+ Reply to Thread

Usana Vs Market America

I posted a thread asking how good is MA's opc-3 couple of months ago in another forum, there's a random person saying that opc-3 from Market America is actually a dangerous product. It is harmful for you red blood cell and potentially harm your blood vessels or watever. This person said if i want more details, email him and he will reply. So I send him an email asking for more details. It turns out that he's in Usana, he told me that Usana's products are much more better since they have a real manufacture. Now he's spamming me with his Usana vitamins and random meeting crap. Is Usana's product better than Market America's or something? Or the system is better? BTW, it seems that Market America now is no longer mlm, it is called one to one market or something ( says in wikipedia). Anyone would like to compare these two companies? I'm kinda curious, LOL.

Re: Usana Vs Market America

The problem is that the compensation plans are usually very poor for these companies. If you want to make big money, u have to focus on recruiting, which makes mlms look like pyramid scheme. From statistics, we all know that most of the people can't make money in mlms. I don't know about Usana. For Market America, in order to qualify to make money, you have to recruit 2 ppl. So no matter how much u are selling, u can't receive you cheque unless you recruit 2 ppl. And if these 2 ppl want to make money ( of course they want to), they have to recruit 2 people to qualify. What about people they recruit, they have to recruit 2 ppl as well. So it just build up layers and layers, what if one day market saturated? The downlines suffered most. I'm okay with mlm, except for the recruiting part. What do you think about that?

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    A lot of folks like to provide bad press about MLM....especially here. Comparing marketing plans is all about doing the math...folks here will tell you that all the math is the same and stay away.
    What? Are you kidding?

They EARNED the bad press.

Now go back to sucking on your reputation-building $50 bottle of KoolAide.....err.... I mean "cactus juice".

Excuses, Excuses.....
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

I agree James with the pricing as well. The price of the products that mlm company offers are very expensive. If the quality is exceptional, then it might be reasonable. However, it is difficult to sell them. What concerns me the most is the recruiting part of mlm. What do you have to say bout that Will?

Quote Originally Posted by OppOrScam View Post
    I agree James with the pricing as well. The price of the products that mlm company offers are very expensive. If the quality is exceptional, then it might be reasonable. However, it is difficult to sell them. What concerns me the most is the recruiting part of mlm. What do you have to say bout that Will?
    You have missed the point. MLM products are cheaper. Take Amway toothpaste. The hole in the tube is smaller and you use it side to side instead of the long way. It is an illusion that its more expensive. Also as IBO pointed out, you should always seek out the highest price to compare to, not the lowest. So look at Nieman Marcus, not Walmart if you want the truth. MLM products are like a BMW, you will look very cool brushing your teeth with it. You will be able to cruise for chicks.

however price points are not 'expensive' or 'inexpensive' on their own....they are 'too expensive' for you if you don't get the results or feel the need for the product personally. Cars, houses, eateries, all have various price points and cater to their clients. The customer at Ruth's Criss steak house is not the same as the customer at McDonalds. Sushi is just raw fish....you aren't paying anyone to cook it, you are paying for them to slice it and present it pretty to you...is fish worth $50 a pound? It is to the customers at the sushi bar.
    This tactic is right on cue and predictable...he's one of the best at it!

MLMer's will start comparing their $50 bottle of "proprietary blend" to someone paying $50 a pound for tuna steaks.

The ironic thing is when you pay $50 a pound for the tuna, you know what you are getting.

This guy has very little knowledge about what's in his $50 bottle....ie he's clueless.

Go ahead and ask him....How much cactus juice is in your cactus juice (since it is advertised as "cactus juice")?

He can't tell you if it has 2 drops, 2 ounces, or none. He doesn't have a freaking clue.

That's the difference!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....

I partially agree. If the products can't sell on their own without the buyer being enticed by being part of a distribution system....we've got a problem houston.

however price points are not 'expensive' or 'inexpensive' on their own....they are 'too expensive' for you if you don't get the results or feel the need for the product personally. Cars, houses, eateries, all have various price points and cater to their clients. The customer at Ruth's Criss steak house is not the same as the customer at McDonalds. Sushi is just raw fish....you aren't paying anyone to cook it, you are paying for them to slice it and present it pretty to you...is fish worth $50 a pound? It is to the customers at the sushi bar.

MLM products often need a personal salesman, because they are unique and not able to be explained in a 30 second commercial....reselling of products you can get elsewhere for cheaper...that is where in my mind it becomes questionable.
    What is the cactus juice content of your juice?

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    What is the cactus juice content of your juice?
    Be careful tom, you're beginning to sound like OunceUponATime.

That's not a good thing at all...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You are exactly correct...we don't promise any results. Your milage may vary, each person is an individual. But on the website they do provide some testamonials of some folks results....we simply don't promise everyone's results will be similar and do provide a money back guarantee for those unsatisfied.
    I've got numerous customers that have responded with results similar to many of the testamonials. reduced inflammation, tried many other products and didn't get relief, reduced pain, paid much more for less relief, appreciate the product, glad to reorder, wouldn't want to be without it... that kind of response.
    We do get the occasional disappointment, and returns...less than 1% company wide and a fraction of that for me aswell.
    And why is it that the label doesn't get to say "cactus juice"?
    Oh right, because your product only contains a tiny sprinkle of cactus powder, and the FDA wouldn't allow it.

No, does every 7-11 and grocery store clerk know the propietary ingredients ratio in coke, or pepsi??

naw...but you knew that.

You personally have a good idea how much is in it...you've done the math, and know it is much more than a pinch.
    Is it two pinches....maybe three?

BTW....I didn't know liquids were measured in "pinches".

What's shockingly evident is that your juice is advertised as "cactus juice" but you can't confirm it has any cactus juice in it whatsoever!

Is it 1%, 10% or NONE? You don't have a clue.

A real businessman selling his primary product would have an answer to such a simple question.....an MLMer will tow the company line and proclaim ignorance

This guy actually compared somebody selling a Big Gulp at 7-!! to someone who is selling an inflammation fighting super juice?

WOW....it get's no better than this!!!

Here's a good one....

No, does every 7-11 and grocery store clerk know the propietary ingredients ratio in coke, or pepsi??
    naw...but you knew that.
    You personally have a good idea how much is in it...you've done the math, and know it is much more than a pinch.
    Our customers buy it, and rebuy it, and rebuy it....becuase they get results they like....they miss a month, or go try another product...and then they come back....because they like the results...
    And while they are interested in actually purchasing and consuming the product and you are not....it is funny how you always ask.....the same questions...over and over.....when you know the answers.
    It is? How come they can't list 'cactus juice' on the label?

Oh right, because they don't have enough cactus powder to qualify as reconstituted cactus juice.

Yes James liquids aren't measured in pinches and OUT is embarassed now that he is aware that there is more than sprinkles of powder, but that is his story and he is sticking to it. He's done the math and knows he has nowhere to go but stand in his corner and continue his rant even though it is a dead end.
    Our customers get better relief better results with our propietary formula than 100% products....and that is why they come back to us.
    If there is more than sprinkles of cactus powder, how come they don't get to list 'cactus juice' mon the label even though they mention it on their infomercial? And I am not embarrassed to point out that you are lying about the ingredients of your $200 a gallon scam water sprinkled with cactus powder.

hmmm is this the same question yet again? Let us let someone else answer it since you don't like my answer.
    http://www.theviablog.com/2010/12/26...of-whole-food/
    The label of your $200 a gallon scam water has the answer and you can't deny it. If you do you are lying about it. You can lie for your personal marketing, but the FDA has labeling requirements that the company has to follow.