+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Great Amway Story...

Oh shit no! Not Amway! Not again!
    My husband has a friend I dislike. One of these untrustworthy, unreliable, undependable persons who says he's going to be somewhere and then doesn't show up or call to say he's not. Then ignores all phone calls. Then goes off in a snit not to be heard again for months on end. I like those periods when we don't hear from the bastard. I'll just refer to him as the arrogant prick. That's the nicest thing I can say about him. It goes downhill from there.

All of a sudden he started showing up a lot and phoning my honeybunch a lot and my sweetie would go out and meet him, often not returning home until very late at night, sometimes past midnight.

Then one day he tells me that the arrogant prick has joined up with Amway and is having a grand opening at his house and has invited us to come over for refreshments and view his shit. I don't want to go, but accompany honeybunch anyway just in case he's tempted to buy any Amway shit, so I can stop it from happening.

I'm not interested in Amway. My honeybunch had gotten us involved with Amway many years ago. A man he knew's mother purchased a Platinumship and he joined under her so as to impress his friend I guess. I hated it. The products were expensive and not stuff I would buy anyway and we had to keep getting dressed up and go to meetings and seminars. After dropping a few thousand dollars and never signing up anyone we quit. Expensive lesson learned. I hoped.

Fast forward a few years to the arrogant prick's grand opening. I am not impressed. He has some nasty tasting XS energy drinks and some shitty food bars. He's got a bunch of Amway stuff out hoping for some sales. I spoke with his wife and told her we were involved years ago and none of the Amway stuff interests me. I made that clear to my husband so he wouldn't be pressured into buying any of the shit.

Later on he tells me that he's been sneaking off to Amway meetings with the arrogant prick and has decided to sign up again.

I am EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!

We got into a huge fight. We had gotten debt free except for our mortage and I knew we'd be heading into debt because the upline would be riding his ass about buying more and more and more so somebody upline could meet their goals at our expense.

Long story short. Honeybunch signs us up again with a mere "down payment" of $150 that would get us started as business owners.

The nightmare begins.

Re: Great Amway Story...

Ahhh, another fake story from fake anti-amway blogger Anna Banana

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post
    Oh shit no! Not Amway! Not again!
    My husband has a friend I dislike. One of these untrustworthy, unreliable, undependable persons who says he's going to be somewhere and then doesn't show up or call to say he's not. Then ignores all phone calls. Then goes off in a snit not to be heard again for months on end. I like those periods when we don't hear from the bastard. I'll just refer to him as the arrogant prick. That's the nicest thing I can say about him. It goes downhill from there.

All of a sudden he started showing up a lot and phoning my honeybunch a lot and my sweetie would go out and meet him, often not returning home until very late at night, sometimes past midnight.

Then one day he tells me that the arrogant prick has joined up with Amway and is having a grand opening at his house and has invited us to come over for refreshments and view his shit. I don't want to go, but accompany honeybunch anyway just in case he's tempted to buy any Amway shit, so I can stop it from happening.

I'm not interested in Amway. My honeybunch had gotten us involved with Amway many years ago. A man he knew's mother purchased a Platinumship and he joined under her so as to impress his friend I guess. I hated it. The products were expensive and not stuff I would buy anyway and we had to keep getting dressed up and go to meetings and seminars. After dropping a few thousand dollars and never signing up anyone we quit. Expensive lesson learned. I hoped.

Fast forward a few years to the arrogant prick's grand opening. I am not impressed. He has some nasty tasting XS energy drinks and some shitty food bars. He's got a bunch of Amway stuff out hoping for some sales. I spoke with his wife and told her we were involved years ago and none of the Amway stuff interests me. I made that clear to my husband so he wouldn't be pressured into buying any of the shit.

Later on he tells me that he's been sneaking off to Amway meetings with the arrogant prick and has decided to sign up again.

I am EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!

We got into a huge fight. We had gotten debt free except for our mortage and I knew we'd be heading into debt because the upline would be riding his ass about buying more and more and more so somebody upline could meet their goals at our expense.

Long story short. Honeybunch signs us up again with a mere "down payment" of $150 that would get us started as business owners.

The nightmare begins.
    It sounds consistent with many other stories on the internet.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    It sounds consistent with many other stories on the internet.
    It sounds consistent with other stories made up by Cheryl.

Remember, that's how she's attempting (and failing) to make a living - as a fiction writer.

Have you read her book? I'm told it's awful.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    It sounds consistent with other stories made up by Cheryl.

Remember, that's how she's attempting (and failing) to make a living - as a fiction writer.

Have you read her book? I'm told it's awful.
    It sounds consistent with the hundreds if not thousands of stories out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    IBOFightback is a shameless Amway schill who lies to defend Amway.

Keep in mind that oftentimes, these Amway "revival" meetings can have tens of thousands of people in them so what one person's story relates, could have happened to many thousands of others.

IBOFightback tries to minimize the issue saying it is isolated rogue IBOs who do these things. The bigger picture suggests that it is epidemic in nature.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    For the hell of it, let's take "thousands".

So you mean there's only a tiny tiny tiny percentage of people who've had experiences with Amway IBOs who have stories like this?

For the hell of it, let's take "thousands".

So you mean there's only a tiny tiny tiny percentage of people who've had experiences with Amway IBOs who have stories like this?
    Typical IBOFightback spin.

When it comes to income averages or success, you want to disregard IBO's who did nothing or joined just to buy at a discount.

But when it comes to complaints, you want to take into account the entire IBO population to try to minimize the number of horror stories out there.

Typical IBOFightback spin.

When it comes to income averages or success, you want to disregard IBO's who did nothing or joined just to buy at a discount.

But when it comes to complaints, you want to take into account the entire IBO population to try to minimize the number of horror stories out there.
    Hey, you want to narrow it down to a percentage of just properly active IBOs? I have no problem with that.

I'll rephrase.

Oh look at that. I didn't need to rephrase at all. To several decimal places the comment is just as accurate.

Hey, you want to narrow it down to a percentage of just properly active IBOs? I have no problem with that.

I'll rephrase.

Oh look at that. I didn't need to rephrase at all. To several decimal places the comment is just as accurate.
    Each story on the net could represent the experience of tens of thousands of IBOs who may have been exposed to the same teaching.

Each story on the net could represent the experience of tens of thousands of IBOs who may have been exposed to the same teaching.
    Just reread the story in question.

You can't purchase a platinumship unless you're already at that level or higher.

The story is complete fiction.

Just reread the story in question.

You can't purchase a platinumship unless you're already at that level or higher.

The story is complete fiction.
    There are thousands of stories out there. Each one may have been someone sitting in a function with tens of thousands of people who were taught the same BS by some leader of an AMO such as Network 21 or WWDB.

There are thousands of stories out there. Each one may have been someone sitting in a function with tens of thousands of people who were taught the same BS by some leader of an AMO such as Network 21 or WWDB.
    Which part are you missing?

The story is made up. It never happened.

heck, you want to know another little secret?

Anna Banana, author of Married to an Ambot isn't even married!

There are tons of legitimate stories out on the web. Are you denying that?

I assume, being European yourself, that you're not solely going by the different last names of Cheryl and Kerry. And let's say they're a husband and wife equivalent relationship, aren't you splitting hairs?
    I'm honest about my biases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikethenewbie View Post
    I assume, being European yourself, that you're not solely going by the different last names of Cheryl and Kerry. And let's say they're a husband and wife equivalent relationship, aren't you splitting hairs?
    No, I'm not just going by the last names. Cheryl & Kerry have never been married. Not to each other anyway.

Frankly, I don't care, but Joecool likes to attack me for "living in sin" so it's kind of amusing.