photo album showing the Family Heritage Life's Sales Conference, and I recognized several of the same scumbags from my experience Southwestern.

These people could not be more dead on the inside. When I worked for Southwestern, they actually gave us a script to use with PASTORS at churches, making it seem like the company was somehow religiously affiliated. We then got the Pastors to ask their parishioners to house us for next to nothing, while we harassed the surrounding community. The guy who ended up housing me admitted that he thought we were missionaries.

The brainwashing is unbelievable. They subject you to military style training, with the sickest kind of high-psychology pressure tactics. The guy who ran the pep-rallies had a degree in Psychology from Harvard-- not marketing, psychology. At one point, they separated the men and women, and gave this speech about how "this company has always belonged to men" and that "women didn't belong."

The amount of mind-f#cking is unbelievable. I did this as a 19 year old. I am 27 now. If I saw my managers from this company today, I would punch them in the face. And I am a non-violent person. They take teenagers, and tell them non-stop for three months straight that if you don't succeed at forcing subpar "study guides" on absolute strangers, using high pressure sales tactics, you will never succeed at anything in life.

Trust me, everyone on this board defending this company is one of the sickos who works for it. I honestly don't understand how they can sleep at night. They have to be the least introspective humans imaginable.

Here's the album:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...33650743333585

Like I said, I recognize a lot of these scumbags and I can tell you from personal experience, they are not good people.

I am a current policyholder with Family Heritage Life. My wife and I signed up for the best cancer policy they offered years ago in an attempt to plan ahead.

Last summer I was diagnosed with a serious form of cancer. Family Heritage did as they said and claims that were filed were paid promptly. That is, until we signed up for Medicaid.

Be advised that when you sign up for Medicaid, anything outside of the stupid little piece of crap change that you are expected to survive on is open to be taken by Medicaid without your authorization or knowledge the claims processor will contact Medicaid and inform them of your claim and give Medicaid the option to take it.

Family Heritage Life will not tell you this when you sign up for the policy. So, in essence, you will pay for something that will ultimately not benefit you if you opt for Medicaid insurance services.

I had a much needed $35,000 claim that, when properly budgeted, would have allowed me live decently through the remainder of this year. The claims processor contacted Medicaid to inform them of my claim that they were about to pay me. And, Medicaid named themselves as the payee on my policy and took the money. I lost my home, my car, my furniture, and and I still have to survive the cancer treatments under stress and duress of mounting bills. The bad part about this is that I planned ahead only to be screwed by Family Heritage and the Texas Medicaid Partnership.

In fact, Family Heritage Life is a great company, which has the highest rating of BBB (+), and one of its subsidiaries is a "Legacy Services", but "Legacy Financial Services."
    Last edited by haritagepoint; 05-11-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yekka7 View Post
    This company is related to Legacy. It is also related to a company called Southwestern Publishers. Southwestern trolls college campuses, lies to students about "scholarship opportunities," sends them to brainwashing pep rallies, then dispatches them to random parts of the country. All of these companies are linked together, I've done a lot of digging. I just went through a Facebook photo album showing the Family Heritage Life's Sales Conference, and I recognized several of the same scumbags from my experience Southwestern.

These people could not be more dead on the inside. When I worked for Southwestern, they actually gave us a script to use with PASTORS at churches, making it seem like the company was somehow religiously affiliated. We then got the Pastors to ask their parishioners to house us for next to nothing, while we harassed the surrounding community. The guy who ended up housing me admitted that he thought we were missionaries.

The brainwashing is unbelievable. They subject you to military style training, with the sickest kind of high-psychology pressure tactics. The guy who ran the pep-rallies had a degree in Psychology from Harvard-- not marketing, psychology. At one point, they separated the men and women, and gave this speech about how "this company has always belonged to men" and that "women didn't belong."

The amount of mind-f#cking is unbelievable. I did this as a 19 year old. I am 27 now. If I saw my managers from this company today, I would punch them in the face. And I am a non-violent person. They take teenagers, and tell them non-stop for three months straight that if you don't succeed at forcing subpar "study guides" on absolute strangers, using high pressure sales tactics, you will never succeed at anything in life.

