+ Reply to Thread

Vine Vera/Orogold Cosmetic Scam--BEWARE!

:judges:Those pushy people who almost attack you at the mall from their kiosk are gypsy thieves so you need to avoid them at all costs. They pull you in with a free sample but then proceed to try to sell you some trashy, cheap products they claim will work miracles. With parabens and mineral oil...really?

The prices are made up as they go along and then they discount it and throw in some "free" stuff. The gypsy mentality is like shopping in Mexico...you end up with a bunch of junk at prices that are ridiculous. They try to say that a mask is $2,000.!!! Really??? They start off at $2,000 for something that is worth $2 and then start with their negotiating. Who does that if they are legitimate? When is the last time you haggled at Nordstrom's?

I bought some of their face stuff and trust me...it is THE WORST PRODUCT ON THE MARKET. I would prefer L'Oreal over this stuff. A friend is an esthetician and she laughed at the ingredients. Resveratrol isn't going to penetrate the skin by putting it on your face. A joke! If wine could do that we wouldn't need to drink it would we?

The worst part is that although they don't mention it to you there IS NO REFUND. They will exchange the product from one AWFUL product to another. But how do they know how much the exchange is for because all the prices are made up on the spot? Don't waste your money on this junk...go to a reputable store with proven products who will stand behind the products and NOT RIP YOU OFF.

Sure you can go to the website and they have ridiculously made up prices there too. Their website is just to make it look like they have a real business and not some shady scam that preys on shoppers in the mall. They have no business. No results. No store. No integrity. Only a band of gypsies who lure you in and take advantage of poor, unsuspecting fools.

Oh, by the way, they also scammed my credit card and overcharged me a lot of $$$$ because I didn't have my glasses on so I could check the amount before signing. A totally illegitimate con that this company uses to get your money. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LIARS!:judges:

Re: Vine Vera/Orogold Cosmetic Scam--BEWARE!

Please read this post I found online about what a scam this is.:judges:

Dec. 4, 2012. Update.

Ive done some more looking into Oro Gold Cosmetics, and it appears to be an offshoot (perhaps even a shell company) of the Dead Sea Cosmetics businesses that have been under investigation by the US and other governments, as revealed by a cable from the American Embassy in Tel Aviv released by Wikileaks.

These companies recruit young Israelis who have just finished their military service. They send them to America (and other countries) on tourist visas, put them up in apartments (for which they charge room and board) and set them to work on their stores and kiosks on a commission basis. I think this explains why the sales people are so aggressive and manipulative, and so willing to lie to customers. After a few months, the employees go back to Israel.

In addition to scamming consumers and exploiting workers, these companies seem to also be involved in organized crime, including drug trafficking and money laundering.

Here is an interesting article about how these kiosks work in England.

But it gets even more interesting than that. I decided to take a look at the ingredients for the peeling product that the salesman had applied to me. While I couldnt find the ingredient list at the Oro Gold website, others listed water and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) as the two main ingredients. Its been a long time since High School chemistry, but Wikipedia was helpful enough to explain that PVA is used mostly for its film-forming and adhesive qualities. In other words, its a glue. A quick search for PVA and glue, quickly confirmed that PVA is the main ingredient in household glue.

Do you remember what happens when you get some glue on your skin and let it dry? Come on, give it a try and then rub it off! Yep, the glue you rub off looks very much like skin and your actual skin feels much smoother and softer. Their $100 peeling gel is just a trick.

It would appear that Oro Gold is not just literally scummy, but also scammy.

Dec. 15th update

I found a New York Times article about the lack of benefits of gold in cosmetics. Its worth a read.

Also, apparently the Oro Gold peel does not contain PVA (see comments below). Instead it contains carboner, a thickener, which when combined with cetrimonium chloride and rubbed on the skin, forms white beads. The colorant in the product is probably meant to make these look like skin. This combination does help remove dead skin, but then again, so does glue.

