+ Reply to Thread

Homeworx Partners Inc.

has anyone dealt with Homeworx or Homeworx Partners? Have there been any issues or scams in dealing with Homeworx. They state you can only finance through MidCountry Bank. Is that allowable?
    Last edited by beentaken; 01-22-2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: know name

Re: Homeworx or Homeworx Partners

Quote Originally Posted by beentaken
    has anyone dealt with Homeworx or Homeworx Partners? Have there been any issues or scams in dealing with Homeworx. They state you can only finance through MidCountry Bank. Is that allowable?
    Actually its to build your own home. I am wondering if anyone has done general contracting to get sweat equity and if it worked?

If you look a couple posts down you'll see a couple people talking about them.

Homeworx/MidCountry Scam

Dear Bucket16,

Mid Country Called me today to notify me, that they are beginning forclosure proceedings on me. 2 years into my loan, and Homeworx of Tampa bay area, Fl still had not even finished their end, I am now 2.5 years into home, and nearly finished, have only missed 2 payments, Feb & March 08' and they are beginning forclosure. I have over 70k of my own money into this home, and still not finished. I approximate another 40k to finish. Homeworx promised me a weathertight shell & interior framing, yet, i ended up paying for slab, roof, soffit fascia, stucco, paint, etc. I have creditors breathing down my back for a home I have been working on for over 2 years, and will probably never get to live in. I have spent every evening & weekend for the past 6 mos, painting, trimming, hanging doors, cabinets, sanding, putting in flooring, etc, only to lose it all, with 70k in cr card debt, and my bank accounts drained. When I started this I had over 50k in bank, 750 cr score. They made me put 35k in reserves, "In case I went over budjet" 11k in closing costs. Mid Country has dragged their feet over every single draw release, some over a month. I only used 7k of my reserves, yet they are mysteriously "GONE" I have worked so hard on this, I am at my wits end, and about to lose my life's savings, end up in dept, and have nothing to show for it!:zx11pissed:

Hello All,

I am in the process of gathering data for a federal class action lawsuit against Homeworx and MidCountry Bank. I have an attorney that is interested in the case and is already familiar with a lot of what has occured.

If you would like to be included please send me a private message with your email address. I will need to get a brief description of your story in the next week or so. I will check my private messages over the next few days and will contact you.

Bucket16, enviro...I already have your info.

Thank you.
    "Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

I built my house with Homeworx, and I am still trying to get them to fix the framing problems. It took my 1 year and lots of problems. All of the contractors recommended form Homeworx where a pain in the butt!!! And Homeworxs did little to help. I love my house and am very proud of the work my wife and myself did, but I feel I could have done a better job and cheaper without Homeworx. Feel free to e-mail me for more info.

Dan

Hey JREED,

Did anything ever come of a possible class action lawsuit??... My husband and I lost our home, credit, and dreams with that crooked company and bank!!

8. 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM