+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Amway's Average Income

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...ing03_CV_N.htm

With the "tape of the week," the "book of the month," the seminars, rallies and conventions Jim Wittlich and his wife, Lori, paid for, the couple spent thousands of dollars in the two years they were Amway distributors.
    Wittlich says they weren't forced to pay for marketing materials and meetings but were told repeatedly that these "tools and functions" were necessary for success in the multilevel marketing organization. They would be "looked down upon and chastised" if they didn't buy them, Wittlich says.
    Even proponents of multilevel marketing say the cases and probes underscore one of the growing problems in the industry: It can be very difficult, if not impossible, for most individuals to make a lot of money through the direct sale of products to consumers. And big money is what recruiters often allude to in their pitches.
    With the growth of discounters including Walmart and retail websites, few people need to buy toiletries, detergent or vitamins from a friend or neighbor, especially with the higher prices charged so all the commissions can be paid. Making money by recruiting more people, selling them training materials and persuading them to buy products can become the only way to make much money at some of the companies.
    Wittlich says he worked day and night on his Amway business and never made a profit. "Active" Amway distributors earn an average of just $115 a month, according to Amway's latest disclosure statement. Just a quarter of 1% (0.26%) make more than $40,000 a year, which Amway attributes to the fact many work part time. Active distributors, which describes about 60% of Amways's 600,000 North American distributors, get at least one bonus check, attempt to make one sale or attend one meeting a year.
    "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour," Whitsell says of multilevel marketing. "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Amway's Average Income

Yup, that's a great example of all the various BS and lies that people like you spread about MLM!

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

So...what do you suggest? Aside from the obvious, avoiding the tool programs, what is the overall solution, according to you?

What will solve the dilemma of poor average earnings?

Is it the comp-plans that need changing, the marketplace, the Direct Sales industry itself, what is the answer to the poor average earnings 'problem'?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Yup, that's a great example of all the various BS and lies that people like you spread about MLM!
    Typical spin. Call it lies but don't identify what is a lie.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

The solution is to avoid MLM like the plague. MLM is basically a drain on local economies and frankly does more harm than good overall. Typically the only winners are the MLM company owners and a select few top of the pyramid distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Typical spin. Call it lies but don't identify what is a lie.
    Here's some.

• must bring more recruits in to make money
    • effectively required" to purchase products and event tickets from the high-level distributors
    • the more senior people get a cut of the sales of everyone their recruits bring in
    • the higher prices charged so all the commissions can be paid
    • The highly concentrated Amway brands cost 23 cents and 28 cents a load, respectively
    • consumers can "go to the grocery store and get something that performs a whole lot better for a whole lot less money.
    • Supplement retailer GNC's most comparable product, Ultra Mega Green multivitamins
    • "direct selling" in multilevel marketing is needed in countries with "primitive distribution systems and limited choices in retail stores," but its potential is "seriously limited" here.
    • Wittlich says he worked day and night on his Amway business and never made a profit.
    • "Active" Amway distributors earn an average of just $115 a month, according to Amway's latest disclosure statement
    • "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour"
    • $8 DVDs are a "profit center" when they cost "25 cents" to produce
    • 99% of distributors lost "significant savings" because they had to buy so many training materials as well as the company's own products
    • Amway IBOs were expected to buy products added to the catalog, even if they didn't need them
    • it was so hard to sell products to others to get his "meager" bonus each month, he had to "hyper consume" them.

Not a lie, but just plain idiotic -

• new salespeople can seldom sell enough to earn anything close to the money those higher in the companies do

translation - new salespeople can seldom sell enough to earn anything close to the money those people who sell a lot more do.

Well, duh!

I note that the article was written in 2011 and who do they ask about Amway? People who were distributors in the 1990s.

I blogged about this article back when it was published -

A response to USA Today and their sins of omission

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Here's some.

• must bring more recruits in to make money
      IBOs emphasize recruiting do they not?
    • effectively required" to purchase products and event tickets from the high-level distributors
      defacto requirement. "tools are optional but so is success"
    • the more senior people get a cut of the sales of everyone their recruits bring in
      This is generally true
    • the higher prices charged so all the commissions can be paid
      This is true
    • The highly concentrated Amway brands cost 23 cents and 28 cents a load, respectively
      And still more expensive than other leading brands
    • consumers can "go to the grocery store and get something that performs a whole lot better for a whole lot less money.
      This is absolutely true.
    • Supplement retailer GNC's most comparable product, Ultra Mega Green multivitamins
      Most of these supplements, including Nutrilte are urine supllements.
    • "direct selling" in multilevel marketing is needed in countries with "primitive distribution systems and limited choices in retail stores," but its potential is "seriously limited" here.
      True
    • Wittlich says he worked day and night on his Amway business and never made a profit.
      Along with the rest of the 99%+ of the IBO population.
    • it was so hard to sell products to others to get his "meager" bonus each month, he had to "hyper consume" them.
      True
    My comments in red.

Well that was predictable. There's a whole bunch of lies and you agree with them.

Well that was predictable. There's a whole bunch of lies and you agree with them.
    What's more predictable is your lies in disagreement.

Wittlich says he worked day and night on his Amway business and never made a profit. "Active" Amway distributors earn an average of just $115 a month, according to Amway's latest disclosure statement. Just a quarter of 1% (0.26%) make more than $40,000 a year, which Amway attributes to the fact many work part time. Active distributors, which describes about 60% of Amways's 600,000 North American distributors, get at least one bonus check, attempt to make one sale or attend one meeting a year.
    "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour," Whitsell says of multilevel marketing. "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."
    If just about 1/4 of 1% make that kind of money, it's pretty easy to conclude that much less than 1% make any kind of serious money in Amway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    If just about 1/4 of 1% make that kind of money, it's pretty easy to conclude that much less than 1% make any kind of serious money in Amway.
    Yes, that is the logical conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    Yes, that is the logical conclusion.
    Garbage in, garbage out. The BOB says more than that make >$50,000/yr.

$50,000/yr isn't "serious money"? For a part-time business?

Were you guys on the Romney campaign?

Did you just cite their own marketing as proof? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.............................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......phew

Quote Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post
    Did you just cite their own marketing as proof?
    Did you just imply that official statistics required to be published by a court decision have been falsified?

Really?

LOL, get this. In the BOB...

"For average annual compensation and highest annual compensation at all IBO levels, go to Amway.com and search for:compensation chart."

Try it and then send me a link to said chart

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    LOL, get this. In the BOB...

"For average annual compensation and highest annual compensation at all IBO levels, go to Amway.com and search for:compensation chart."

Try it and then send me a link to said chart
    Actually I did that yesterday and have already sent them an email about it.