+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Satan and Thirteen

It tells us the following...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Anything will only have the power and influence over you that YOU allow it to... nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Let me point out that in this thread, it's Christians who has used 13 as a symbol... not occults, satanists or any others.

All symbolic value attributed to the number 13 in this thread is from a Christian perspective and background. Not an occult, satanist or pagan background...

What does that tell us?
    What are you talking about? You must have hit your head or something. We do not use the number 13 for Worship, it is the satanists, occults, mystics and those who worship the Devil who are obsessed with the number 13.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick101 View Post
    What are you talking about? You must have hit your head or something. We do not use the number 13 for Worship, it is the satanists, occults, mystics and those who worship the Devil who are obsessed with the number 13.
    K. did not say Christians use 13 for worship. He said that it is primarily Christians that attach mystical, supernatural or demonic significance to the number 13. It is just a number... it comes after 12 and before 14 and only has the significance one attaches to it... like voodoo or spiritualism... it only has what power you give it, nothing more.

Thank you Paul, you beat me to it ;-)

I agree it is just a superstitious number that can be used to explain bad luck or ideas of an occult. But why the number thirteen? Why not three, five of sixty six? It could just be a coincidence that thirteen is the next number after twelve, for which there a numerous references (time, months of the year, measurement, etc.). It could also be associated with Satan, an evil force in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I agree it is just a superstitious number that can be used to explain bad luck or ideas of an occult. But why the number thirteen? Why not three, five of sixty six? It could just be a coincidence that thirteen is the next number after twelve, for which there a numerous references (time, months of the year, measurement, etc.). It could also be associated with Satan, an evil force in the universe.
    Only if you want it to be... as previously mentioned, other cultures place significance on different numbers. It's what you want to make of it that counts. If you want it to be evil... then in your mind it is. That simple.

The biggest reason as to why the number 13 is attributed with "bad luck" is that Phillip the Fair coerced the Pope to denounce the Knights Templar as heretics, had them rounded up and executed. I forget the specific year, but it occurred on a Friday, the 13th of September.

That is why Friday the 13th has been associated with "bad luck."

For the record, I do not believe in luck, good or bad.

Other cultures and other religions have other numbers as their "unlucky" numbers, so yes... thirteen is not an obvious choice. It just happens to be so in our culture.

It's probably just a coincidence that 13 was picked. Someone put some significance to it based on some freak occurencies and people started to look for "evidence" that is had some meaning. They found it, because you can make up evidence about any number being unlucky if you just set your mind to it.

It's human nature. People want structures and order. They seek it everywhere. If they can cling onto a certain number holding a certain meaning, they will find such a meaning.

But in the end, a number just holds the meaning you allow it to hold.

Judging from your posts on this forum, you have an interest in Satan, connected with a fear, based on what your religion tells you to fear. Consequently, you want to find some structure and logic in your relationship with this figure. People tell you that a number provides this structure. Is it true or not? Only you can decide.

I can provide you with hidden meanings in any number, just choose one... it doesn't have to be 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    The biggest reason as to why the number 13 is attributed with "bad luck" is that Phillip the Fair coerced the Pope to denounce the Knights Templar as heretics, had them rounded up and executed. I forget the specific year, but it occurred on a Friday, the 13th of September.
    The year is in my post 12 above.

(note... post 12... not 13...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Other cultures and other religions have other numbers as their "unlucky" numbers, so yes... thirteen is not an obvious choice. It just happens to be so in our culture.

It's probably just a coincidence that 13 was picked. Someone put some significance to it based on some freak occurencies and people started to look for "evidence" that is had some meaning. They found it, because you can make up evidence about any number being unlucky if you just set your mind to it.

It's human nature. People want structures and order. They seek it everywhere. If they can cling onto a certain number holding a certain meaning, they will find such a meaning.

But in the end, a number just holds the meaning you allow it to hold.

Judging from your posts on this forum, you have an interest in Satan, connected with a fear, based on what your religion tells you to fear. Consequently, you want to find some structure and logic in your relationship with this figure. People tell you that a number provides this structure. Is it true or not? Only you can decide.

I can provide you with hidden meanings in any number, just choose one... it doesn't have to be 13.
    I admit to having an interest in Satan. Mostly, it comes from a series of dreams about God, angels, Satan, and the universe. I posted some of those dreams, but found discussions unproductive. Others can't relate and there are a lot of crazies out there who also have dreams. The discussions degraded to the point where some members suggested I seek psychiatric help. In short, based on my dreams, I believe the universe was created as a prison for Satan, and humans are collateral damage. Satan lives as long as the universe exists. By comparison, humans lifespan is incredible short.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

I admit to having an interest in Satan. Mostly, it comes from a series of dreams about God, angels, Satan, and the universe. I posted some of those dreams, but found discussions unproductive. Others can't relate and there are a lot of crazies out there who also have dreams. The discussions degraded to the point where some members suggested I seek psychiatric help. In short, based on my dreams, I believe the universe was created as a prison for Satan, and humans are collateral damage. Satan lives as long as the universe exists. By comparison, humans lifespan is incredible short.
    You believe wrong. Satan (formally Lucifer) rules as the god of this world until Christ returns and dethrones him. He will be bound up until after Christ's Thousand Year Reign ON THIS EARTH, at which point all flawed and rebellious beings (including Satan) will be cast in the Lake of Fire and executed. "The wicked shall be ashes under your feet."