Jan. 22 update

Last week I had a long phone conversation with Judy White, the Costumer Service Manager with Mazal Enterprises, the company behind OroGold. This is what I learned from the conversation:

- Mazal Enterprises is the manufacturer and distributor of a number of different beauty lines, including OroGold, HerStyler, VineVera, Lionesse and Vivo Per Lei among others.

- They are a private, family-owned company and they are not related to Death Sea Cosmetics or another company.

- They have both company-owned stores and licensee stores. I think she said there were 200 stores world wide, but she couldnt tell me which proportion was each or which companies were running stores with the Oro Gold name. She did say that their licensees agree to only do business with their company. But not knowing who the licensees are, its impossible to know if they might be the same people connected with the Dead Sea cosmetic mafia, to give it a name

- She blamed all the bad customer service to licensees who were not doing their job correctly She says they have been closing down kiosks (which she claims have never been operated by Mazel) as well as OroGold stores that have caused problems. She said all stores in Vegas have been closed down.

- She said they dont have any stores in the Philippines. If there is a store there, they dont know about it.

- She says they are trying hard to deal with the customer service problems in the company by making all their stores company-run. But she claimed that took time.

- She says that she will be happy to send a refund to anyone who contacts her. Her e-mail is [email protected]

Unfortunately, there were other things she couldnt explain:

- How is it that OroGold sales people throughout the world use the exact same selling techniques, and how come those techniques are the same ones used by Dead Sea Cosmetics and other companies. She tried to argue that it had to do with individual sales people getting over enthusiastic, but couldnt explain why they would all say the same things, show the same products, down to the same trick of folding the receipt so people cant tell the products cannot be returned.

- She couldnt explain why so many people throughout the world have reported that OroGold sales people are Israeli (or otherwise have an accent that might indicate that theyre from Israel).

- She couldnt explain /why/ the chain had a no returns policy on unopened products. She brought up having bought some make up at Nordstroms I imagine to make the point that she wouldnt be able to return it and was surprised when I told her Nordstroms would be more than happy to take it back.

As Judy kept emphasizing that the company wanted to change its image, but that would take time, I mentioned that they could eliminate most complaints if they accepted returns on unopened products (she says they will take back open products if they cause an allergic reaction). After all, the biggest complaints are that people feel ripped off. Accept returns and that goes away. She seemed to get the idea and said shed bring up to her superiors. Personally, I think that the whole hard sale/overprice/lying/no-refunds method is the intentional modus operandi of Mazal, but she genuinely seemed to be unaware of that. Meanwhile, however, if you want a refund do e-mail her (and then let me know if youve gotten it).

I got scammed and I am not proud of myself because I usually don't fall for this stuff! I too was at the mall. It was exactly as the previous author described it. A kiosk with a very pushy sales person. I was waiting on a friend so I stopped to listen. WRONG!
    There are no prices on any of the products. They have the Vine Vera showcased but that is not what they are selling. They show you a website for Vine Vera however they are selling a product called Vito.
    They promise results and if you use the product up or anything happens to the containers within 2 years you will be given a free refill no questions asked as long as you have the receipt. The sales person talks so fast and has an answer for everything you ask and they will tell you exactly what they think you want to hear. They are very well trained.
    They will throw in free products based on how much they charge you for the items you are actually buying.I bought 2 items they gave me three fulls items for free. You are not informed that there are no refunds until the receipt is in your hand. They show you on the receipt how to get your free refills which distracts you from seeing the NO RETURN policy. I took the products home and went online and saw this report.I also tried to locate a website for this Vito product, it was not listed on Vine Vera or anywhere via google. I thought I was in a good mall, however the mall is all about revenue/sales making money, don't forget that!
    I went back the next day to return the items and a woman was buying the same products I had purchased for half the price. I demanded a refund and they said that was not possible, that it would come out of their pocket. I said I wasn't leaving until I received my refund, they threatened to call the mall police.
    Then they told me to call the customer service number listed on the receipt, I did and I had to leave a message as no one answered. I called 5 times and each time there was no answer so I waited at the kiosk for a return call
    . Finally, I received a call back.
    They agreed to a full refund since I had returned the items within 24 hours and I had an apparent reaction to the products that were put on my skin the previous day by the sales person.
    By the way I need to mention that prior to going back to the mall, I put some red food coloring in a spray bottle and sprayed the two places they had put the product on me the previous day which was the back of my hand and my arm. I wiped off just enough coloring to resemble a rash, then I returned to the mall. I had no intention of using the "rash" unless I had to. I did and it worked.:judges:

Yes, my sales person was Israeli, yes I bought it at a kiosk - though they had a store in the same area - but - and I'm not affiliated with them in anyway and I'm not being paid - This stuff has worked wonders for me. Could I really afford it - oh, no way - but was it worth the price - in a heartbeat. I am sorry that the products don't work for you - I imagine they work differently on everyone. I am 44, and since using it, people are surprised to hear that. I wish you better luck finding products that work with your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by heathh View Post
    Yes, my sales person was Israeli, yes I bought it at a kiosk - though they had a store in the same area - but - and I'm not affiliated with them in anyway and I'm not being paid - This stuff has worked wonders for me. Could I really afford it - oh, no way - but was it worth the price - in a heartbeat. I am sorry that the products don't work for you - I imagine they work differently on everyone. I am 44, and since using it, people are surprised to hear that. I wish you better luck finding products that work with your skin.
    So, I also am not one to get suckered in - and today I did. Paid 74 bucks for daytime moisturizer but he "threw in" the mask.

After doing some research online, not only can you buy these exact items from ebay for 10 bucks, but the stuff they use in the "mask" is a glue based product that will peel on a counter. I was unaware that countertops shed skin. Long story short, I went back an hour later, explaining how I found all this info out, and wanted a refund. They had to call "customer service" from his cell, but I believed realized I was not going to back down.

Lesson learned. I will continue my march away from those kiosks. If you like the product, seriously, check out ebay, same stuff at 10 bucks a pop. :sun_smiley:

I'm emailing Judy today about wanting to return unopened items that they would not take back. All the guy did was throw another bottle in my bag as if that is what I asked for. I know it'll be more of the same if I go again. But I will not use 4 bottles in top of the scrub I actually wanted to get. I can't afford these extra products....especially if I'm not going to use them. Plus they are doing something new. After making you buy more than you wanted to originally with their trickery, they take you to a shop across the aisle to buy mineral makeup! I told them no way but he was also very insistent and the makeup looked good indoors but outside it looked like I had baby oil on my cheek. No thanks and thank goodness I stood firm on that pressure sale.

We will see if Judy replies.

BUYER BEWARE!!! Consumers this is a rip-off!!! The sales people lie, cheat, and steal your money.

Vine Vera is a kiosk on the lower level in Park Meadows Mall, Lone Tree, CO, but they also have a very glitzy store called Forever Flawless on the second floor.

The sales pitch starts when a young handsome swarthy male shoves some little sample pack of lotion. Then he cleverly drags you into a chair to get a "free" application of some lotion that "instantly" removes your eye wrinkles. These men must be professionally trained to determine your weaknesses and "tells." They know how to flatter you, make you comfortable, and then rip you off.

The anti wrinkle product costs $400!!! Yes, that's what I said, $400. When you balk at the price, he throws in a skin scrub. You still complain about the price; he then throws in a face scrub. You tell him that you can't afford it. Finally, he adds a tube of body lotion. Well, now you feel as though you've received a "deal"....4 "high end" products for $400.