Trust me, everyone on this board defending this company is one of the sickos who works for it. I honestly don't understand how they can sleep at night. They have to be the least introspective humans imaginable.

Here's the album:

Like I said, I recognize a lot of these scumbags and I can tell you from personal experience, they are not good people.

I have experience with both southwestern and Family Heritage. My wife was a sales manager for southwestern. When I first met her and she told me what she did I didnt beleive her and thought she was in a sort of cult.
    Yes during the summer they work crazy hours selling. Obviously you didnt work that hard during your summers or you wouldnt be complaining. Its kind of amazing when you can work for 3 months during the summer and bust ass and get a check at the end of the summer for $20grand. Cant argue with that. Of course some people dont make it and leave early, then bad mouth the company.
    As far as Family Heritage, you would be stupid not to work for this company if you are willing to work. I own my own business and I have to work like 14 hrs a day, my wife does the same working for family heritage. How can you say these people should feel bad when they are helping people from the financial burdens of cancer and heart diseases. The pictures are from a national meeting that happens twice a year. Nothing wrong with working hard and then having a good time.
    These people that work for either company do really well for themselves. Of course NOT everyone is WILLING to work hard and then fail at this great oppourtunity.
    I guess your happy working for someone just earning a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Doing things today that others wont, so I can then do what others cant.

Has anyone heard of bankyourself, I was contacted and basically they sell whole life as an investment. Do know if its a scam or not.

8. 06-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Reason

Quote Originally Posted by yekka7 View Post

Here's the album:

I also worked with Southwestern. I worked one summer, and the next summer I decided that it wasn't right for me. I am currently considering FH for employment, and I do have offers for sales/sales support positions with other companies-some that I am sure that you, and most people, would love to work for, in any capacity.

So, why would I consider FH? Devoid of the conceit that allows you to delude yourself into thinking that your libelous statement reeks of intellect, I could mirror your loquacious deluded monologue in a satirical banter that exposed your ignorance and deflated your over-inflated and under-deserved ego, or I could be blatantly honest. I'll do both. FH appeals to me for the same reason that FH and Southwestern appeal to the people who experience success with those companies- I am not afraid to work hard, and I am tired of working at companies where I pick up slack for people like you who ALWAYS have excuses for their failure.

Sales wasn't for you? Fine, it isn't for everyone. You found it difficult to approach a door? Understandable, door-to-door has become stigmatized and every knock could bring with it a tornado of negativity. You didn't believe in the products? Great, educational materials are only appropriate for certain types of individuals. But, don't put your ignorance on parade because you are bitter. Southwestern was started as a company with a religious agenda-to sell bibles and talk to people about their beliefs. Your accusatory method of ignorantly attacking institutions with which you claim experience and about whom you claim knowledge is a dangerous thing. It's dangerous in the big-picture sense-i.e.-religious conflicts, however; it's dangerous to yourself as well, because ignorance and lack of forethought allowed your post advertise your obvious failure, your resentment for difficult working conditions, and your readiness to blame everything else. Put your big-boy pants on and accept responsibility for your own failure.

Does SW provide a script for talking about products that may relate to a religious vocation or support a religious education? Yes. Does it demand that you use it? No.

If you carry a product that could fill a need someone has, why wouldn't you sell it? If someone heard about a product from someone else and approached you about making a purchase, would you say "no"? It would be stupid, unless you had religious convictions that prevented you from being comfortable with making the sale-either way, as an independent contractor you make the rules. That means that you made the rule to blame everybody else for your failure. It also means that you are the only one to blame.

I'm not saying that you're a bad person. It is hard work to be a "book-guy". It is natural to displace blame, not many people want to admit failure. In sales, you need to embrace it as constructive criticism.

For your benefit, I would like to offer this suggestion if you are still working in the business world: don't bad-mouth any company, any boss, any contact, any town, religion, race, driver on the road next to you, mom of a kid you knew in third-grade, kid you knew in third-grade, fourth-grade, fifth-grade...you get the point. You never know when they could be your next client or potential client.

