+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: problems

Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
    Although I don't personally believe in organized religion being that I was raised a Mennonite and decided to become a fun loving heathen, I figure that all people have the right to choose their religions. Since Christians are predominate in the USA, I'm wondering why most Christians don't know that JWs are Christians. They just have a variation in their belief. What happened to tolerance? I get visits from the Mormons, the JWs, and a few other Christian church groups in my area. Although I don't agree with anything they stand for, I still am respectful and I do read their literature. I have also read several books on the Jewish beliefs. As humans, it's all about respecting other's beliefs whether it's political, personal opinions, or religion. I guess with my philosophy, I'm more "Christianlike" than most. Go figure.
    Well said, and as it should be, yet I feel you are an exception

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    ...I know that other countries still struggle and we see the evidence of the mistake of everyday citizens allowing religion to run a nation...
    And you don't think the USA is now run by the right-wing, hatemongering, conservative Christians?
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

And you don't think the USA is now run by the right-wing, hatemongering, conservative Christians?

....I know what you're saying.

What I meant was that we can be glad that this is not a theocracy...

The ideology of the president does not dictate what church we go to, what clothes we wear, what we can read and watch on television. What music we can listen to. etc. etc. etc...

I was agreeing with you in my last. We can be tolerant of others' beliefs as long as they do not infringe on yours or my right to practice ours in our own way.

You think Bush is bad...? Imagine someone like Ben-Ariel as president? Or a police force willing to back up his views?

....I know what you're saying.

What I meant was that we can be glad that this is not a theocracy...

The ideology of the president does not dictate what church we go to, what clothes we wear, what we can read and watch on television. What music we can listen to. etc. etc. etc...

I was agreeing with you in my last. We can be tolerant of others' beliefs as long as they do not infringe on yours or my right to practice ours in our own way.

You think Bush is bad...? Imagine someone like Ben-Ariel as president? Or a police force willing to back up his views?
    First off, I had to find out who Ben-Ariel is. I never heard of him so obviously he doesn't impact my life, much like religion didn't impact my life until our government decided there wasn't any need to separate Church and State. And that is what has happened. Bush is just a puppet for these right wing religious fanatics just like the rest of our government is and I don't like it. Then again, I've resigned myself to realize that there isn't a damn thing I can do about it so I don't lose any sleep dwelling upon it.

As a matter of fact, I was reading one of the threads about the Garden of Eden. OK, now I'm a reasonable person and I'm not gullible or stupid (I've never been in any MLM and never will be, so there's your proof of that.), but I know people that actually believe that the snake spoke. Yes, opened it's jaws and words came out. Why? Because people don't know how to interpret the Bible and if I even attempted to discredit that account, I'd be called anti-Christian. And so be it, so I just usually keep my opinions regarding religion to myself.

This thread caught my eye for some reason and all I can say is that the JW's aren't out to destroy anyone or harm anyone. They're on a mission to educate us non-JWs of their personal beliefs. That's fine with me as long as they don't kidnap me and try to brainwash me into believing their way. That will never happen.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

First off, I had to find out who Ben-Ariel is. I never heard of him so obviously he doesn't impact my life, much like religion didn't impact my life until our government decided there wasn't any need to separate Church and State. And that is what has happened. Bush is just a puppet for these right wing religious fanatics just like the rest of our government is and I don't like it. Then again, I've resigned myself to realize that there isn't a damn thing I can do about it so I don't lose any sleep dwelling upon it.

As a matter of fact, I was reading one of the threads about the Garden of Eden. OK, now I'm a reasonable person and I'm not gullible or stupid (I've never been in any MLM and never will be, so there's your proof of that.), but I know people that actually believe that the snake spoke. Yes, opened it's jaws and words came out. Why? Because people don't know how to interpret the Bible and if I even attempted to discredit that account, I'd be called anti-Christian. And so be it, so I just usually keep my opinions regarding religion to myself.

This thread caught my eye for some reason and all I can say is that the JW's aren't out to destroy anyone or harm anyone. They're on a mission to educate us non-JWs of their personal beliefs. That's fine with me as long as they don't kidnap me and try to brainwash me into believing their way. That will never happen.

Fair enough

Re: Jehovah Witness FRAUD for GOD

I was raised in a JW household practically since birth.

I began actively participating in spreading the knowledge I was taught from the ages of 7 to 13.

What I was able to positively derive from the teachings and from the members of the group was the genuine kindness toward each other and to those not part of the group.

I learned how to, and was able speak from the platform, to an audience about various Bible themes.

