+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Straight Skinny On MLM

http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/..._marketing.htm

South of Jewfish Creek,

Dear Friend & Subscriber,

What I am about to write, I should have written a long time ago.

You know, hardly a day goes by that I don't get one or more requests to help someone with some sort of multi-level or "network" marketing scheme. Anymore, I don't even return the telephone calls or answer the letters. In fact, my staff has instructions to automatically destroy all communications from people who want my help in these areas and to not even tell me about their inquiry.

In *one of my recent seminars, there was a couple of guys who didn't tell me they were involved in multi-level marketing until they got up on the "hot seat." Everything they were involved in was a total scam. Well, I let them and the audience talk for a while and then... I let them have it. I've never behaved that way or used that kind of language at a seminar before and, I hope I never do again.

After the hot seat, we threw them out of the seminar.

Now look, just in case there is any remaining doubt in anybody's mind about how I feel on this subject, please underline the following sentence in your mind:

MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING SUCKS!

It sucks big time. It's dorky, it's dangerous, it's sleazy and it's stupid. It is a magnet for slime. It is true that not every product sold by multi-level marketing is inferior. It is also true not every person involved in this nonsense is unethical. I must admit their are some (very few) good products and some (very few) good people involved in this insanity. However, even though it sometimes involves good products and good people...

Multi-Level Marketing Is
    Always Stupid!

The "rap" on one recent multi-level scam is that, some time ago, there was a product developed which enhances gas mileage by 30% or more. However, until recently, this product was not put on the market because it was too bulky and, therefore, difficult and expensive to ship. But now, lo and behold, modern technology has enabled scientists to "concentrate" this product down into something called a "green bean"... and... all you have to do is pop one of these little dudes into your gas tank and you can cut your fuel bills by a huge percentage.

What a joke. If all this were true, you certainly wouldn't have to peddle this little miracle by multi-level. Actually, you wouldn't even need to do any kind of conventional marketing. No way. If all this were true, all you'd need was...

A Press Conference!

What you'd do is, you'd stand in front of a group of reporters and say, "Look, I know you're all skeptical and I don't blame you. However, this little green bean really does work and we are going to pass several of them out to each of you. All I want you to do is plop one of them into your gas tank the next time you fill up and then, keep a careful record of your gas mileage. After you do this for a couple of weeks, the results will speak for themselves."

What would happen then, if this green bean really worked? It's simple; you'd have a nationwide sensation on your hands. Individuals and organizations would be beating down your door. You'd be all over the evening news in a flash. You'd be on *Jay Leno, Oprah and all the rest. But, alas, the "green bean" cannot be promoted like this because...
    Both Of Them Can
    Lower Your I.Q.!

Ever try to talk rationally to a guy who is in love? You're wasting your time. The object of his affection could be an ax murderess and he'd still see nothing but good in her.

So it is with MLM. Take a super smart guy like Howard Ruff, get him on the subject of MLM and there, right before your eyes, you'll see his eyes glaze over and his brain begin to melt. He will become unreachable and unteachable. Burn him once and he'll come back for more. Because, as they say, "It's not the concept that was bad, it was the people."

Wrong. Everything about MLM is bad. MLM is not inherently evil but it does (nearly always) attract inherently evil people. Even if you start out with good products, good intentions and good people, you will eventually, if you grow a little, attract a massive amount of human scum into your operation. And, even if this were not true, the whole idea is still stupid. When you shuck right down to the cob, MLM is simply a magnet for lazy people who are looking for a way to sell without selling.

The whole thing sucks.

Now, let me save some of you some time and energy. Many people are going to read what I've just written and they are going to want to explain to me where I've missed the boat. They'll say, "Yes, what you say is normally true, but this deal is different. We've got the greatest product in the world and it's totally backed up by unbiased scientific research. Not only that, some of the finest people in America are in our organization. We've got lawyers, judges, doctors, millionaires, clergymen, and so on. Yes Gary, what you say is usually right but us... we're different."

I don't care. What you're doing is still stupid and, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your "green beans," your Nu-Skin, your wonder vitamins, your gold certificates, etc. and...

Stuff 'Em Where
    The Sun Don't Shine!

I wonder, could there be anyone out there still confused about how I feel about MLM? Yes, I'm sure there are since, in my opinion, MLM is an I.Q. lowering drug that should probably be regulated by the FDA. Therefore, for those of you reading this who want to write or phone me about MLM, you'll be wasting your time. My staff has been told they can be fired just for giving me a message from someone who is writing or phoning about MLM. If you are involved in MLM, I don't want you at my seminars, I don't want to hear your voice on the phone, I don't want to read your letters, I don't want to meet you in person and basically...

