+ Reply to Thread

Unique Marketing

I found this ad and cannot decide wether or not it is a scam. Please tell me what you think.

Subject: Data Entry Opportunity

If you have a stable internet connection (which I believe you do since you are reading this page online), posses some basic computer skills, could do some normal typing and have about 2-3 hours per day initially to give then I can show you how you can make substantial amount of income typing data for established internet companies. You can earn a steady cash flow and will get paid twice every month directly to your bank or delivered to your door working right from the comfort of your home. What you will be doing is filling out forms and typing ads on behalf of these companies on a daily basis.

There are no special skills or experience required to do this business. As long as you have access to the Internet and have basic typing skills, you could do this work.

Unlike other programs out there, I stand behind my product to provide personal one on one support to my members. As such I am only able to take limited members per month.

There is a one-time $35 investment. I will put my money where my mouth is and I can guarantee that you will earn between $200-$500 per week minimum if you apply my step-by-step instructions.

If this is something that you feel you would like to pursue, email me back for full details and I will be glad to help you get started.

Sincerely,

Theresa Black

President

I asked for more details and recieved this:

Subject: Data Entry Position

The company name is Unique Marketing. This program is designed and based off of direct market advertising. We work with several companies that pay you to do data entry work for them. You are paid every two weeks on the first and fifteenth of every month either check or direct deposit whichever you prefer. We do not deduct taxes from your pay this will be your responsibility to claim at income tax time. The $35 fee is for your beginner manual and complete instructions, you will not be required to pay anything else hereafter. The amount you work depends upon how much you will earn and is entirely up to you. The typing varies from company to company but in general include typing ads and filling out forms. You can send a check or money order to:

Data Typists

Attn: Theresa Black

246 Cimarron Blvd.

Okotoks, Alberta

T1S 2E5

Please include your name, address, phone number and email address. We will contact you as soon as your information and payment is received and your starter package will be sent out. You will be able to begin working as soon as you receive the start-up package.

We can always be reached you do not have to worry there will always be support available for you if you need help at anytime.

We look forward to working with you in the near future and having you as a part of the team.

Best Regards

Theresa Black

President

Can't decide! :confused:

Re: Unique Marketing

Any one or thing that asks for money upfront and don't offer anything in return ( products, books anything ) is a scam to me ;)

Hey Tianna..

If I were you I would not trust this particular "job", not only do they not have their own website but they don't provide a phone number they can be reached at.. which is quite odd since all businesses give out their business number.

hey.. i also came accross this job on cragslist.. just wondering if you ever decided to follow through with it.
    It sounds a bit sketchy thats why i googled her name and i came accross this.
    Thanks

Its the usual clickbank and adwords routine (affiliate marketing) you pay for the sponsored ads on google. You make money if you sell something. It can work as long as your advertising spend isn`t more than your making.

Save your money.

steve

Seems to be a scam

Yeah, I saw this on craigslist as well, I was planning to go through with it, but decided to check up on some information about "Unique Marketing" as well. And I found this.
    But wow, $400 a week is very easy money

Hey i emailed the girl back asking about if there was a website or anything and she sent me this http://www.uniquemarketingsite.com
    i'm still a little bit hesitant though

Its affiliate marketing. Save your money. Go to clickbank - sign up. Search for affiliate marketing on google, read,digest.

STAY AWAY from ALL "type at home" offers. It's just a twist on using Adwords to send visitors to your clickbank affiliate links. You could easily spend $100-$200 daily on clicks and not earn one sale from your affiliate link. If you can afford the risk.....
    Build Your Own Team...Make Extra Money
    http://www.incometeambuilder

DO NOT PAY THEM!!! I was going to too but I did more research and the address they gave you was in Alberta, the one they gave me was in Winnipeg.

Ultimately what you are doing is taking out ads to have other people spend the same $34 you did. Not really a scam but definetly a pyramid scheme. You can make money but very unlikely.

Same crap. Different name.
    Online Scam Reviews at IveTriedThat.com