You should spend more time in the Word rather than believing in dreams that conflict with basic Scripture. When they conflict, you should know where the error resides.

BTW, HUMANS were created for the purpose of becoming LITERAL sons and daughters of God -- part of the God Family. That was never offered to the angels, which is why Satan is so full of rage against Man. He wanted to be worshiped as a god. He tried to dethrone God. He lost. God is in total control. There is no struggle between God and Satan now. Satan rules o0ver the earth UNTIL God says he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    You believe wrong. Satan (formally Lucifer) rules as the god of this world until Christ returns and dethrones him. He will be bound up until after Christ's Thousand Year Reign ON THIS EARTH, at which point all flawed and rebellious beings (including Satan) will be cast in the Lake of Fire and executed. "The wicked shall be ashes under your feet."

You should spend more time in the Word rather than believing in dreams that conflict with basic Scripture. When they conflict, you should know where the error resides.

BTW, HUMANS were created for the purpose of becoming LITERAL sons and daughters of God -- part of the God Family. That was never offered to the angels, which is why Satan is so full of rage against Man. He wanted to be worshiped as a god. He tried to dethrone God. He lost. God is in total control. There is no struggle between God and Satan now. Satan rules o0ver the earth UNTIL God says he doesn't
    I respect your dedication to scripture. Most of what I know from my dreams fits with the Bible, either directly or indirectly. Based on what I know about Satan I'll amend your comments. To stay on the thread topic, I'll keep it relevant to Satan and 13. Humans are not sons and daughters of God or Satan, they are like other species, except they have ability to manipulate symbols by thinking, speaking, writing, calculating, etc. Humans are also arrogant, they think in terms of being equal to God or angels, having their own worlds, or at least a piece of heaven. Satan has real power beyond our understanding. At one time Satan was equal to the other angels. Then, after attacking them, Satan lost power, but, compared to humans, Satan is extraordinarily intelligent. Satan is also very deceitful and destructive. Satan will lure you into a trap and them bounce on you to cause as much harm as possible. Satan derives pleasure from destroying God's creatures. In particular, Satan has chosen to attack and destroy Jews, God's chosen people. Attacks on Jews are well document throughout history as Satan has used others to do his bidding.

At times, Satan has communicated with humans. As soon as humans began to think about the supernatural, Satan communicate with them, he (it) persuaded many that he was god, and all should worship him. He gave humans knowledge about him and his adversary relationships with God and other angels. When humans were advanced enough to understand, Satan gave them more knowledge, such as the number 13. Even though an unlucky and evil number, it became sacred because it identified Satan as one of thirteen angels in heaven.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-17-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

Amen. Everything has to have a basis. The Bible should be the focal point. I agree with you, actually Satan can give you dreams and can act as an angel of light to deceive you. Speaking of deception, a lot of people maybe 90% of the population is being deceived by Satan for as long as He can until the great day where He will be destroyed by God himself.

2 Corinthians 11:14
    New International Version (NIV)
    14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Quote Originally Posted by frederick101 View Post
    Amen. Everything has to have a basis. The Bible should be the focal point. I agree with you, actually Satan can give you dreams and can act as an angel of light to deceive you. Speaking of deception, a lot of people maybe 90% of the population is being deceived by Satan for as long as He can until the great day where He will be destroyed by God himself.

2 Corinthians 11:14
    New International Version (NIV)
    14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
    I've heard that before, just in case some may think it. Satan hasn't taken over my dreams. It seems to be about ideology. If you are a religious purest, Satan is causing deviations; or if you take a literal approach to the Bible, it's the deviant work of Satan.

I hold no beliefs that favor Satan, either in his actions, or in the final outcome for the universe. What goes against me are my beliefs about humans. None of those believes however favor Satan, they just don't acknowledge any holiness or sanctity of humans. Again, I believe humans are just like other species with some obvious differences. History is evidenced of the fallen nature of humans. It may be the biggest lie of all, that if humans hold certain beliefs, with specific religious affiliations, they'll spend eternity with God.

In short, here is my religion: God is holy and we are not.

Humans are an arrogant species. Isn't it interesting, as soon as a religious leader gains notoriety, he or she begins the pretense game of being holy than thou. Then, followers step in and proclaim extraordinary virtues for their leader. Books are written, false testimonies become folklore, and, soon, the leader reaches sainthood status. Satan likes it when humans become saints. This allows him a chance to become part of the human deification process, reveling in opportunities to turn men away from God, making them, and/or their religions, pagan worship stands.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-18-2014 at 10:43 PM.