+ Reply to Thread

NT question about gift cards

I am working my way through a 42" plasma tv deal from NT and had a question about some of the level 1 and 2 offers. A bunch of the offers say something along the lines of "$1 processing fee, and get a $25 Walmart gift card." Sounds like a good deal to me! Here is an example of the fine print for the gift card offers:

"How to Claim Your $25 Wal-MartŪ Gift Card!

As a special welcome to our program, you can claim a $25 Wal-MartŪ Gift Card. Just log into www.dealpass.com with your Membership ID, which you will receive upon completion of your order and follow the instructions provided. To be eligible to receive the $25 Wal-MartŪ Gift Card you must be a member of the program at the time we receive your completed survey form. Please allow 4-6 weeks to be delivered."

If I sign up for the offer (Simply You in this example), and then immediately go to dealpass.com and enter my info, will I get the $25 card if I cancel the Simply You offer the following day? Or does the "completed survey" thing mean the entire 18 offer plan to get the plasma tv?

Sorry for my ignorance, Im just trying to figure out all the details. Thanks!

Re: NT question about gift cards

I did these for my tv as well. I choose them mostly because they were cheap and easy. I never received any gift card, but I never really expected to. On the up side they credit fast.

You have to be a member of their service when they process your gift card request. That means probably having to pay for at least two months of membership, because I'm sure they take their sweet time about it. Hell, it took three weeks just to get the little thing in the mail that you need to fill out and send in to claim one of those cards.

It's woth filling them out, just in case. I've done several of those, and did end up getting one gift card. I'm not expecting the others to show up, but it didn't take much time to fill out the forms and send them in, so it's worth a shot. As was previously stated, these offers are cheap and quick to credit, so they're worth it even if you don't get the gift card.

Yeah, I'd still do the offers. In fact, I did 3 of them recently.

You'll probably be able to cancel them all with one phone call too, as they are all basically the same company. Just as the person on the other end of the phone line if they are affiliated with the other things you signed up for.