+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adova Health

Adova Health

I recently was contacted by someone from Adova Health Care in response to an inquiry about health insurance. They SEEM to be a scam - would not send me ANYTHING in the mail or fax anything or even email me info. Just wanted me to apply on the phone and send in my $209 check! THEN they would send me whatever I needed . Needless to say, I didn't "bite". However, I don't believe they are for real and hope others don't get taken on this.

Re: Adova Health

I have to tell you that I am in the medical field and Adova Health is for real!!! They are not a scam-They want a $100.00 registration fee to cover all the materials that they send out-for this cost money and people usually throw away the materials if they are not interested. You can inquire on the net, if you know what sites to go into-Try the AMA Website (American Medical Association) and you will see which insurance companies are a scam. Next time-research before you down a business. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dalebrum
    I recently was contacted by someone from Adova Health Care in response to an inquiry about health insurance. They SEEM to be a scam - would not send me ANYTHING in the mail or fax anything or even email me info. Just wanted me to apply on the phone and send in my $209 check! THEN they would send me whatever I needed . Needless to say, I didn't "bite". However, I don't believe they are for real and hope others don't get taken on this.

Thanks for the info, I just was contacted too by Garland Beasley at 888-328-2552 ext 22. At first I said okay them I wanted to run a internet review search on product and they told me buy now or no deal. Does not sound good!
    If the product is good they could have sold me at a later time.

check out this site additional info

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff197526.htm :mad:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff178946.htm

Another site to consider

I got a call from Adova and a subsequent fax on their coverages. They never told me they were not an actual health insurance company. Upon reading the fax I discovered they are a "Nationwide Association." This explains why they have health insurance at such ridiculously low rates. I have inquired with the PA Insurance Commission as to the authenticity of their claims and also asked if there were any other complaints from consumers regarding Adova. I have not heard from PIC, but that was only yesterday.

In my opinion, I do not believe Adova is properly representing themselves or their product. I have read other posts from individuals and the concensus is very negative re ADOVA. I am not going to do business with them and would advise others to do the same.

I was contacted today, 3-12-07 by Garland Beasley from Adova in a high pressure attempt to purchase health insurance. Thanks to this site, a red flag was raised.
    My wife quickly did research while I was talking to him and when I asked him about this, he said all insurance companies have complaints. I asked him to give me 24 hours to research this company and he hung up on me.
    Further research on the BBB website showed that Adova had 33 complaints last year. Adova did not respond to any of the complaints and few were resolved.
    Thanks to SCAM.COM we steered clear of a financial problem.

I was contacted by these people and yes I paid the money. It was 100 non refundable reg. fee then $299.99 for the plan for my whole family. I was thinking this was a great deal. I got the cards in the mail and all the information. My policy is not in effect until 4/15. I was told this was insurance for the whole family and that it covered medical, dental, vision, and scripts. So I took it. Well when I got the cards and the information packet, it turns out the only insurance they have is on the medical and scripts, they give you a discount card for vision and dental and they only pay $50 towards it, that is your discount. I was under the impression that I was going to have insurance for those not discounts. Then in the packet it tells you to call member services to find out which doctors you can visit that take this plan. The only doctor that does in my area is over an hour away. And no one takes the dental or the vision.

I have since cancled my plan, they say that the plan is refundable well we will just see about that. I wish that for anyone else intreseted or contacted by these people first check with them who are the providers in your area before you pay them a dime, this way you wont be out the other $100 that is non refundable like I am. I now have to start my search all over to find coverage for my family and it just makes me sick since now it is going to be even longer before they can visit a doctor if they ever need to.

Unfortunately I did bite. I was contacted by them in mid March by phone. I sent them my $209.95 for the registration fee and the first month of insurance. I have not received anything from them and have not heard a word from them since. I feel like I have been scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by pennenbach
    I have to tell you that I am in the medical field and Adova Health is for real!!! They are not a scam-They want a $100.00 registration fee to cover all the materials that they send out-for this cost money and people usually throw away the materials if they are not interested. You can inquire on the net, if you know what sites to go into-Try the AMA Website (American Medical Association) and you will see which insurance companies are a scam. Next time-research before you down a business. :)
    Yes, they are "real", but as a service provider, they are absolutely terrible, not worth the monthly fee. I joined in April of 2006. Out of the 6 submittals I sent them I got a monetary response only 2 times. My name was mispelled on the checks, the one check stub made no reference as to what it was for. They still have not paid me for 4 medical visits. That have not returned my calls when they have told me they would contact me. They have not sent me information they said they would. And they always have a reason as to why I'm getting the performance (or lack thereof), just as a 6-year old would do.

They did not misrepresent themselves to me in the beginning. I was told they are not an insurance company and it was not an insurance.

So real? Yes. Worthwhile? Definitely NOT!

11. 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Reason
    posted it 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dalebrum
    Both Adova Health and Design Savers Plan are SCAMS along with the Family Security Council. I have talked to So called Customer Service Reps from all three companies over the last eight months I have also mailed and faxed two receipts for doctors visits to Adova and Design Savers several times. Adova has now been purchased by Cosumer Alliance USA. I have talked to a Rep twice in the last two months both times he said his name was "Damon" and his voice sounded identical both times. However he claims he is not the "Damon" I talked to the first time and wanted me to go through the same procedure the other "Damon" requested. I refused because I have already contacted the Michigan Attorney General and filed a complaint.
    I did hear from the Family Security Council in April saying they would reimburse me for Design Savers Plan. I am still waiting and today I sent them an email inquiring just how many days after the Second Coming Of Christ should I expect the reimbursement. I figured I would give "Satan" a heads up as to when to expect the Freeze over in Hell.

My wife has too many existing conditions to get affordable Health Insurance but I cannot afford to throw money away on Health Discount plans because they ALL appear to be SCAMS. I would stay clear of any and all Discount Medical Plans.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-10-2007 at 04:44 AM.