+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Global Warming is a MYTH

Recent satellite tropospherie temperature data from NASA indiccat that the Southern Hemisphere hasn't heated up at all in the past 25 years. We should be discussing Northern Hemisperic rather than "global warming." Research scientiest methologes have become increasingly sophiscated over the years. Keep in mind that there are disagreements, that all estimates are subject to considerable margins of error and that anyone who purports to KNOW for certain exactly HOW HOT OR COLD it was in 1066, yeap, 1066 is being disiengenuous, at best. Sloppy Science at it;s silly best. ================================================== = Dr. Demin's opinion, late 20th Century temps are NOT anormalous or usually warm. His opinon was borned out by June 2006, publication " National Acapemy of Sciences titled " SURFACE TEMPERATURE RECONSTRUCTIONS, for the last 2000 year in it, the NAS slammed Mann's ignoring of the major Hot and Cold periods. Additionally it said that Substantial uncertainties Surround the notion that the last half of the 20th Century was the WARMEST of the millenium and that while the uncertainty incease the farther back in time one goes NOT ALL Individual Proxy Record Indicate that the recent WARMTH is Unprecedented. Even less confidence can be placed in the original conclusions by Mann, at all ( 1999). The 1990's are likely the Warmest decade and 1998 the warmest year n at least a Millennium. ================================================== = Global avery temperatures did not increase between 1998 through 2005. Records from Climate Research Unit at University England Anglia in UK. ================================================== = When the public comes to understand that there is no CONSENUS among climate scientist about the relative importence of the various causes of "global climate change, the government will be a in afar better position to develop plan that reflect reality. After all, the authors say in conclusion IT was only 30 years ago that many of today's GLOBAL WARMING ALARMISTS WERE TELLIN GUS, that the WORLD WAS IN THE MIDST OF A GLOBAL COOLING CATASTROPHE. But Scientist continue to evolbe and still does even though so many choose to ignore it when it does not fit with PREDETERMIND POLITICAL AGENDS. ================================================== = In 1996, These EXPERTS concluded that " The Balance of Evidence Suggest a discernable human Influence or GLOBAL CLIMATE. And set the basis for Kyoto. However, Dr. Dick Morgan, a climalology researcher at England's Exeter University, notes that the GLOBE is Anything but Uniform along with the warming parts, he says. There are ssive areas that are COOLING, including North West Atlantic Oceans, North and South Pacific Ocean, the Amazon valley, North Coast of South America and Caribbean Oceans, the Eastern Mediterran, Black Sea, Caucasus and Red Sea, N.Z> and Ganges, Valley in India. Furthermore, Morgan questions the IPCC's Methoology. Had the IPCC used the standard parameter for climate change ( the 30 year average_ and used and equal area Projection instead of the Mercator ( which doubled) for Area of warming in Alaska Sibera and the Antarctic Ocean) Has IPCC done any of this? Warming and cooling would have been almost in Balance. And while we're on the subject of methodology. One further note, the ALARMIST DIRE SCENARIOS ARE BASED ON COMPUTER MODELS OF THE PLANETS FUTURE and MODEL ARE ALWAYS IFFY TO SAY THE LEAST. ================================================== = Computers DEPEND on What DATA is put in and How data is put in and how the dat is MANAGED. With regards to weather and Climate, they're often WAY WRONG. Remember, That ULTRA VIOLENT Hurricane Season Computers WARNED ABOUT THE SUMMER OF 2006 = DID NOT HAPPEN. But no doubt after the save storms of 2005, big hurricane seasons will continue to b e predicted . ANY ONE OF US CAN DO THAT! ================================================== = Are ALARMISTS RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING about Weather and Global warming? Yes, for example, Sea Levels are Rising but then they have been since the peak of the ICE AGE. The reate 7 inches per CENTURY. 7 inches = 18 cm. Per century that is all. Evidently, the Rise expected from MELTING glaciers and warm expanding ocean is Largely offset by Loss of water from increased ocean evaporation and more ice accumulation on the Antarctic Continent. ================================================== = It is also true that atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are increasing from about 280 parts per million in the 19th Century to some 387 ppm TODAY and that HUMANS are primarily responsible for the 38% JUMP in 100 years. Something the ALARMIST find well ALARMING ( like Al Gore). Its not professional Mr. Lindzen said, maintains writting that " carbon Dioxide" is an infrared absorber ( for example " a greenhouse gas albeit a minor one) and its increase should theoretically contribute to warming; indeed, if all esle were kept equal, the increased in Carbon dioxide should have led to somewhat MORE WARNING then has been Observed assuming that the small observed increase was in fact to to increasing carbon dioxide rather than a natural fluctuation in climate system. ================================================== = No mention that the relationship between CO2 levels and temperature is far from clear. There is an interplay between Release of the gas by humans and nature sources and Uptake by the Ocean, soils. Given to dynanism of the process it is a bit surprise that atmospheric carbon dioxide has Maintained as Stable as it has for the past Millennum. Before spiking up in HOCKEY STICK FASHION only recently. Will the UPWARD curve continue indefinetely as ALARMIST FEAR? NO ONE KNOWS. What is KNOW IS, that there have been more Significant Surface temperature Changes during the Past 1,000 years than we are Experiencing today and that CO2 Levels were not the factor. ================================================== = The mostimportant of these is the amount of Solar Radiation that is received on Earth's Planet. Everyone agrees that greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and much more important water vapor can serve to trap the Sun's heat and raise Surface Temperatures. But it's a feedback system depending Not only on Greenhouse gas levels, But on how much HEAT there's to trap and that varies for a number of reasons. For one, the SUN itself goes through periods of greater and lesser Radiation with the presence of absence of SUN SPOTS, being a good indicator. SUN SPOTS are CYCLICAC, So is the variation in the shape of the Earth's orbit. When its at its most Eliptical . Receives about 20% less radication that when its at its least eliptical, a state is now approaching. Also influence are teh regular changes in the tilt of Earth's axis and the effects of planetary wobbling on that axis.============================================= == GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH. The consensus TALE has been place in hands of some very potent, myth maker. Prominent Scientists, Polticans , Most members of the MEDIA. None of them can provide any evidence. FEAR SELLS it is on the news just about everyday. THE MEDIA has glommed ont the ALARMIST POINT OF VIEW = Because it is APOCALYPIC and GENERATES BETTER HEADLINES. Please read what I wrote about GLACIERS. THE media went nuts saying they have heard that a glacier is drifting it proves global warming... BUT when chunks of glacial isce breaking free off from Antartica they said the MEDIA said GLOBAL WARMING... that is NOTHING to be afraid of, because That is what glaciers do when they are GROWING. Breaking glacial wall is normally occuring phenomenon that is due to NORMAL ADVANCE of a glacier . THey all do that. THE LYING NEWS MEDIA trying to scare us all and shame on you Al Gore, he is such a Bore.

