+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tricked into an Amway Meeting

It seems it's quite common for people to get tricked into an Amway meeting. Why would any company need to hide who they are? Can you imagine Colgate Palmolive tricking you into a store and only springing who they are after a 30 minute talk? Of course you can't, they sell quality products at a reasonable price with no need to hide anything.

Re: Tricked into an Amway Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    It seems it's quite common for people to get tricked into an Amway meeting. Why would any company need to hide who they are? Can you imagine Colgate Palmolive tricking you into a store and only springing who they are after a 30 minute talk? Of course you can't, they sell quality products at a reasonable price with no need to hide anything.
    Nobody would likely attend said meeting if the "A" word was mentioned upfront and honestly.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

It seems it's quite common for people to get tricked into an Amway meeting.
    What do you base this on? Just curious...
    Why would any company need to hide who they are?
    The blind business pitch is an OLD OLD OLD tactic, (from the 60' & 70's?!) You must be reading one of Jokey's blogs!
    Can you imagine Colgate Palmolive tricking you into a store and only springing who they are after a 30 minute talk?
    Wow! just WOW! GRASPING for straws again Tom, are you gonna bring up the suicide angle you thought up now too?!
    Of course you can't, they sell quality products at a reasonable price with no need to hide anything.
    Gee, honesty, you just might be on to something there! Imagine that.

Must be one of those "New Age" techniques I've heard so much about...:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Nobody would likely attend said meeting if the "A" word was mentioned upfront and honestly.
    A friend called me up. Said he had a business idea he wanted to show me. I asked what it was about. He told me a little bit. I asked "is this Amway?" He said yes, what do you know about it?

I went to a meeting.

Tommy probably got invited by Jokey, who we already know was happy to break the rules.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Hide the ball they call it...Amway does it...

as do time shares....eh?

1) Come to a 2 hour presentation with your wife and get free tickets to Disney World...

OR

2) Come to a 2 hour presentation with your wife and learn how fire your boss in 2-5 years, buy your own island in 10, and own a fleet of leer jets in 15.

Your comparison is foolish.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    The blind business pitch is an OLD OLD OLD tactic, (from the 60' & 70's?!) You must be reading one of Jokey's blogs!
    Wow! just WOW! GRASPING for straws again Tom, are you gonna bring up the suicide angle you thought up now too?!
    Gee, honesty, you just might be on to something there! Imagine that.

Must be one of those "New Age" techniques I've heard so much about...:
    So another thing that "we don't do anymore". I'll add that to my list. Still waiting for IBO to answer this. How many sketchy practices today will be tomorrow "we don't do that anymore"?

Oh the suicide, i saw that one in a article about a book.

Wow just wow

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...w=1920&bih=995

So another thing that "we don't do anymore". I'll add that to my list. Still waiting for IBO to answer this. How many sketchy practices today will be tomorrow "we don't do that anymore"?
    Most people never did those things.

It's just the frauds like Jokey looking for a get rich quick scheme that do things like that.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Most people never did those things.
    Every time I have every been approached I've never been told what it was unless i specifically asked. So I know you're wrong. Is that a lie or a mistake on your part? Only two possible answers.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    As little as two years ago folks were still being taught to 'hide the ball', ie don't disclose it is amway they are going to...
    That's not the same as being "tricked" or "deceived".

Occasionally you see people claim they were "tricked" in to going to an Amway meeting, when they were clearly invited to come and look at a business opportunity. There was no tricking or deceiving involved except perhaps for the self-deception of believing Amway isn't a business opportunity.

It's deceptive when people ask if it's Amway and are told no. Or are invited to a party and it ends up being an Amway meeting. Or implying it's a job interview etc. I had a guy in my group bring someone to a meeting at my place, his invitation was "I've got to drop in at a friends place to pick some stuff up" and then dragged him inside to meet us. That's deceptive.

