+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Satan and Thirteen

Throughout history the number thirteen has been a symbol for good and evil. Mostly, thirteen has been a bad sign.

In ancient Egypt, there were twelve steps on the ladder to eternal life and knowledge, going to the thirteenth step meant passing from death to eternal life.

It was in Roman times that the number thirteen became associated with ill omens, particularly those bringing death and destruction.

For Christians, the number thirteen also brought bad luck. The superstition stems from the Last Supper where Judas Iscariot became the thirteenth guest to sit at the table and would later betray Jesus, leading to his crucifixion. Still to this day it is considered very bad luck for thirteen people to sit down for dinner together. It is believed that one of the dinner guests will die within the year.

There were thirteen colonies with a thirteen strip flag.

In Freemasonry, thirteen is the most significant number.

There are 13 signs in the zodiac.

And there are many more examples.

Could this be the influence of Satan?

It may be possible if you accept the following. Satan was one of
    thirteen angels in heaven before his fall. Now there are twelve angels in heaven, hence twelve tribes of Israel and Jesus's twelve disciples.

Your thoughts.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-15-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Re: Satan and Thirteen

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Throughout history the number thirteen has been a symbol for good and evil. Mostly, thirteen has been a bad sign.

In ancient Egypt, there were twelve steps on the ladder to eternal life and knowledge, going the thirteenth step meant passing from death to eternal life.

It was in Roman times that the number thirteen became associated with ill omens, particularly those bringing death and destruction.

For Christians, the number thirteen also brought bad luck. The superstition stems from the Last Supper where Judas Iscariot became the thirteenth guest to sit at the table and would later betray Jesus, leading to his crucifixion. Still to this day it is considered very bad luck for thirteen people to sit down for dinner together. It is believed that one of the dinner guests will die within the year.

thirteen angels in heaven before his fall. Now there are twelve angels, hence twelve tribes of Israel and twelve disciples.

Your thoughts.

Because people assign importance to certain numbers and either find them wherever they look. Or make them appear when they don't.

The number 13 is popular with Abrahamic religions.

no more BAKERS DOZEN for me!?!? and 13 + 10 = 23 did you see that MOVIE with JIM CARREY!? ::yelcutelaughA::crazy1::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

The number 13 is seen by Catholic priests as the age when sex with children should cease.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawker View Post
    The number 13 is seen by Catholic priests as the age when sex with children should cease.
    o
    +
    all KIDding ASIDE, how do you BELIEVE the LAWFUL age CONTROLS were DETERMINED!? science or STATISTICS which could be ALSO considered a SCIENCE!? dont forget BENET RAMSEY, whose DAMNABLE PRACTICES were NOT of her OWN choosing!? RICH people, BETTER OFF CIRCUMCISED BY gov!? ::judges::spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-04-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

In ancient Egypt, there were twelve steps on the ladder to eternal life and knowledge, going to the thirteenth step meant passing from death to eternal life.

And there are many more examples.

thirteen angels in heaven before his fall. Now there are twelve angels in heaven, hence twelve tribes of Israel and Jesus's twelve disciples.

Your thoughts.

why do i THINK your last POINT was your FIRST THOUGHT!? you didn't mention JEWISH BOYS must follow the COMMANDMENTS at 13 yrs OLD!? girls at 12!? hhmmmmm......the boys get to FOOL around an EXTRA YEAR?! :bah: :yelcutelaughA: :king22:

I always believed that "Satan" was the absence of God. Since humans are "earthbound" trying to find God it seems to make sense. Basically earth is "Satans" territory. We are given free will and the problems on earth that people whine about are mostly man-made. People and organizations chase supernatural things like a cat to a flaSHlight, especially the organizations you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Ophiuchus is a constellation and not a sign of the zodiac.

Try not to confuse the science of Astrology with the myth of religion.

The two are not connected...One is based on facts, one is not..You decide which is and which isn't, crakerjack!

you shoulda SEEN the CONSTELLATION i MADE in my PORCELAIN THRONE today!? i give it 5 STARS!? ...your SO DISGUSTING LEXX.................................YAH?!........ ..........................................PROVE IT!! : :freak3: :spin2: :judges:

I'm not sure but 13 is also associated with satanism and the occult. As you've mentioned the freemasonry is also linked with it. Almost all cults and satanic religions are associated with such number.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawker View Post
    Dude that is brutal. So funny though. I had coffee shooting out my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick101 View Post
    As you've mentioned the freemasonry is also linked with it.
    Again, we have rumors about Freemasonry and the gullible are quick to agree with them.

