+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know about "Billway"?

Has anyone heard about Billway? It is suppose to be a medical coder work at home job. I talked to "Bob Evans" on the phone tonight and he was real nice. He told me I could work at home with "Billway" via email. They would email me on Monday and I would do the coding and email back on Sunday evenings. I could do as many claims as I wanted to. I would get paid on Wednesdays. He also has a 90 money back guaratee. Here is the catch: I have to buy the software for $189.00 by sending a money order to a Washington address. I am hoping this is legit but I am not sure I can afford the $189.00 to find out. Can anyone help me?

Re: Anyone know about "Billway"?

This "opportunity" has red flags red flags all over.

1)Pay upfront red flag. Most if not all legitimate opportunities do not take money upfront. Legitimate companies dedudct money from the earnings.

2)Money Order red flag. Majority of scams use money orderer/wire tranfers.

3)Job by email? Normal bill coading companies have websites.

Thank you for confirming what my "gut" has been telling me. :)

What does the software do? seems to be a scam

I am not sure what the software is suppose to do? I actually talked with "Bob" and I got a whole lot of bull without a whole lot of answers. He told me that AFTER I sent in my money order then I would get a phone number for customer support.

i talked to the same bob that you did and i came right out and asked him if it was a scam. he had told me that the company has been around for about 15 years. i had this feeling that something was not right. then i started to dig into a bit. i found your question and looked a bit futher, and what i found was that billway is a small pisce of a big company and it is what bob had said it was. there are things like workway, actionway , docway and that is just 3 out of 17 diffent ways they offer. if you would like to look it up even more this is were i went: i looked up billway and number 6. Utility Software Solutions as a Service on Demand. i am very interested in doing this for work so i am going to keep digging and i will keep you posted on what i find and you can do the same for me.

i found a letter under devonway and it speaks of bob and the work he has so i think that this is an up and up job. so good luck with your choice

I too read about the medical recorder advertisement in the help wanted section of my local newspaper. I called and spoke to a Bob, who gave me the same pitch as well. When I ran a reverse check on the number from the paper there was not a listing available. And the cell phone that he called me from has a Los Angeles area code. Like you I am wary. I would like to make money and do not have any to throw away. I have asked the Better Business Bureau to run a check on the company. Please post any new info you come across and I will do the same. I

I was scammed by billway. I was one of the stupid ones that sent a money order so I could work at home. It would have been perfect for me. I have got alittle info on the man his real name is Manuel and livesin LA California. If anyone has any other info please forward it to me I am trying to get my money back. I do not have money to waste. Due to my husband disability and I am the only one that works. We needed a good income. Please if you have any info repley back THANKS!!!!

My wife also sent the money - we moved and she was in between jobs and has done Medical Billing. The "software" that was sent by "Bob" was a joke, several PDF documents and .EXE files that don't work. I sent back the CD and the Welcome letter Certified Mail requesting our money back. It was Delivered, April 03, 2007 and we are still holding our breath to see if we get it back.

I am also in the hunt for information on "Bob" -

Good Luck and thanks!

Well, good news!!!
    I sent the software back certified mail...confirmed it arrived at it's location, yesterday it arrived at our house marked "Return To Sender". The address we mailed the Money Order is no longer accepting mail? Nice.

I am going to try the 800 number today.....

Anyone with more info or a recent add for this please post.

i sent bob evans the money and havent gotten anything from him thats why I am here its been 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by beckalee
    I was scammed by billway. I was one of the stupid ones that sent a money order so I could work at home. It would have been perfect for me. I have got alittle info on the man his real name is Manuel and livesin LA California. If anyone has any other info please forward it to me I am trying to get my money back. I do not have money to waste. Due to my husband disability and I am the only one that works. We needed a good income. Please if you have any info repley back THANKS!!!!
    did you get you money back

:mad: has anyone gotten there money back from this guy

Thank you all for your thoughts and "digging". I actually got a call from "Bob" about one week after I started this link. He asked me if I was going to send him my money order because he hadn't heard from me. I told him I had changed my mind. He still tried to convince me that he really needed my "help". I told him what he REALLY needed was my money. I looked up the address on the BBB website and found a suite number in a building in Washington. I had thought about calling some of the other businesses in building to do some checking but did not. I figured that my "gut" feeling was right and why waste my time on "Bob".
    It really is a shame that nice people who are just trying to earn money from home are scammed so much. I told my husband that before anything else was thought about being tried, we were checking it out here first. Ask questions first, send money later.

I too spoke with bob today. He was very pushy and rude to my son when he answered the phone. My son was very polite and told him yes sir and everything. That really rubbed me the wrong way. He also wanted to know when I would send the money and I told him I would like to check out his company first and he quickly got off the phone. BBB seems to have some complaints on him also. Good luck with getting money back you guys, and good luck on getting the right job.