After making that purchase, he tells you that since you're now a "preferred customer", you can receive a FREE 30-60 minute facial that will remove all wrinkles and sagging skin...including the sagging skin under your chin and neck area (and we all know that sagging skin can't be repaired unless you have surgery). He walks you up to their sister store, Forever Flawless, which looks like it belongs in Las Vegas....crystals, sparkles, lights, oh my!!! Now you have about 3-4 people all over you telling you how much better you'd look after the free facial with some alleged skin expert who can do wonders with their products and his expertise. By this time, you've had it; you're regretting that $400 purchase; and, you're becoming extremely suspicious. You tell them that you can't get the facial because it's late, and you have to get home. Now, they begin to say, "what's more important to you, your dogs or your skin?" What? Then the swarthy salesman who conned you out of $400 takes you aside and says, "Mr. Expert really likes you. He's only going to be in town until tomorrow at noon. You better take this opportunity, because you won't get another chance." Like I really care by this time. Mr. Expert is getting exasperated since I won't commit to an appointment. I walk out with no appointment and my bag of $400 worth of "something."
    When I got home, I did some research on this company and product. OMG!!! Yes, indeed, "there's a sucker born every minute." And, I must confess I'm one at this point on this product. I don't ever buy without doing my homework. I don't know what happened to me that day? My "tell" must have been a look of exhaustion on my face and a slower gait from aching feet. Also, I'm a senior citizen, so they saw me coming. They should be ashamed of themselves!!!

If you research this company on the Internet, you will find a plethora of NEGATIVE reviews about the company and the products, and this sales pitch is used ALL over the world to con people out of their hard earned money. This company and it's sales people should be ashamed of themselves and their tactics. The products are useless and have no benefit. Oil of Olay does just as good. Oh, BTW, you can NOT RETURN any items....not used or unused!!! So, if you're allergic to their products, you're out of luck and cash!!! Nordstrom's they are NOT!!!

My only consolation to all this is: "Karma's a B*&%H. You reap what you sow. What goes around comes around."

Feeling extremely embarrassed and conned. Purchased 1555 of these vine Vera goods yesterday. Got them home, used them today and the contents are separated and it's like gunk. I've emailed the lady above, demanding a refund. I hope she responds although I feel totally conned already and fear I've just lost all that money :(

Quote Originally Posted by theluckyone1970 View Post
    Please read this post I found online about what a scam this is.:judges:

Dec. 4, 2012. Update.

Ive done some more looking into Oro Gold Cosmetics, and it appears to be an offshoot (perhaps even a shell company) of the Dead Sea Cosmetics businesses that have been under investigation by the US and other governments, as revealed by a cable from the American Embassy in Tel Aviv released by Wikileaks.

These companies recruit young Israelis who have just finished their military service. They send them to America (and other countries) on tourist visas, put them up in apartments (for which they charge room and board) and set them to work on their stores and kiosks on a commission basis. I think this explains why the sales people are so aggressive and manipulative, and so willing to lie to customers. After a few months, the employees go back to Israel.

In addition to scamming consumers and exploiting workers, these companies seem to also be involved in organized crime, including drug trafficking and money laundering.

Here is an interesting article about how these kiosks work in England.

But it gets even more interesting than that. I decided to take a look at the ingredients for the peeling product that the salesman had applied to me. While I couldnt find the ingredient list at the Oro Gold website, others listed water and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) as the two main ingredients. Its been a long time since High School chemistry, but Wikipedia was helpful enough to explain that PVA is used mostly for its film-forming and adhesive qualities. In other words, its a glue. A quick search for PVA and glue, quickly confirmed that PVA is the main ingredient in household glue.

Do you remember what happens when you get some glue on your skin and let it dry? Come on, give it a try and then rub it off! Yep, the glue you rub off looks very much like skin and your actual skin feels much smoother and softer. Their $100 peeling gel is just a trick.

It would appear that Oro Gold is not just literally scummy, but also scammy.

Dec. 15th update

I found a New York Times article about the lack of benefits of gold in cosmetics. Its worth a read.

Also, apparently the Oro Gold peel does not contain PVA (see comments below). Instead it contains carboner, a thickener, which when combined with cetrimonium chloride and rubbed on the skin, forms white beads. The colorant in the product is probably meant to make these look like skin. This combination does help remove dead skin, but then again, so does glue.

Jan. 22 update

Last week I had a long phone conversation with Judy White, the Costumer Service Manager with Mazal Enterprises, the company behind OroGold. This is what I learned from the conversation:

- Mazal Enterprises is the manufacturer and distributor of a number of different beauty lines, including OroGold, HerStyler, VineVera, Lionesse and Vivo Per Lei among others.

- They are a private, family-owned company and they are not related to Death Sea Cosmetics or another company.