Every time I have every been approached I've never been told what it was unless i specifically asked. So I know you're wrong. Is that a lie or a mistake on your part? Only two possible answers.
    So what were you told, Tom?

And what do you mean by "what it was"?

I had a guy come to a plan showing at my place once, he'd never seen the plan before. He thought it was really interesting. Thing was, he was already a distributor! A friend of his signed him up and the two of them went door-knocking restaurants selling espring water filtration systems.

That's what he though Amway "was", completely different to what we do. Wouldn't it have been deceptive to make him think we were inviting people to a meeting to do that?

Heck, I'd been in Amway before when my friend called me. I asked him if it was Amway and he said "yes".

What he eventually introduced us to was a hell of a lot different to what I was expecting. What I thought he was talking about was completely different to what he actually showed us.

I had "deceived" myself.

Heck, a guy I know asked the person who invited him "it's not some scam like Amway is it?". The guy replied "it's not a scam". So he thought it wasn't Amway and he went to the meeting, which was an Amway presentation - different to what he'd seen before.

It wasn't a scam.

He's now a Founders Crown Ambassador.

It's always been possible to "do" Amway in lots of different ways, and lots of different groups "do" Amway in different ways. What's more, Amway itself has changed over the years. When I first saw Amway it was about cleaning products. I made a bit of extra cash as a student, buying and selling soap. People still think it's a "soap" company, when these days that's only about 10% of revenue.

The second time I saw it, it was about catalogue home shopping.

Then it was about internet shopping.

Now it's about health & beauty, and is one of the world's leading companies in those categories.

Different times, different people, different concepts and techiques.

"It's Amway" says not much at all.

That 100% of the times i have been approached no one told me it was amway.

Here is why people like IBO are so dishonest. If I was in charge of High School athletics in the US and I went into schools and said if you work out and practice hard you will make the NBA. I point to Kobe or I tell a football player he can be a Tom Brady if you just work the system. Sure there are people who make the NBA, MLB, NFL, etc. Sure there are people who make huge money in Amway, but they are a tiny percentage. Outlier is the term. Not the main stream. You canít use an outlier as your poster child.

Sheesh! ...just how many times have you been approached about Amway?

I'm in my fifties, it's happened to me, once, that I recall...

Here is why people like IBO are so dishonest. If I was in charge of High School athletics in the US and I went into schools and said if you work out and practice hard you will make the NBA. I point to Kobe or I tell a football player he can be a Tom Brady if you just work the system. Sure there are people who make the NBA, MLB, NFL, etc. Sure there are people who make huge money in Amway, but they are a tiny percentage. Outlier is the term. Not the main stream. You canít use an outlier as your poster child.
    That's your perception. I don't 'see' it that way at all!

I've NEVER seen IBOFB point at Amway success stories as the 'norm', or "main stream", anything but...

You claiming that he does make such claims is exaggerated hype on your part, in other words, a LIE!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

The blind business pitch is an OLD OLD OLD tactic, (from the 60' & 70's?!)
    Since you were in MLM back in the 70s, is the "blind business pitch" a tactic you perfected yourself?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

There's nothing inherently dishonest in that. Indeed, as I pointed out, it may have been misleading to say it was Amway, since different people will interpret that differently.

Sports typically require particular physical attributes to be successful. That's not the case in MLM, where everything is a learnable skill and people from all sorts of backgrounds have succeeded.

Having said that, did you never hear of "be like Mike"?

Oh the suicide, i saw that one in a article about a book.

Wow just wow

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...w=1920&bih=995
    I'll ask again, where did you get this idea from?

Quote Originally Posted by TominAustin
    It seems it's quite common for people to get tricked into an Amway meeting.
    Where did you get the idea that this tactic was "quite common" nowadays?

Reading Jokey's old worn BS again?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    as I pointed out, it may have been misleading to say it was Amway, since different people will interpret that differently.
    WOW, just wow.

So which is it, "we don't do that anymore" or "it's misleading to tell people it's amway"?