I haven't decided to work for FH, but if I do it will be fueled by my desire to be paid what I am worth. And, I don't put a ceiling on my worth, so I like the idea of getting paid for my effort. And, make no mistake-in this industry, success is DIRECTLY correlated to effort. It isn't territory or circumstances-effort defines success.

Grow up, buddy. I don't care what your current situation is-maybe you make 100k everyday...you won't be truly successful in the long run if you continue to avoid taking responsibility. And, you'll never feel like you deserve any success you may encounter.

My husband & I took out an Accident/Injury policy with Family Heritage in 2008. In August 2011, our son was in an accident with multiple, serious injuries. We started the claim process immediately, but now 3 months later, we still have not received any payment. We have completed 2 stacks of paperwork. Also the hospital & MedFlight have submitted information. Each time we think we have submitted everything, then Family Heritage asks for something else. We feel this is their plan to keep from paying us. We even had to submit documentation to prove our son is our dependent (even though he is listed on our policy from 2008 & we have been paying for coverage for him). Now Family Heritage says they are waiting for even more info from the hospital. We really doubt that this info has even been requested. We feel we'll have to turn this over to our attorney before we receive payment. What a hassle! This is not what the salesman told us when we purchased this policy. We regret ever taking this policy with Family Heritage, it is a worthless company!

I have a client who is 60 years old, had prostate cancer 2 years ago, and has a policy with family heritage. He went through 45 radiation treatments and has received a little over $11k in benefits. He as a return of premium provision that pays back all premiums minus any claims. At this point, he will never receive back any money at 65 because of the size of his claim, but the company has continued to charge for the cash value rider. My client called the company and they said he could drop the rider, but could not reimburse him for the last 2 years of premium. Why isn't this done automatically instead of continually charging clients for a rider when it becomes worthless?

I am currently employed by Family Heritage Life. Currently I am selling their Cancer Policy. I just received a call from the head of our group informing me that I OWE them $1500. Let me explain the process. First you will go and meet with the interviewer and have an "interview" - which is more of a sales pitch than anything. Then, you are allowed to ride with another salesman - who happens to be their best salesman in the company so it seems very easy to do.
    If you decide that you are going to jump on board with them you have to get licensed first( at least a week of training @ $200 for the class, then take the state and national test for $80-if you pass your first time)
    Once you pass your test they will immediately (no price shopping here) book you on a flight for the following week to Dallas or Nashville for "sales training". The cost of this flight doesn't matter to them because YOU are eventually responsible for this cost. Then you are put into a hotel room and the "sales training" begins on Monday. "Sales training" is 12-14 hours a day of useless information and Hoo-ra b.s. that will bore you to death and helps to prepare you for the cult that is Family Heritage, not to train you how to sell. The only thing out of this training that is valuable in the field is the "approaches" that could be taught in a few hours. The rest is utterly useless and horrible as far as training is concerned. Their training is nothing but an ADDITIONAL INCOME STREAM for the company that you get to pay for .
    It is REQUIRED for you to go through their training which they ultimately charge TO YOU WITH INTEREST.
    Now it is time to get out in the field. Keep in mind that you haven't made a penny in the previous 2-3 (bare minumum) weeks-worse yet is that you have gone INTO DEBT to the company. Sounds GREAT so far huh?? Well now you get to go out and try your newly learned craft !!!
    A few things to keep in mind - you are an independent contractor in name only. The micromanagement is unbelievable - company wide phone meetings 3 times a week, daily phone calls to your superiors ( I had 3 superiors ), well they are "technically" your equal to keep things legal since you are an independent contractor, filling out your daily schedule forms, nightly phone calls to see how many doors you have knocked on, etc., etc. It is a CULT LIKE atmosphere.
    It is funny how they spin things to look like they are the so great. I will give you an example of how you get paid. Lets say you make a $100 a month sale and you are at a 30% commission rate. Well they are such a gracious company that they will "front" you 7 months of commission (with a 10% interest rate) so 30% of $100 is $30- so they advance you 7 months of commission for a total of $210. That's what they pay you on your commission check. BUT the other 5 months of commission is ate up by the interest that they charge (ohh family heritage is so good to meeeee). Now if a client were to cancel - guess who gets to pay the balance owed ??? Yep, you.
    So how do I owe them $1500? Sales training = $1000 and I sold 6 policies= $500 LOL- you will actually owe them money for selling policies. Pretty awesome huh.

