+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aflac a scam?

Re: Aflac a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by AFLAC AGENT View Post
    I sell for AFLAC and have for almost two years and I am astounded that so many people in this day and age think they are going to get something for nothing. I hate that attitude it is lazy and communist. If you want something for nothing don't work with AFLAC. Please don't waste our time. Go ask your mom and dad for some money but don't waste our time. If you are not a lazy bum and are not afraid to work your butt off to make something happen AFLAC is for you.
    Jesse Bulldog Brower :sun_smiley::sun_smiley:
    I was lied to by the Recruiters Of Aflac and did some checking how much they really get paid! It's a fair question, How much do you make a year working for Aflac? $400,000 Really!!! But courthouse records say her Real IRS income tax for 2008 was about $58,000 On the individual That was wanting me to get my Lic with the state and start training! If a Police Sergeant that makes $53,000 don't have to get shot at or run down then I'm all for that! But don't lie about how much you will make then slid you a piece of paper at the interview with the numbers $165,000 on your second year. That turned me off and I walked away! People are smarter than you think!

If you went to work for Aflac, you got screwed. Aflac hires people to hire people to hire more people, all to do the same sales job. The result is a building saturation of market penetration capability for Aflac with diminishing clients and resulting rewards for those who work for this company. Does this triangulation sound familiar? - Remember Bernie?

If AFLAC don't work out for you folks you could probaly go sell AMWAY. Either way you'll be duping people out of thier money and will eventually end up lonely and suicidal. At best I'll see you on Jerry Springer...Good luck.

That is a Scam. Aflac does not operate like that. As a matter of fact they pay you for training and hotel stay if you need.

I had an interview for becoming, basically, my own sales agent. I'd be an independent contractor renting out a desk space within their office facility. Now, I already know what kind of work insurance sales would entail, but what I found odd was that not only would they not pay for training to get my insurance license, but they would be charging me money to attend their own Aflac sales classes as well. Furthermore, if I understood my interviewer correctly, they wanted me to make the check out to them for the insurace licensing school, which I really found odd.

Anyway, I guess I just want to know, is this the way most Aflac sales offices run, or does this seem like a scam that's exploiting Aflac? It would seem to me that if Aflac needed more agents, that they would help them financially set up, not charge then with all these upfront costs.

Regards,

Will[/quote]

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/AFLA...137e1b727a410c

sorry to break the news people

Dear Ecasey;

YEIKES! NO.. NO.. NO.. This is not the Aflac way! Yes, you would be required to get your own license, but Aflac will help and support you to get started in your new career. :sun_smiley: YES! I do admit agents are like fleas on a dog and the work seems fruitless, but "I" have seen "some" new agents make a bundle.. 300k the second year.:king22:

So it is possible, will it be you? Only you can say, but be aware the average life span of an agent is 60 days and less than 2% last to the second year.:zx11pissed:
    Last edited by AmansMIND; 08-11-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Explaniation

You should pay the insurance class the money. Aflac does not charge for an office and does not charge for it's own internal training. Great Company. Shawn 713-202-8010

You should pay the insurance class the money. Aflac does not charge for an office and does not charge for it's own internal training. Great Company. Shawn 713-202-8010