Of course, I also witnessed the hypocrisy of some members, but that's par for any religious group, I guess.

Where I feel they and other groups have gone wrong, is on the intolerance of non-believers and the rejection of other religions
    which pre-date their religion and spiritual teachings by hundreds and thousands of years.

Most groups, to their detriment, consider themselves and their teachings to be superior to other groups.

What I consider to be the positive side of church groups is the camaraderie among their members and the community service of charity they perform.

At the very least, I feel churches are good gathering places to socialize with others who share similar interests.

At the age of 13, I decided I no longer wanted to be a part of the JW's for my own reasons.

Jesus never died on the cross...he lives amongst us...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyHaszard View Post
    Dissident JW member speaks out.

The core dogma of the Watchtower organization is that Jesus had his second coming 'invisibly' in the year 1914.Their entire doctrinal superstructure is built on this falsehood.

Jehovah's Witnesses door to door recruitment is by their own admission an ineffective tactic. They have lost membership in all countries with major Internet access because their false doctrines and harmful practices are exposed on the modern information superhighway.

There is good and valid reasons why there is such an outrage against the Watchtower for misleading millions of followers.Many have invested everything in the 'imminent' apocalyptic promises of the Jehovah's Witnesses and have died broken and beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    Jesus never died on the cross...

..Why? Because he died on a stake?

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    he lives amongst us...

...Because of his spiritual return in 1914?

..Why? Because he died on a stake?

...Because of his spiritual return in 1914?

Wow!

Guess I assumed correctly here....no one came by to correct me....

My mother became a witness when i was 5 yrs old. The religion became a tool of punishment, fear and shame. My father started sexually, physically and verbally abusing me at the age of 8 and i remember telling my mother who went to the elders who subsequently told her that divorce is wrong and she should work on her marriage. i was abused for years to come my mother disliked me very much because she saw me as the one who took her husband's attention, and i hated myself i felt dirty. I was forced to preach i couldn't have friends i was starved on a regular basis on the grounds of misconduct. My mother is still a very avid member of the cult actually she's a pioneer. Even though she divorced my father many yrs after the fact she never showed any remorse for not protecting me and she insist that she did the best she could and i am ungrateful. so when i think about about this religion i don't feel warm because my life was almost ruined. I believe in god but i don't believe he is the blood thirsty, vengeful fear inspiring entity that he is made out to be. My experiences with the witnesses didn't fall short of my experience just related but to say i feel hateful no. they actually opened my eyes to the madness that people allow to control them and as in every situation there would be the good experienced and the bad. Mine happened to be really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud View Post
    Actually it was 613 laws that were listed. The 10 Commandments were part of those 613.

This was symbolized by the Pomegranate fruit which has 613 seeds in it. That why you will find pomegranates mentioned through out the Bible. And why they were carved into the 2 bronze pillars ,at the entrance of the Temple, named Jachin and Boaz.
    Pomegranate seeds...613 laws .... this is a much easier way to remember this tidbit of information. Thanks for the tip.
    :Lurking:
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo girl View Post
    My mother became a witness when i was 5 yrs old. The religion became a tool of punishment, fear and shame. My father started sexually, physically and verbally abusing me at the age of 8 and i remember telling my mother who went to the elders who subsequently told her that divorce is wrong and she should work on her marriage. i was abused for years to come my mother disliked me very much because she saw me as the one who took her husband's attention, and i hated myself i felt dirty. I was forced to preach i couldn't have friends i was starved on a regular basis on the grounds of misconduct. My mother is still a very avid member of the cult actually she's a pioneer. Even though she divorced my father many yrs after the fact she never showed any remorse for not protecting me and she insist that she did the best she could and i am ungrateful. so when i think about about this religion i don't feel warm because my life was almost ruined. I believe in god but i don't believe he is the blood thirsty, vengeful fear inspiring entity that he is made out to be. My experiences with the witnesses didn't fall short of my experience just related but to say i feel hateful no. they actually opened my eyes to the madness that people allow to control them and as in every situation there would be the good experienced and the bad. Mine happened to be really bad.

I had simular experiences with my family when they converted over from being Baptists to Jehovah Witnesses when I was about 11 years old. It was pure hell, it destroyed my social life, it destroyed my love life, it destroyed and murdered close relatives in cold blood as they were offered up as human sacrifices by denying them blood transfussions and other life necessary medical treatments.

Every single one of the Jehovah Witness marriages that I know of ended up in divorce, and most of them went on to get remarried and divorced many times; making every divorce lawyer in town rich, and them dirt broke.