+ Reply to Thread

Condi Defends Her Madman Boss with Infuriating Psychobabble

Condi Defends Her Madman Boss with Infuriating Psychobabble

It's not an increase. It's not an escalation. It's an "augmentation." No, we're not talking about fixing a pair of saggy boobs here folks, it's how Secretary of State Condescending Rice described Bush's planned 20,000 "troop surge" into Baghdad. When challenged by a bi-partisan panel of Senators this week, Condi lied, side-stepped and offered up nothing but a bunch of Bushevik bull****. In one day this administration plays more word-parsing and semantics games than Bill Clinton ever did in eight years.

Consider this exchange between Rice and Nebraska's Sen. Chuck Hagel (R) before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:

HAGEL: My question was the escalation of American troops in Iraq.

RICE: But I think you asked who was supporting it. And I said the Kurdish parties, Prime Minister Maliki and his Shia allies, and the IIP support a plan to do this. And they know that the augmentation of American forces is part of that plan.

Now, as to the question of escalation, I think that I don’t see it, and the president doesn’t see it, as an escalation. What he sees…

HAGEL: Putting 22,000 new troops, more troops in, is not an escalation?

RICE: Well, I think, Senator, escalation is not just a matter of how many numbers you put in. Escalation is also a question of, are you changing the strategic goal of what you’re trying to do? Are you escalating…

HAGEL: Would you call it a decrease, and billions of dollars more that you need for it?

RICE: I would call it, Senator, an augmentation that allows the Iraqis to deal with this very serious problem that they have in Baghdad.

Hagel has called the Iraq quagmire "the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam."

Sorry Condi, but sending 20,000+ more troops into Iraq--about 15% of current totals--sure as hell constitutes an increase. And a pretty big one at that. But why should we expect truth and honesty from these liars now, after 3 1/2 years of their miserably failed war...a debacle that they're now desperately trying to salvage unfortunately at the expense of our young men and women.

Forget the fact that voters in November delivered a loud anti-war message to Bush. Forget that a new Washington Post-ABC News poll taken after Bush's January 10th speech showed that 61% of Americans now oppose such an increase. Forget the advice of the generals. And of even most Republicans now. Of any sane human being. No, this president is intent on carrying out his reckless, lethal plan for Iraq, no matter what anyone thinks or says.

Condi Rice is a walking, talking insult to every American. I'm not so sure she's merely a mouthpiece for Bush. I'm convinced she believes her own reprehensible rhetoric about peace, stability and Democracy in the region. She might even be more of a loon than her deranged boss, if that's at all possible.

Listening to Condi's incessant drivel makes me want to scream the line from that classic scene in 'Dog Day Afternoon" where Al Pacino's desperate bank-robbing character turns down a shady deal with cops by saying to the Detective, Charles Durning, "Kiss me. Kiss me. "Because I like to get kissed before I get fvcked."

http://ostroyreport.blogspot.com/200...boss-with.html

Re: Condi Defends Her Madman Boss with Infuriating Psychobabble

"Boxer Slimes Rice.''

FOX focuses on what’s important
    By: Nicole Belle on Sunday, January 14th, 2007 at 5:04 PM - PST

This is another one of those "hit forehead against keyboard repeatedly" moments. I'll let Steve Young at Huff Po set it up for me:

Here be Boxer's sin. With Rice appearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Boxer said, "Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young," to serve, Boxer told Rice. "You're not going to pay a price, as I understand it, within immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families.''

That's right, Boxer pointed out that no one in Condoleezza Rice's immediate family is serving in the military. Horrors! Keep reading :

Still, at Fox News, you put important questions debating the potential of more human sacrifice aside when a soundbite can distract the entire audience from the real issue.

The Murdoch-owned New York Post front page ran the headline "It's War. Dem Childless Condi Slur," and inside wrote, "The vapidity - the sheer mindlessness - of Sen. Boxer's assertion makes it clear that the next two years are going to be a time of bitterness and rancor, marked by pettiness of spirit and political self-indulgence of a sort not seen in America for a very long time."

The Post forgot to add, "…except, perhaps for the last 12 years."

"I think it was more than cheap — it was degrading," said Fox News commentator Karen Hanretty "There's nothing more vicious than feminine politics, and Boxer proved herself a shrill harpy.''

Fox News ran headlines all day Friday on the topic, such as, "Will Boxer Apologize?'' and "Boxer Slimes Rice.'' The White House Fox contributor, Tony Snow said, Boxer's comments were "outrageous" and "a great leap backward for feminism.''

The utter stupidity of this bit of distraction is enough to make me nuts. But also, for crying out loud, when will we have a Democrat actually push back against the right wing noise machine? How wonderful it would have been for Boxer to come right back with "It's a sad day when this administration and their propagandists would rather CREATE controversies than deal with the fact that they have asked our armed services to sacrifice themselves for a war that they cannot define, that they cannot elucidate a clear plan for and that they have no exit strategy to remove them from harm's way. I'm not concerned with Dr. Rice being childless, I DON'T WANT TO MAKE OTHER AMERICANS CHILDLESS from the actions of this administration."

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/0...ats-important/

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

.................................................. ..
    Last edited by dchristie; 01-15-2007 at 07:51 AM.