+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canola Oil, Deadly to the body

I will look for the website later. Here are some facts you all should know. I am here to help everyone to know how bad this "oil" is for consumption. Make sure, that when you are shopping, to please read your labels. The food companies put this POISON in so many processed foods. If it has it, think twice about eating this! Here are a few facts I will put down for you. ================================================== = 1.) Deadly to the body, and deadly for animals also. ================================================== =2.) Canola Oil, it is an industrial oil and not fit for Human or Animal consumption. ================================================== = 3.) Canola Oil, is GMO, the seeds have been tampered with by scientist, therefore, it is fulll of chemicals and poisons. It is rendered as, "frankenstein food, once it has been tampered with. The seeds can be used only one time. ================================================== = 4.) It is so toxic, that INSECTS will not eat it! ================================================== = 5.) Canada, yes, Canada PAID the FDA, the sum of $50 MILLION DOLLARS, to have this OIL, registerd and recognized as " SAFE" ( SOURCE) Young Again. And other. ================================================== = 6.) Canola Oil, was never meant for HUMAN CONSUMPTION. Canola Oil, is TOXIC and POISONOUS when processed, becomes rancid very quickly. ================================================== = 7.) Canola Oil, has be heated at high temperatures to get rid of the odor. ================================================== = 8.) Canola Oil, has been shown to cause 'lung cancer'. Wall Street Journal 6/7/96 . ================================================== = 9.) Canola Oil, is very inexpensive to grown and insects won't eat it. ================================================== = 10.) Canola Oil, has many side effects, they say it can take ten years to see them, but who knows it could cause harm immediately, a few weeks, and few months or years. ================================================== = 11.) Canola Oil, Causes loss of vision, disrutpion of the central nervous system, respiratory illnesses, anemia, constipation. Increased incidence of Heart Disease, cancer, low birth weight in infants and irriability. ================================================== = 12.) Canola Oil, depresses the immune system, dissolves the myelin shealth in the brain. No one knows how soon that can happen, it DISSOLVES the myelin shealth. This is destruction of the protective coating surrounding nerves called myelin shealth. WHen this protective shealth is gone, the nerves short circuit causing erractic uncontrollable movements. ================================================== = 13.) Canola Oil, it has a tendency to inhibit proper metabolism of foods and stops normal enzyme funtion. ================================================== = 14.) Canola Oil, is a trans fatty acid, it is a direct link to cancer. It is hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. ================================================== = 15.) Just do a search on CANOLA OIL. You can put down "canola oil, side effects. ================================================== = Oh, dont eat cottonseed oil, it is not for human consumption.

Re: Canola Oil, Deadly to the body

its true, ive heard all that stuff. ive also heard stories online about people that worked in factorys with canola oil and it made some of the workers hair and teeth fall out and cause strange bumps and skin reactions. i also heard when tested on mice it gave them some sort of cancer and made cows hair all fall out. nasty stuff. i found its in a majority of frozen french fries you buy at stores. keep an eye out for it cuz its definatly poisnous. look it up, i wont eat it. good post.

A google search of 'canola oil' yielded these results:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/canola.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blcanola.htm

Added:

http://www.cottonseed.com/publications/facts.asp

Let the reader be the judge. If you choose not to consume either of these cooking oils you will be better off because you're reducing your fat intake... not because they're toxic.

Best oil to cook with is coconut oil and it's really good. Also peanut oil is good to cook with. Olive oil is a good oil but not to cook with. Once you heat it it's composition is changed and it becomes rancid. It should be used only for cold or room temperature things like salad dressings & such.

Most people also keep all of their oils in the cupboard. That's where they also become rancid. Coconut oil doesn't need refrigeration. But olive oil does. Any type of vegetable oils are horrible - corn, vegetable, soybean, etc. They have the trans fats in them and are horribly dangerous for the body!

Thank you for putting out the extra information. I read many years ago, must of been like 20 years ago that all oils, when you cook with them are bad for anyone. Thank goodness I dont use any type of oils, I dont eat oils. I can say, I eat flax meal so I am getting my oil that way and I eat some nuts also. If you think about it, they didnt eat oils way way back in history did they. They were much healthier also.

Just stay away from oils that contain hydrogenated fats and use in small amounts, anything that contains mono or poly unsaturated fats and stay away from anything that lists Trans Fats.

Canola oil isn't dangerous; just like any food that you eat; you use it in moderation; do not "drench" your food with it and limit the amount you eat any food that does contain bad fats in favor of more healthy dishes.

You have a higher chance of dying from a car accident than you do from canola oil.

Trans fats are a slow suicide not an immediate death. People give me the excuse "I've been eating 'these' for years and it hasn't killed me yet..." my response to them is simple. While it's true they're not dead, they're taking several various meds for High BP, they have migranes, they have memory problems, unexplained aches & pains, etc. It's not the death you have the immediate worry for, it's the health issues that the trans fats create.