I Don't Even Want
    To Know Of Your Existence!
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: The Straight Skinny On MLM

Interesting, coming from you, a proven LIAR and anti-MLM Zealot!

Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by LenCle.ments
    The Anti-MLM Zealot is a rare breed. Oh sure, there are a lot of people who may be "anti-MLM," likely due to one failed experience, or more likely due to them adopting the negative opinion of someone else as their own, without doing any of their own actual investigation. Then there are those who dismiss our industry as somehow shady due to nothing more than the common geometric misconception that our sales organizations form a pyramid shape (ironically, MLM downlines are the only form of business structure that does not form a pyramid). But the Anti-MLM Zealot is someone who is passionate about exposing their negative beliefs and opinions to others - even to the point of obsession. Someone who spends hundreds, if not thousands of hours of their lives searching for evidence to support their cause, creating prolific amounts of anti-MLM material, and contacting media outlets and state and federal regulators in a vain attempt to get someone to pay attention to them.
    Yep, a lying anti-MLM Zealot like jokefool44...:2gunsfiring_v1:

FYI...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

MLM appears to do one this for sure (to MLMers)

Lower Your I.Q.!
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    MLM appears to do one this for sure (to MLMers)
    HUH?! try Again! It seems to have worked for you

..."do one this for sure"

huh!? funny, being as you were trying to make a point about low IQ's...back at ya...bright one!

rofl:yelcutelaughA:
    Last edited by ohein56; 03-06-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

MLM appears to do this for sure (to MLMers)

Lower Your I.Q.!

LMFAO

ANTI Zelots...

BUT - IF - YOU - WORK - HARD

You can achieve success beyond your wildest dreams.

- More Money in a MONTH than most make in a year
    - More time and freedom to do as you wish.
    - Work for yourself rather than someone you hate.

LMFAO
    I Am Still Empowered, you can't take that away...

Quote Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post

And your chances of achieving this is better if you aren't in MLM.

And your chances of achieving this is better if you aren't in MLM.
    Well, what are they? You tell us...

How have you done OUTSIDE of the MLM/DS world?

Do you have any verifiable proof of that? How do we know that you aren't some punk kid working the corner selling drugs or, ...worse...?

You have yet to show anyone ANY demonstrable proof of YOU succeeding at ANYTHING, jokey...let alone MLM...

Lets hear it, I for one can't wait...I'm all ears...

(Crickets chirping...)
    Last edited by ohein56; 03-06-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Let's see according to the recent elections and occupy movements....about 1 percent....
    Yep....read it & weap!

Click Here!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2011/...ege-graduates/

What is the financial payoff to earning a college degree, and how does it differ by field of study? A new Pew Research Center analysis, using Census Bureau data, estimates that the typical adult with a bachelor’s degree (but no further education) will earn $1.42 million over a 40-year career, compared with $770,000 for a typical high school graduate. That $650,000 difference narrows somewhat, to $550,000, according to the analysis, after factoring in the expenses of going to college and the four years of potential earnings that college graduates give up while they are in school.

The analysis by Richard Fry, a senior researcher, uses data from the American Community Survey, which includes a field-of-study question for recipients of bachelor’s degrees. Based on those numbers, the real gains of a college education vary widely by broad field of undergraduate major: “The added earnings from most bachelor’s degrees seem to exceed the typical costs to acquire them, but bachelor’s degrees in some fields of study seem to be on the bubble.” The analysis updates and expands on a 2002 Census Bureau report, “The Big Payoff.” Fry’s education-payoff analysis is included as a chapter in a newly released Pew Research Center report — “Is College Worth It?” — that surveyed the public and college presidents on the value, quality and mission of higher education.
    On the other hand, the Average Amway IBO earns $202 a month.

Using your data....what would you do with an extra couple hundred a month...
    Roth IRA.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

the average mlmer spends less than 10 hours a month working the business....they have a full time job and a family and occasionally listen to a call, or tell someone they have a business...
    Do you have a link or can you scan the weekly propaganda email from upline with this information and post it here?

Thanks.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
    LMFAO
    ANTI Zelots...
    LMFAO
    What percentage of your 'downline' are net profitable? And are they working for themselves? Or are they passing money to their 'upline'?

Most are not net profitable becuase most work less than 10 hours a month and are not really operating a business or really attempting to build one....
    That statement is exactly why MLM is not a good business and why it can never be sustainable or result in significant residual income.

That statement is exactly why MLM is not a good business and why it can never be sustainable or result in significant residual income.
    Well, I'm glad that's finally settled once and for all. Now, you can stop beating your head against that wall...:judges: or not...:judges:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Well, I'm glad that's finally settled once and for all. Now, you can stop beating your head against that wall... or not...
    Which MLMs do you have residual income from?

Oh right, you already told us it is with the big one called "none".