+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Is AIDS the Wrath of God against Homosexuals?

What are your thoughts as to why the AIDS virus seemed appear at just about the same time that the Gay community was making it's self known as a political force.

Some people say that it was unleashed by God. Others believe that it was a government conspiricy for population control. Yet another group feels there is a racial component involved.

ShiningGlory will you please not put a bunch of your long posts on this thread, so that we can have a good discussion. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dawud; 01-16-2007 at 05:59 AM.

ShiningGlory Guest

Re: Is AIDS the Wrath of God against Homosexuals?

All humanity, not just homo's are being afflicted with aids...my opinion is it is just one of the many plagues of the end times

Aids didn't just "show up" when gays gained recognition.

Aids, just like all other diseases, have been around forever.

It's all in what the media wants to cover in their "news" reports.

I believe that God had to do something because the gays were making a mockery of Gods rules. Other wise he woulld have had to appoligize to Sodom and gomorha!

ShiningGlory Guest

True, Good Point Dawud

How about is the roman catholic church run by child molesters for the sole purpose to protect other child molesters? Silly question but closer to the truth then your topic.

Gods wrath lol ....come on look at the numbers if it was God he sure F*** up on this one.

I make a mockery of your God rules every day......nothing happens to me or anyone I know...come to think of it the olny people I know with AIDS are straight white god loving people.

Conspiricy nuts/people are for the most part just people that need to feel that are not in control of there own lives and so higher power controls every thing that happens.

hmmm maybe noah was conspiring with the indian rain god to kill all the sun god belivers that ??? I HAVE PROOFFFFFFFFFFF i read it on one website arr no no it was in the bible i think "jebeber 10.6.66"

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    I believe that God had to do something because the gays were making a mockery of Gods rules. Other wise he woulld have had to appoligize to Sodom and gomorha!

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

9/11 would have happened regardless of abortion or gay rights.

The Tsunami would have happened regardless of whether the folks there were christian or not.

The Philipine mudslide would have happened regardless of their religious or sexual orientation.

The Katrina disaster would have happened regardless of the same.

If AIDS is G-d's wrath, then lesbians are obviously G-d's chosen, cos they have the lowest infection rate of anyone.

As Maimonides said, 'Study astronomy and physics if you desire to comprehend the relation between the world and G-d's management of it.'

That was about a thousand years ago. But I reckon it's still pretty good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    If AIDS is G-d's wrath, then lesbians are obviously G-d's chosen, cos they have the lowest infection rate of anyone.

Well maybe the next natural disaster's got their names all over it, eh? :p

The Scriptures show that sickness is not evidence of God’s punishment for a specific sin. On the contrary, the Bible states: “With evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13; John 9:1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    The Scriptures show that sickness is not evidence of God’s punishment for a specific sin. On the contrary, the Bible states: “With evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13; John 9:1-3)

Personally, I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't matter if there was biblical backing or not.

As the old saying goes - %*&$ Happens"

It has always happened and will continue to happen whether or not human beings adhere to strict moral "godly" guidelines...

It rains on the just and the unjust as well. I'd be really careful playing the 'it's G-d's will' game here.

Anyone who knows me knows I take the bible as midrashic (sacred myths and legends that do indeed mean a lot, and those stories are an art form, so much is packed into them on so many levels). I don't see it as literal--most of the time. Still, there are passages that strike me every now and again.

For the 'wrath of G-d' folks, here's one to consider:

"Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord!
    Why would you have the day of the Lord?
    It is darkness, and not light;
    As if a man fled from a lion,
    And a bear met him;
    Or went into the house and leaned with his hand against the wall,
    And a serpent bit him,
    Is not the day of the Lord darkness, and not light,
    And gloom with no brightness in it?

(Amos 5:18-20)

What are your thoughts as to why the AIDS virus seemed appear at just about the same time that the Gay community was making it's self known as a political force.

Some people say that it was unleashed by God. Others believe that it was a government conspiricy for population control. Yet another group feels there is a racial component involved.

ShiningGlory will you please not put a bunch of your long posts on this thread, so that we can have a good discussion. Thanks!

Hiya! :)

I personally don't believe that God makes any discrimination against anyone, irrespective of what religion he adheres to, what race he belongs to, or whether he is has a gay sexuality orientation. He loves all of mankind just as we as parents would love our own children, even if sometimes they may live their lives not to our code but their own. God also reserves us the benefit of the doubt, in the hope that all of us may come to love and know Him, and what he expects from us to live our lives, not accordingly to man's ways, but by Godly principles. Maybe its a lot to ask of us imperfect humams, and will take some practice?

The aids plague and all the other ails that afflict mankind and has done so since the beginning of time, is just part of being far from perfect. I don't want to judge anyone, nor decide for someone else that he should live a heterosexual lifestyle. What is not normal for the mainstream is perhaps quite normal and acceptable to the gay person.

However, according to the Scriptures - the way we should live is well stipulated in there for Christians to adhere to. Our imperfections were passed on by our first parents 'Adam and Eve'. Remember what the Scriptures tell us:

That the god of this world and 'system of things' is Satan. Who will have a short while left before his final destruction arrives.

Just as Shining Glory says - it is all part of the times we live in, and that is 'the final days of this system of things'.

World under satan's control as (a) god
    2 Corinthians 4:4;1John 5:19; Revelation 12:9

Allowed to remain until issue settled
    Exodus 9:16; John 12:31

To be abyssed, then destroyed
    Revelation 20:2,3,10

UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME I UNVEILING BIBLICAL TRUTHS - VOLUME II
    Last edited by Emerantia; 01-20-2007 at 05:59 AM.
    "Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
    Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman
    Aids didn't just "show up" when gays gained recognition.

Aids, just like all other diseases, have been around forever.

It's all in what the media wants to cover in their "news" reports.

Hiya
    :)

Here! Here! And as far as the media is concerned, everything we do makes news - good or bad. It is also a way of keeping abreast with what is happening in the world - and some items especially in the medical arena can maybe serve as a warning for the reader.

Aids has been with man forever yes! We just didn't have name for it decades ago, although I recal my grandmother telling in the late 50's (and too young to understand maybe lol) that in Africa there was something called 'slims disease.' But as you say when man came looking 'it' also came looking.

Neither is it something that particularly attacks the gay community, it simply creates havoc for everyone engaging in loose or indiscriminate sexual entertainment. Sadly, if one partner is faithful and the other picks it up through promiscuous activity (the husband or wife, or boyfriend or girlfriend of the said partners) becomes lumbered with it too. Then even sadder, if the female happens to be pregnant the child inherits it too. And that is something we should all consider when confronted with choices for right or wrong.

Sorry to be so longwinded again! Did try though! I go through days of silence never saying a thing BibleMan, so maybe this is just a kind of 'release' for me lol!

best wishes
    E.
    "Hunger ye not after the unattainable, lest the hidden beauty and mysterious wonders of the 'real' life's simplicities that lay already within your grasp, should also elude you in your fruitless endeavors!'
    Extract from Quotable Sentiments by Emerantia Parnall-Gilbert Copyright C2005 All Rights Reserved

Yes interesting point too! But that was then....this is now!

We all of us need to make 'wise choices' how we conduct ourselves as Christians before God...the time will come......to be accountable.

E.

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99

Hi T.

Absolutely!

E.