And even though you may see Trans fat 0
    on the label, you have to read the ingredients to see if it really contains any or not. If the ingredients state hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated oil, it has trans fats in it, it's just .5 grams or less so the FDA doesn't require they put it on the label. Slightly deceptive!!!! If you're eating 4 things that have only .5 grams of trans fat, you've now eaten 2 grams!

you can't generalize like that however, heavensent. on a label its per serving (whatever the serving size is)

Say an item has a serving size of 2 cups . And the entire "package" contains 12 servings. IF the nutrition lable says it has 0 grams of trans fat (per serving) but lists hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil ; that ingredients list is for hte ENTIRE contents of what is offered in that package. So if there is .5 grams of trans fat for the entire package, you have to divide that by how many servings are in the package (ie 12 / .5 ) to get the amount of trans fats you are actually getting.

Here, im sitting eating oreos (the king of sinful bad healthj goodness).
    it has.. (oy, be ready to cringe)
    2 grams of Saturated Fat
    0 g Trans Fat
    1 g of Polyunsaturated fat
    3 g of mono unsaturated fat

and in the ingredients: Canola Oil an a ton of varying processed sugars.
    SErving size is 3 cookies (oops I just at 5) and about 15 servings for this package (so I just had about 2 servings).

But it goes OH so well with 1% milk...Hey, I have to give up some fats in favor of this sinful delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    you can't generalize like that however, heavensent. on a label its per serving (whatever the serving size is)

Say an item has a serving size of 2 cups . And the entire "package" contains 12 servings. IF the nutrition lable says it has 0 grams of trans fat (per serving) but lists hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil ; that ingredients list is for hte ENTIRE contents of what is offered in that package. So if there is .5 grams of trans fat for the entire package, you have to divide that by how many servings are in the package (ie 12 / .5 ) to get the amount of trans fats you are actually getting.

Here, im sitting eating oreos (the king of sinful bad healthj goodness).
    it has.. (oy, be ready to cringe)
    2 grams of Saturated Fat
    0 g Trans Fat
    1 g of Polyunsaturated fat
    3 g of mono unsaturated fat

and in the ingredients: Canola Oil an a ton of varying processed sugars.
    SErving size is 3 cookies (oops I just at 5) and about 15 servings for this package (so I just had about 2 servings).

But it goes OH so well with 1% milk...Hey, I have to give up some fats in favor of this sinful delight.
    I don't think I explained myself well because I think you may have misunderstood my post. Everything is in serving size. And, if the trans fat amount PER SERVING is .5 grams or less the makers aren't required by the FDA to put it on there, they can legally put 0 grams. So there could be as much as .5 grams of trans fat PER SERVING in what you're eating, but you'd never know it because they're not legally bound to tell you. It's a very deceptive practice.

the ingredients list isn't in "serving" size btw. so no, its not giong to be .5 grams of trans fat in each serving, but the entire package.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/flg-4.html

You can read all the labeling questions here:
    http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...cfr101_04.html

the ingredients list isn't in "serving" size btw. so no, its not giong to be .5 grams of trans fat in each serving, but the entire package.

The regulations in your second link almost back up heavensent's assertion. If a serving has 0.4 grams of fat, the nutrition info will show zero grams of fat. So if you eat four servings, you could get as much as 1.6 grams despite the label that says there are zero grams per serving.

You are COMPLETELY missing my point! It seems strange that you're missing the point but we're still agreeing somehow. I'm not saying that in the ingredients list it states how much trans fat is in it. I'm saying that per serving according to the label if it has under .5 grams it doesn't have to say how much is in it so therefore it could have .4 grams, .3 grams, .2 grams or whatever per serving. You will never know because they're not legally bound to tell you on the label based on it being below a certain amount.

sorry, but you weren't very clear on your explanation. You should state on the "per serving" lable, not from the ingredients list.

Canola oil is a toxic oil, it is not made for human consumption or for animals, DO not listen to Wizwoop he is mentally deranged from a to z. He is a liar, and an idiot. He tells you canola oil is edible, well WE ALL CAN SEE WHAT IT HAS DONE TO HIS BRAIN. = IDIOT. HE IS THE IDIOT OF THE SCAM FORUM. DO NOT EAT CANOLA OIL. IT IS TOXIC POISON. HE WIZ WOOOOROT IS MENTALLY INSANE!!!! MOST PEOPLE ON THE FORUM KNOW THAT IS THE TRUTH! GOOD BYE SCAM.COM

You people need to read this, since the FDA allows this toxic oil into your foods. Read your labels from soups, to cookies to ice cream to what ever processed foods are in the grocery stores. The gov does not care about you, the fda does not care about you. They know how damaging the results are. Strange they do not want people to get heart and health problems but load this POISON into your foods. Well they have to feed the doctors and the hospitals the vicous cycle keeps going around and around. If you people want to preserve your health please do not eat this stuff. Who is going to care about you when I am outta here, mmmm

Well this is just depressing... I've been using olive oil because I THOUGHT it was the best oil to use... Then last week I was listening to a so called expert who said Canola oil is actually much healthier for you than olive oil..

So.. I went out and bought two huge bottles of Canola oil... I think I will just go to the co-op and get avocado oil.... is that bad too?