Re: Global Warming is a MYTH

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Recent satellite tropospherie temperature data from NASA indiccat that the Southern Hemisphere hasn't heated up at all in the past 25 years. We should be discussing Northern Hemisperic rather than "global warming."
    Everyone knows Hot air rises...

and what is your point?

That it should be warmer up north...since it is up....and hot air rises....

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by aegist
    That it should be warmer up north...since it is up....and hot air rises....

Think about it.
    Some of us got it. I once saw a view of earth from one of the apollo missions coming back from the moon. The particular photo was taken when the south pole was at the top of the window. The caption read "Australia. Down under no more." :D
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    Some of us got it. I once saw a view of earth from one of the apollo missions coming back from the moon. The particular photo was taken when the south pole was at the top of the window. The caption read "Australia. Down under no more." :D
    Oh noes! Bloody NASA! Now its going to start heating up XXdownXX UP here. Trust the united states to do stuff which benefits themselves without consideration for others.

Turning the bloody world up side down just so they don't have to deal with the hot air. Sure its innovative, but it is just plain rude.

edit: I realised that we are no longer 'down here' in light of this new intervention on behalf of NASA.

Oh noes! Bloody NASA! Now its going to start heating up XXdownXX UP here. Trust the united states to do stuff which benefits themselves without consideration for others.

Turning the bloody world up side down just so they don't have to deal with the hot air. Sure its innovative, but it is just plain rude.

edit: I realised that we are no longer 'down here' in light of this new intervention on behalf of NASA.
    Better stop. Think we're really confusing someone now. Maybe this should be on the conspiracy theory thread. "Ausies secretly nudging earth's axis."

Or how bout the religious thread. "God gave the northern hemispher thier chance. Now they'll hang upside down for eternity."

Myth or not, I like the idea that the earth is getting warmer. I hate it when it is cold. Never seen real snow in my life and do not intend to.

The World has been turned upside down several times. I don't know how many times it's happened though. But it's known that the North and South Poles have switched. It'll probably happen again. The US government won't have anything to do about it.

We wobble too. The North Star changes to a new one. And again the US government has nothing at all to do with it. Sameo, sameo global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by 6seven8
    Myth or not, I like the idea that the earth is getting warmer. I hate it when it is cold. Never seen real snow in my life and do not intend to.
    Snow is wonderful! It's amazingly beautiful, it's fun to dress for the cold. You know "bundle up". You don't have to be "cold" when it's cold. I love everything about the snow. I like watching it, I love shoveling it, and enjoy driving in it.

When I lived in Southern California we had endless summer. How dull. Now I live in Central Oregon. It's wonderful! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Logjam
    Snow is wonderful! It's amazingly beautiful, it's fun to dress for the cold. You know "bundle up". You don't have to be "cold" when it's cold. I love everything about the snow. I like watching it, I love shoveling it, and enjoy driving in it.

When I lived in Southern California we had endless summer. How dull. Now I live in Central Oregon. It's wonderful! :D
    I live in MN, and if you told people here you love shoveling snow, you'd be locked up!!!!!!!!! ;)
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

LOL. Snow Pwns joo.

I hate sweating, and when its 40, you can only get so naked, and even then you still sweat. At least cold allows you to continue to put on more and more stuff to keep you warm

LOL. Snow Pwns joo.

I hate sweating, and when its 40, you can only get so naked, and even then you still sweat. At least cold allows you to continue to put on more and more stuff to keep you warm

I completely agree! but in farenhieght(sp?)

One of my OLP(Outdoor Leadership Program) leaders once said..." there is no such thing as bad weather, only innapropriate clothing"...I've been toasty warm ever since... ;)

When I was going through basic training in the army we were doing PT, physical training, at five in the morning and it was real cold. After hearing some of us complain about how cold it was the drill seargent said, "Being cold is simply a question of mind over matter. I don't mind so it don't matter." :p