+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I got a large check snal mail

Unbelievably, I just got five Money orders in the mail drawn on Wells Fargo, these people are good at what they do, the Money orders look very real, I called wells Fargo and the router number is correct, the account number is the correct number, but the money order numbers were not registered with Wells Fargo Bank. Defrauded AGAIN. Latter that day I got an email telling me to deposit the money orders and to let them know when they cleared.
    I told him I never got them and sent them to the fraud department of Wells Fargo Bank.
    Who gets money in the mail of such a sizeable amount without explanation? This is really something they must think Americans are very Stupid.

i have received a check from beverly hills grants. a jim welch wants me to cash it and within 5 days send him 500.00 in some greendot card .this must be the same as the grant checks you all are talking about.no i'm no dummy. i checked out this site and realized that this is a fraud too. this will be turned over to the F.B.I. dodgedoll

2 more attempts were made on me

I have now gotten 2 more sets of bad money orders sent to me. I called the bank they were issued on and they could not verify the money order number altho all of the other information was correct. the account number was correct and the routing numbers were correct. I sent the money orders in to the diffrent banks and they were identical matches. These people who are sending out these checks and money orders are professional thieves.

Get this, after all this I got an email from this idiot saying he wanted me to send him 90% of the money orders and keep 10% for my trouble.

I sure would like to get my hands on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dmontg1062
    Unbelievably, I just got five Money orders in the mail drawn on Wells Fargo, these people are good at what they do, the Money orders look very real, I called wells Fargo and the router number is correct, the account number is the correct number, but the money order numbers were not registered with Wells Fargo Bank. Defrauded AGAIN. Latter that day I got an email telling me to deposit the money orders and to let them know when they cleared.
    I told him I never got them and sent them to the fraud department of Wells Fargo Bank.
    Who gets money in the mail of such a sizeable amount without explanation? This is really something they must think Americans are very Stupid.
    I got the same 5 money orders on the same bank and went thru the very same process. I sent them the money orders and today they sent them back to me saying they were fraud. I am sending them back to Wells Fargo today with a letter saying basicly I know they are a fraud, I told you they were a fraud. keep the money orders and catch the thieves who are defrauding Americans, these are Nigerian Fraud people, I am sure of it.

I got a very similar check from a gentleman named Ronnie Ellison, but I am unsure of what to do with it. Please let me know what you find out about your check. I am very interested to know if this is legit or not.

Allen
    Allen B. Roe Jr.

I received a check in the mail from Beverly Hills Grants.com. This person Ronnie Ellison was the supposed Grant Broker. The instructions were to cash the check then go to the website to deposit 10% of the total for his commission. Then I would receive another check for $ 4,975.00

I tried looking up his name, then going to the website they did not exist. That is how I accidentally came across this site. Thank god I did. I called up the bank in Wisconsin. M&I The number is (715) 623-2424 to see if the money was able to be drawn off of the account. That is when the lady told me it was a nationwide scam, and the FBI was involved.

NOTE~ ANYONE THINKING ABOUT CASHING A CHECK SHOULD NOT! THEY SHOULD CONTACT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, INSTEAD SO THIS CREEP CAN BE CAUGHT.

Like the rest of you, I could really use the money. I have a brand new house, with a huge mortgage payment, and a car payment. That would have been a simple solution.

bizpro Guest

There is no such thing that money fall from the sky for free. Do not fall for this scam.Even the lottery you also need to pay before you win. :D

Saturday, I received a check in the mail. It was for $4975.00. It said that I had gotten a grant. It said to cash or deposit check, then go back to website and pay 10% commission. After commission was paid they would send the other check out for the larger amount. The check was made out on a wells fargo account. I called wells fargo to see if the account existed and what not. The lady tells me, yes, we have that account. I asked will the check clear, she says yes. So I deposit the thing in my checking account. I go and get the greendot moneypak and load the money for the commission and go back to their website to pay. That was Monday and I haven't heard anything since. It says my broker is Ronnie Ellison. The website is www.jqbank.com Seeing all the posts I'm thinking I just got taken big time. My question though is if wells fargo verified the info for me, what could happen to me?

OMG! I jsut got a check too from Jim Welch- a grant broker for www.grantoutlet.com. My check was also $4975.00 and for me to return to him 10%. What a scam! Beware people!!! There is no such website and the check is no good. They wait the 5 days to get your "commission" then find out the check never clears. What a joke! Take caution!

http://www.elbowspace.com/ELBcontactus.htm
    Is where the company that the payment forms are hosted on. I would advise getting an attorney to contact this company requesting info about one of the forms posted on the grantchecks ( http://climax-host.com/members/grant_checks ) website. They probably will give a name and phone number for the person that truely owns grant checks. Then just submit the info to your local law enforcement agency for them to investigate.

Also, the address they posted (28955 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu,CA) is a residential address.
    Last edited by chris8; 07-13-2007 at 10:59 AM.