+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Wave Marketing

Hello,

I just received a one page mailer from Power Wave Marketing, where supposedly they will do most of the work to help recruit people into their MLM company. It appears that they are affiliated with Life Force International. The guy behind this mailer is Calvin Nguyen.

In the self-mailer, Power Wave Marketing claims that they help one build a downline without doing any selling, meetings, or phone calls. Supposedly they recruit through mail and they close-up sales on one's behalf.

This has to be a scam, so I would like to invite people to share their experiences with Power Wave Marketing.

Bring it on!

Re: Power Wave Marketing

Wow I forgot about this company. I signed up with them about 4 years ago and got some Life Force Int'l products, which were fine, but I remember between the cost of the products and the marketing costs they offerred it cost me a few hundred dollars a month. I never did get any signups.
    I am not sure that it's a scam, but it is a costly program.
    Hope that helps.
    Starlighter

Never trust company that promises to build you downline. Its an empty promise.

I quit that program not because it didn't work it just cost too much and calvin nguyen is not an honest person. I got other three flyers just like his with 3 different person claiming they was the one who come up with this marketing system. you have to be rich already to join this program. Plus you cannot compete with the heavy hitter they spend like $5000 -$10,000 on advertising each month.

We joined Power Wave Marketing. So far so good with them. We have a downline, however, do not know if from their mailings or from ours. You can check your status on line. We have received the sponsoring bonuses. But we have put out close to 5000 mailings and they are mailing and only have 7 in our downline. Calvin says be patient, so we are trying to be patient. He did send us a list of 38 people with names, addresses and phone numbers who requested the info pack that we can call and talk to. We sent out letters and one has called us. We are giving it a little more time. Hoped it would pay more sooner. We shall see.

Calvin has always been straight forward with us. Can you give an example of his dishonesty from your experience? We have been scammed so many times I feel like there is a sign on my forehead that says "Scammers, convene here".

Both Life Force and Power Wave are legitimate companies, but very slow growth. My downline and monthly check is growing but you really need to have patience. If you don’t have patience, DON’T JOIN! I learned my lesson.

My Story: I was mailing about 250 flyers a month and went on a streak of getting people to join here and there but they were very small mailers so my growth was slow like a turtle. After 5 months, I threw in the towel and called it QUITS. Actually back then with my mindset, I called it a “SCAM”.

But ended up joining back again 2 months later. (Thank God, Life Force allowed me to keep my position) Calvin called a couple months after I quit and told me I had a couple new good mailers join the business. He didn’t have to and could have kept them himself and make $2,500 a month extra but he was honest about it. Now my monthly income is about 76% of my job’s income. Once it doubles, I will quit my job. This will be the first Christmas in 8 years that I will be able to buy real gifts for my whole family.

My advice is work a job or another business, but let this run in the background as your long term plan.

Pro: Solid Company. Good Products. Easy to build.

Cons: Direct mail is slow. Need a lot of patience. Online system would be nice.

Thanks so much for your reply. I felt like it was a matter of "patience". The only thing is that we have mailed probably 10,000 flyers in the last about 6 months. Our downline is not very big for that many mailings. I appreciate your comments and encouragement. Best of luck to you and Merry Christmas.

First Time Member here J. I was surfing around and found this forum on Power Wave Marketing so I will give you my side as I had questions when I first started also. First off, AMEN with Susan Graham and Quennie Salon on "PATIENCE". Gotta have it! Without it, you will GUARANTEE to fail.

Back in 2000-2001 I was getting these bright yellow flyers in the mail. It was one of those things you pick up and say it’s too good to be true or you think it would never work for you. But after receiving about 4 or 5 of them, something told me to just mail it in. I had nothing to lose but a stamp. Got the free information package in a very timely matter. I investigated Power Wave Marketing and Life Force with the Better Business Bureau. Even asked Calvin about 1,000 questions before I joined. I have been scammed about 4 times before so I wasn’t gonna let it happen again. I didn’t have money to lose if you know what I mean. Also my husband is a little against MLM back then. Moving forward… I have been a member of Power Wave Marketing and Life Force for about 6 1/2 years now. I have seen both the good and the bad. The ones that make money are the ones that have a good work ethic (putting together flyers on a consistent basis) and patience. I can’t emphasis patiences enough. The ones that don't make money are people that join and expect to get rich quick in 30 days. I joined at probably the worst time, right after the 2001 911 tragic and Anthrax scare. I have to admit I was skeptical but since I had one daughter and another on the way, I had to find something I can work at home with so I gave it a shot. It is my dream to be able to be a stay at home mother and raise my kids. My husband was an electrical engineer for the city so we were able to survive with one income and good health benefits. But back to the story. At first I was making small checks every month but since it was bad timing (911 attack, bad stock market, terrorism, etc), it really never grew like I thought it would. I rally had high hopes. That’s why I said amen to patience. In the beginning, I worked hard and put together a lot of flyers by hand (now I use their fulfillment center J). Numbers work slow but as time went on I was able to find a few good mailers in the group that duplicated. Things start picking up. My dream was in sight. But for about 2 years I was stuck at making about $1500-1800 a month and I could not get out of it. Even though it was hands-off for me by then, I couldn't get the monthly income to grow higher than that so I ended up having to go back to work after my youngest daughter was able to go to daycare. My husband took a pay cut earlier the same year at work. Calvin (Power Wave Marketing owner) told us there would be ups and downs and basically didn’t pressure us either way. But I chewed him out. The stress of two little kids and a cut in pay for my husband got me. Yes, I was wrong but I was just so mad that I had to go back to work. My dream was crushed. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Calvin could have chewed me back or hung up, but he just listened to me vent. He told me to go back to work and consider the Life Force income check as a 3rd side income for the family. At first I was irritated because I just wanted it to work so I didn’t have to go back to work, but Calvin was right to just use it as a 3rd income. Heck, it was free money coming in every month and I was complaining L After getting to know him longer I actually came to like him a lot for his honesty and integrity.