- They have both company-owned stores and licensee stores. I think she said there were 200 stores world wide, but she couldnt tell me which proportion was each or which companies were running stores with the Oro Gold name. She did say that their licensees agree to only do business with their company. But not knowing who the licensees are, its impossible to know if they might be the same people connected with the Dead Sea cosmetic mafia, to give it a name

- She blamed all the bad customer service to licensees who were not doing their job correctly She says they have been closing down kiosks (which she claims have never been operated by Mazel) as well as OroGold stores that have caused problems. She said all stores in Vegas have been closed down.

- She said they dont have any stores in the Philippines. If there is a store there, they dont know about it.

- She says they are trying hard to deal with the customer service problems in the company by making all their stores company-run. But she claimed that took time.

- She says that she will be happy to send a refund to anyone who contacts her. Her e-mail is [email protected]

Unfortunately, there were other things she couldnt explain:

- How is it that OroGold sales people throughout the world use the exact same selling techniques, and how come those techniques are the same ones used by Dead Sea Cosmetics and other companies. She tried to argue that it had to do with individual sales people getting over enthusiastic, but couldnt explain why they would all say the same things, show the same products, down to the same trick of folding the receipt so people cant tell the products cannot be returned.

- She couldnt explain why so many people throughout the world have reported that OroGold sales people are Israeli (or otherwise have an accent that might indicate that theyre from Israel).

- She couldnt explain /why/ the chain had a no returns policy on unopened products. She brought up having bought some make up at Nordstroms I imagine to make the point that she wouldnt be able to return it and was surprised when I told her Nordstroms would be more than happy to take it back.

As Judy kept emphasizing that the company wanted to change its image, but that would take time, I mentioned that they could eliminate most complaints if they accepted returns on unopened products (she says they will take back open products if they cause an allergic reaction). After all, the biggest complaints are that people feel ripped off. Accept returns and that goes away. She seemed to get the idea and said shed bring up to her superiors. Personally, I think that the whole hard sale/overprice/lying/no-refunds method is the intentional modus operandi of Mazal, but she genuinely seemed to be unaware of that. Meanwhile, however, if you want a refund do e-mail her (and then let me know if youve gotten it).

Hello. I purchased where i live in LAS VEGAS, so no, they do still sell here. It was my first time but i was convinced to purchase the merlot vine vera day cream as well as the exfoliant. I understand what you're saying about the accent of the seller. I had a hyper, nearly desperate for the sale, Cuban gentleman who tried to convince me that I have Rosacea and needed this product. He did a demo on my hand using the scrub, wiping off what he called the "'dead skin" and then put on the day cream. It was softer than my other hand. as far as the rosacea, he didn't mention it too much after i told him me and my friend's occupations, that we were both nurses. I did purchase the two above mentioned items although he tried to get me to buy much more. i bought it because i did see the difference. the problem was when i tried my purchase the next day. i opened the exfoliant and it was nothing more than a big jar of sea salt. verified by the contents. it was fragranced sea salt. i used it as he did and noticed that it was very abrasive, and that it didnt look like what he used. i dried my face and applied the cream. for the rest of the day and evening my face burned, i even had burn marks, and itched, and if i dare itched it would burn me more. it stripped skin off my face and u could see it. how horrifying. i am using the cream only because i like the smell and the feel but it is very short lived and has to be applied more often than regular lotion. very disappointed, very taken advantage of, this company definately scams people, and without offering a refund, it tells you even they don't stand by their product. my face was burned. what a pity. my mutual nurse friend thought of picketing outside this mans kiosk but i was too embarassed with a burned shiny face. shame on you. can't wait to go back to Fantastik Swap Meet in Las Vegas on Decatur blvd so i can swing by his kiosk setup.

Has anyone used Vera Vine products?

I got stopped at a kiosk the other day. Most of the stuff didn't impress me too much , except for their Merlot Peel. I've never used a chemical exfoliant before and I really, really liked it!

Very little rubbing with the cream got up layers of dead skin, very gently. Are all chemical exfoliants like this, or is it worth spending money on this specific brand?