Poll: DO YOU BELIEVE IN HELL

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hell

Re: Hell

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Hell is simply a state of mind. We pass through lots of heavens and hells in our lives.
    OK so hell or heaven are just EStates of MIND and what is MIND itself? just a temporary electrical grid within the BRAIN!? all goes dead and NOTHING when we die PHYSICALLY!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    OK so hell or heaven are just EStates of MIND and what is MIND itself? just a temporary electrical grid within the BRAIN!? all goes dead and NOTHING when we die PHYSICALLY!?
    Possibly correct but I could well be wrong. Energy survives but would it have consciousness? And then where will it go. Could go anywhere. Hell (and Heaven) are obviously states of mind. I would lay a big bet on that one

Possibly correct but I could well be wrong. Energy survives but would it have consciousness? And then where will it go. Could go anywhere. Hell (and Heaven) are obviously states of mind. I would lay a big bet on that one
    states of mind so what IS a mindstate!? religion talks about mental estates as real places! would the right estate of mind be necessary at death to go there!? and what makes it permanent vs say reincarnate and go at it/for it again!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

states of mind so what IS a mindstate!? religion talks about mental estates as real places! would the right estate of mind be necessary at death to go there!? and what makes it permanent vs say reincarnate and go at it/for it again!?
    States of mind are always a personal reality so is each personal state of mind a complete separate existence, world, universe, heaven, hell etc? God exists in some but not in others but this does not mean that what is known as god exists outside of these realities. We can only theorize about the above and reincarnation, what happens following perceived death etc but this distracts from the journey to points that could be established before we move to the next. No harm in a bit of conjecture form time to time. To my mind and in real (as perceived) world terms, we are born, we grow, we learn we pass on our knowledge and memories and genetics and then we die, croak, buy the farm, kick the bucket etc. Our job is done and our carbon based life form returns to the world of finite material to be recycled. Just like the salmon on its journeys form birth to death. Sad but the survival of the species is ensured and lots of bears are fed

States of mind are always a personal reality so is each personal state of mind a complete separate existence, world, universe, heaven, hell etc? God exists in some but not in others but this does not mean that what is known as god exists outside of these realities. We can only theorize about the above and reincarnation, what happens following perceived death etc but this distracts from the journey to points that could be established before we move to the next. No harm in a bit of conjecture form time to time. To my mind and in real (as perceived) world terms, we are born, we grow, we learn we pass on our knowledge and memories and genetics and then we die, croak, buy the farm, kick the bucket etc. Our job is done and our carbon based life form returns to the world of finite material to be recycled. Just like the salmon on its journeys form birth to death. Sad but the survival of the species is ensured and lots of bears are fed
    religion claims man is differnet from FISH and other creatures. man has a special place in creation. although we could speculate in the purely physical sense man can emulate any other creature in activity and purpose by choice either consciously or unconsciously!? and maybe if we consider fossil records man was born physically of strict elemental means!? so back to MIND and CONSCIOUSNESS we must go to find the DIFFERENCE AVAILABLE to man and the why and HOW of it all!?

religion claims man is different from FISH and other creatures. man has a special place in creation. although we could speculate in the purely physical sense man can emulate any other creature in activity and purpose by choice either consciously or unconsciously!? and maybe if we consider fossil records man was born physically of strict elemental means!? so back to MIND and CONSCIOUSNESS we must go to find the DIFFERENCE AVAILABLE to man and the why and HOW of it all!?
    Perhaps I am wrong and if so I will stand corrected but is man the only creature to look out at the stars. Is man the only creature to realize the enormity of the space out there. No animal that Ive heard of stands and stares out into space. I wont elaborate any further at this point. Whats the why and the how of that one.

you did say look OUT at the stars!? is is possible to look IN at the stars!? there is an episode of star trek called 'SHIP IN A BOTTLE" i think very interesting concept played out! a hologram character figures out how to coerce the crew to make him REAL!!

you did say look OUT at the stars!? is is possible to look IN at the stars!? there is an episode of star trek called 'SHIP IN A BOTTLE" i think very interesting concept played out! a hologram character figures out how to coerce the crew to make him REAL!!
    I did say out. I could have made the usual mistake and said up but up is relative to gravity. So, how about the point I made initally. Has to be worth a trot

A question regarding Star Trek. If Klingons speak klingon why do Earthlings not just speak earth? The relevance of this inquiry is that part of the human problem is in failure to communicate, to find common ground, to understand each other. So much is lost in translation. As for the language of god. God speaks in the language of the man imagining "it".

so now you made me think....NEVER LOOK DOWN!? i mean the astronauts looked down!? was it that bad!? and what are men doing up so late anyway!? you cant see stars in the daytime!! except for the sun which i dont think men thought was the same as a star anyway!? and how do we know man is the only creature to have anything to do with stars besides what the hell are those things!? WOW!!

so now you made me think....NEVER LOOK DOWN!? i mean the astronauts looked down!? was it that bad!? and what are men doing up so late anyway!? you cant see stars in the daytime!! except for the sun which i dont think men thought was the same as a star anyway!? and how do we know man is the only creature to have anything to do with stars besides what the hell are those things!? WOW!!
    The astronauts looked "back" as in "back from whence they came". Dark and night don't always equate to late. That would depend on factors like global position and seasons etc. Anyway, my point about looking out at the stars is nothing to do with direction. It is the case that only humans look out to the stars with wonder (or rather did look out before TV) and they considered the distance and wondered what was there, what were those lights. Mans wonder of what lies in the distance drives him on and on. We never rest. We inevitably made it past the earth gravitational pull and beyond. If we can ever get an understanding of what is space and time, we will be free of this rock we live on. And what might we find out there? God of sorts? By that time, we may have developed the understanding to comprehend the answers that are most likely staring us in the face. But that will never happen if we don’t start to use our head computer. It will never evolve. Am I starting to sound like the other lunatic

I did say out. I could have made the usual mistake and said up but up is relative to gravity. So, how about the point I made initally. Has to be worth a trot
    as in TROT of MIND or actual trip thru the woods/dell to celebrate some unexpected boon of reward for thinking outside the box!?

as in TROT of MIND or actual trip thru the woods/dell to celebrate some unexpected boon of reward for thinking outside the box!?
    You are hell (on topic haha) bent on this mind angle so lets develop it. I have seen several "oblique" and possibly even direct references to the influence of drugs on the mind and perception etc from you so lets dive. My own experience would indicate an agreement of sorts with you in that, back in the 90s when fun was to be had and ultimate euphoria was just a pill away, I experienced an "opening of the mind" following my ingestion of "stuff". No hallucinations, just clarity of thought and an increased ability to "work shit out". A lot of doors that always been locked were suddenly open (psychologically speaking). That was a long time ago and that life has long since ceased but the "doors" that opened, remained open. Lots of other people who took part in the same recreational activities did not get the same result so its certainly not a given but on a scale of hit and miss, I hit. The down side is that I can only now think logically but my ability to enjoy the fantasy novels I used to read, has gone. Interestingly, my sense of humor is as sharp as it ever was and I'm of the opinion that life is to be laughed at and not all doom and gloom as "he who should be excommunicated" believes. Ok, now its your turn (if you dare haha)

so when yu say HIT did you become a HIT(ter) thereafter as in say hit or miss!? the MIDAS effect realized!?

so when yu say HIT did you become a HIT(ter) thereafter as in say hit or miss!? the MIDAS effect realized!?
    I could follow the Midas reference but I put too much effort into my post and expected more in return so I'm not going down another unrelated corridor that was just opened. This tree has way too many branches that don't even get a chance to grow leaves before they're left (so to speak in a wordplay way).

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!