Quote Originally Posted by creativepowers View Post
    Just got my e-mail from them. Never heard of the company (and yes, their e-mails look oh so familiar!), so I did a search. Not surprised that scam.com is watching them.

Having become licensed last year as a Life Agent in CA, the one thing I did notice as being quite obvious is the products they claim to offer are, for the most part, rip-offs:

What We Offer
    Insurance
    Cancer
    Intensive Care
    Heart Attack and Stroke
    Accident
    Hospital Confinement
    Return of Premium

Very few people actually collect on these types of policies.

I collected off mine and so did several people I know.

For accidental death policies, the individual usually has to die on the scene of the accident. If they make it to a hospital, oh well!

Here in KY, the accidental death pays if you die within 180 days of an accident.

What they claim to offer are usually prepared as riders (add-ons to other more complete policies). These riders tend to be big rip-offs because the insurance co's try to find ways to claim your death was actually caused by other things.

The only rider offered here is the ICU. The others are stand alone policies.

Return of Premium policies usually charge over-inflated rates to begin with so they are investing your money and making bank on it to give you back a small portion of what they made on your money later -- if you can afford to keep the policy going.

In KY, the least we will get out of our policy is what we paid for it when the return of premium is paid out.

Sure, if cancer runs in your family, you may want to add a rider to your policy, but if it doesn't, why waste your money? Most of what they list above is pure rip-off.
    As a licensed agent you should know the American Cancer Society states that the cancer rate is 1 of 2 men, 1 of 3 women and 90 % of cancers are due to environment, not heredity.

Hi. I just wanted to put this out there to try and clear some of the confusion concerning Family Heritage Life Insurance/Heart and Cancer policies. I personally hold their Cancer policy with the optional ICU benefits. Now, before you assume I've 'been taken' by some quack of a salesman, consider these things.
    A. After a 20 year period you are guaranteed to receive back every penny you have paid into the policy less any payout you have received in the 20 year period. How do I KNOW this is true? My in-laws once held these policies through Family Heritage. After the 20 years was up and having not used any benefits my in-laws received their money back - it went towards their children's weddings (myself/my hubby, my sis/bro-n-law were married w/in 4.5 months of each other, approx 4-6 weeks after they received their payout).
    B. I KNOW the policies payout as promised. How? My above mentioned sis/bro-n-law took out a policy when they got married. Approx 2 years later their infant daughter became very ill and was rushed to a specialty hospital and placed in the PICU for a while. Their agent visited them while in the hospital and began filing all the necessary paperwork. Within a very short amount of time they began receiving payments (the policies pay out twice a week for as long as needed).
    C. If they above statement wasn't enough for ya, maybe this will be. Our pastor is a relative of our agent. (By the way, myself and all mentioned here share the same agent. He and I are practically neighbors and we all attend the same church.) Anyway, our pastor - having a hard time receiving his retirement benefits - decided to take out one of these heart/cancer policies with the additional ICU. Roughly 6-7 weeks after the policy took effect he suffered a massive stroke and was hospitalized for just shy of a year. Much of that was spent in the ICU or step-down unit and included vast amounts of therapy. Despite having only paid one monthly payment Family Heritage stood true to their word and paid twice every week for every week he was hospitalized. The total received payout was over $147K. And yes, strokes are covered under the heart policy despite being the result of a blockage in the brain.
    So, if you are considering buying a policy, I urge you to heavily weigh this against those who pass judgement on a reputable company based on a bad experience with a pushy sales rep or b/c it came through via e-mail. Not saying they are wrong to be leery, I would have been if I didn't personally know three families with success stories to tell.
    Also, in case anyone is wondering, I am in NO WAY WHATSOEVER being endorsed by Family Heritage for making this statement. I simply wanted to help "clear the air" so-to-speak.
    In conclusion, just make the decision which feels right for your family, whether it be to take out a policy or to slam the door in the salesman's face. :)

I was contacted and basically they sell whole life as an investment. Do know if its a scam or not.

royal1688 online sbobet livescore royal1688 gclub casino