It wasn’t until about 7-8 months after that the monthly income started going up little by little each month. Peaks and valleys like a roller coaster, but it was heading up. I began to see the light. Okay, now I am rambling too much, even my daughter is looking at me like a mad women typing J. To make a long story short, BOTH my husband and I are now stay at home parents. My goal was to be able to stay at home with my 2 daughters, but now my husband gets to stay home also. It took longer than we thought but every ounce of sweat mailing the flyers was worth it. Our income on a monthly basis is now higher than all 3 incomes combined before when I was whining J And we’re on track to hit the 5 figure a month soon. I can not thank Calvin Nguyn, Power Wave Marketing, and Life Force enough. My life was changed because of a simple yellow flyer that I thought at first was a scam.

Sorry for the rambling. J

Hello Motherlife:

Are you still in Life Force? Do you still send out mailers each month? How many mailers would you recommend a person mail?

Thanks

RM

I'm on my third attempt at building my PowerWave business . Yes, 3rd time!!! I'm like you Queenie, just not so lucky. (lost my positions in Life Force-TWICE) Yikearoos!!! My fault.

First time in PWM and Lifeforce was in 2002. My biggest check in Life Force after expenses was $2800 a month. I was dumb enough to move to Xango and pulled everyone out and into Xango. Bad "over hyped" Internet system from my upline in Xango so we all ended up failing there. (Xango has a good product though, no knocks on that - I still purchase it today) I thought I was getting in ground floor in Xango and it would be huge for me....NOT. My uplines there in Xango do make some outrageous monthly checks though. 2 years later (2006) I rejoined back in Life Force and built a check to around $600 a month in a short period of time. Left to go to Monavie. I was too positive and thought I could build a binary without a system. Thought I could handle it, my biggest check in Monavie was $430. During this time, my Life Force upline's check is about $7,200 a month. Not even close to what my uplines in Xango make. For mailing out flyers and not talking to people - it is good money though.

Here we are now in 2008 in a recession and I could of and would of had a bigger check than my upline had I stayed in Life Force the first time. I remember mailing more than he did. So here is my third attempt. Both times I quit, I lost my position so I have to start all over. Life Force should have kept my position and pin number. Too late to whine:cwm14:. Third time WILL be the charm.

I am deaf, so internet and mail is the only way I can really build a business. PowerWave Marketing does do what they say, but I have to agree with everyone from above, you need time. I have never spoken to Calvin but I take it as he is an honest guy because he does do what he says in his flyer and literature. I don't know how he does it, my upline says he has connections with big fulfillment centers to pull it off. Give it enough time, it will work for anyone.

I'm 62 years old and have joined over 20 companies, this is only the 2nd company that I have found to actually make me more money than I spend. With over 27 years experience in network marketing, I have learn, you need a simple system for the average guy like me. I kept going to the groundfloor companies thinking I could make more. for now I will stay.

I am almost retired so I need my income to grow fast :rryumy:

“I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.” - Helen Keller

Hello Silenttalk:

How many mailers do you think is a good number to mail? I was thinking around 400 to 500 a month. Would I achieve results with that?

Thanks for your insight.

Randy

Hi Randy,

The number of flyers going out in your group determines your pace of growth. The more the better. For example, in a job, the more hours you work, the more pay. Just logical. The good side of network marketing is you are not doing all the work. Everyone in your downline can "work" (mail out flyers). We are in December and near the holidays so if I were you, I would slow down or not mail. Save it for 2009, that is what my upline and downline are doing. Enjoy the rest of the year. 2009 will be big for Life Force and Power Wave.

“I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.” - Helen Keller

Hi Silenttalk1946:

More questions if you don't mind. Actually you could email me at meagher184@comcast.net instead of here. I'm excited to be able to ask someone in Power Wave Marketing some questions.

1. Do you know of anyone (or is it possible) to earn a six figure income utilizing PWM only? In other words by just mailing?
    Do you know anyone in PWM doing that besides Calvin?

2. Do you use the PWM leads or do you find your own lead sources?

3. You think 2009 will be a good year for LFI and PWM? Have you seen more requests for the free packets since the economy has gone south?

Thanks so much.

Randy

We quit with Power Wave after we found out that Calvin picked his own "Elite Group" and set them aside under the Power Wave website that no one else gets access to. The rest of us get about 1 out of 100 of the leads that come in to Calvin (who does all the work for us to sponsor them-----NOT). If you get a package for "elite" you will do good (maybe) but at the expense of those who faithfuly mail and were not some of Calvin's "chosen". We mailed all told about 14,000 fliers over the period of time we stayed in it. Our biggest check has been $10.00. Our credit card is maxed for mailing and postage and copying, etc. With the sunk economy we are "struggling". I will always remember Calvin Nguyen.

After writing the last post I got a phone call from Calvin. He said people had been calling him about my post. That is OK. He wanted to present his side of the story, which I sat and listened to him. All things said about Powerwave Marketing/Life Force, we checked back and at the time we quit we had mailed slightly over 20,000 fliers and our check per month did not even cover mailing costs. Never greater than $10.00. Our credit cards are maxed from postage and mailing costs. So, whatever anyone wants to try is their business and I know patience is the name of anything you do, but patience and debt have bumped heads here. Good luck to all in whatever endeavor you do.
    Last edited by Susan Graham; 01-07-2009 at 03:14 PM.