13 has no significance in Freemasonry.
    The number can't be found anywhere in any rituals or symbols in Freemasonry.

Maybe fredrick101 will provide us with a link to theforbiddenknowledge.com proving otherwise... :rotz:

Actually, you can take any number and "prove" that it's unlucky and that it's associated with all kinds of bad things.
    The Japanese has similar fear of the number 4. They have enough evidence to counter cnance above, so who are we to believe?
    The Chinese will say 9 is he unlucky number.

So how did 13 become an unlucky number? There are several theories:
    The Templar's Grand Master Jacques de Molay was arrested Friday the 13th October 1307.
    On Friday the 13th October 1066, king Harold II was offered to relinquish his crown by William of Normandy and refused. We all know how that ended...

There are several other theories, but without doubt the "evidence" of 13 being an unlucky number has since then been "backdated" to include events that happened well before the number became infamous.
    Like the significance of 13 participants at the Last Supper, that is an afterthought by Christians trying to find evidence in numbers.

I find it interesting that airlines leave out 13 when they number the seat rows... Who are they trying to fool? There will still be a "13th row" regardless of how you call it. It will always be right behind the 12th row...

Furthermore, if the plane goes down in a crash, doesn't it affect all rows? :

Anything will only have the power and influence over you that YOU allow it to... nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Again, we have rumors about Freemasonry and the gullible are quick to agree with them.

13 has no significance in Freemasonry.
    The number can't be found anywhere in any rituals or symbols in Freemasonry.

Maybe fredrick101 will provide us with a link to theforbiddenknowledge.com proving otherwise... :rotz:

Actually, you can take any number and "prove" that it's unlucky and that it's associated with all kinds of bad things.
    The Japanese has similar fear of the number 4. They have enough evidence to counter cnance above, so who are we to believe?
    The Chinese will say 9 is he unlucky number.

So how did 13 become an unlucky number? There are several theories:
    The Templar's Grand Master Jacques de Molay was arrested Friday the 13th October 1307.
    On Friday the 13th October 1066, king Harold II was offered to relinquish his crown by William of Normandy and refused. We all know how that ended...

There are several other theories, but without doubt the "evidence" of 13 being an unlucky number has since then been "backdated" to include events that happened well before the number became infamous.
    Like the significance of 13 participants at the Last Supper, that is an afterthought by Christians trying to find evidence in numbers.

I find it interesting that airlines leave out 13 when they number the seat rows... Who are they trying to fool? There will still be a "13th row" regardless of how you call it. It will always be right behind the 12th row...

Furthermore, if the plane goes down in a crash, doesn't it affect all rows? :
    Well, by your logic, people who agree with your defense are gullible too. There can only be two sides to arrogance, the right side and the erroneous side. You can believe your side is real for all I care, and I can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Anything will only have the power and influence over you that YOU allow it to... nothing more.

We need is a scientific study about the number thirteen. The research design would have to include a control variable that excludes peoples knowledge when actions associated with the number effected them. The number thirteen could just be superstition, or it could be mysterious forces causing events. It may have more to do with how the number has become part of humans thinking about numbers. However, the biblical reference should not be ignored. Number twelve is related to the tribes of Israel from God's chosen people. Then, of course, there are twelve disciples.

If there are twelve angels in heaven, number thirteen is truly significant if Satan was one of thirteen angels when he (it) was in heaven. Perhaps, that number was given to humans by Satan or other spiritual beings as a sign of evil or bad luck.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-16-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Finally a correct analogy and without crap and biased assumptions. I agree with you. Satan must have some connection with the number 13 and used it to let humans worship him by this number. That's why it is used in most occults, satanic camps and other cults.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick101 View Post
    Finally a correct analogy and without crap and biased assumptions. I agree with you. Satan must have some connection with the number 13 and used it to let humans worship him by this number. That's why it is used in most occults, satanic camps and other cults.
    Let me point out that in this thread, it's Christians who has used 13 as a symbol... not occults, satanists or any others.

All symbolic value attributed to the number 13 in this thread is from a Christian perspective and background. Not an occult, satanist or pagan background...

What does that tell us?