+ Reply to Thread

The Girl On The Plane

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no GOD, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.

"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no GOD, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know shit?"

And then she went back to reading her book.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: The Girl On The Plane

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Praise Allah!
    Revelation 20: 11-15
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no GOD, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.

"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no GOD, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know shit?"

And then she went back to reading her book.
    There is no way the 'atheist' can come out looking good in this story.

1. Striking up a conversation with a little girl he does not know... a sure way to be labeled as a potential threat to the little girl.

2. He does not know the little girl yet makes an assumption on her possible religious belief before he has any information.

3. He is very insecure in his conviction as evidenced by his wanting to open the topic with a child.

Found this older version from 3 years ago.

wcrt.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4865;
    A Georgia Congressman was seated next to a little girl on the airplane leaving from Atlanta when he turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you
    strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed
    it slowly and said to the total stranger, 'What would you
    like to talk about?'

'Oh, I don't know,' said the southern congressman. 'How about global warming or universal health care', and he smiles smugly.

OK, ' she said. 'Those could be interesting topics. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'

The southern legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's
    intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'

To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming or universal health care when you don't know [explitive deleted]?
    Also, found this one from late 2009;
    nahealth.blogspot.com/;
    Al Gore was seated next to a little girl on an airplane when the he turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to Mr. Gore, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said Gore. "How about global warming or universal health care?" and he smiled smugly.

"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff -- grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

Mr. Gore, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thought about it and said, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming or universal health care when you don't know shit?"
    In fact there are over 168,000 returns for this joke on Google.
    Most of them, and the oldest ones, involve politicians.
    The Atheist version appears to be rather recent, like in the last few months.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 02-12-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when the christians are all dead....

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Yes, the joke was obviously written by a Christian to make Atheists look bad. There is only one reason any group or person strives to make another look bad...because they are weak in their own beliefs and instead of standing on their own tenous facts they attempt to beliitle others...

Joe, Genesis and Revelation are allegory, metaphor you to not take literally....
    Lighten up. It's a joke.

BTW you believe the Bible to be metaphors?

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Fables.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Cute little Christian story. It even has the word "Shit" in it. Oh you Jesus people can really be "hip" sometimes. How about a fried chicken story? I'm not defending the atheist. However the "hip" naughty Christian approach is well, boring.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 02-13-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer:
    One to change the bulb.
    And one to videotape the job.*

wait for it .........

* So fundamentalists won’t claim that GOD changed the bulb.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA™