+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Wake Up America - We can do bloody well without you!

By Siv O'Neall
    Jan 13, 2007, 10:10

What a fool I was! What a dominated fool!
    To think you were the earth and sky.
    What a fool I was! What an addle-pated fool!
    What a mutton-headed dolt was I!
    No, my reverberating friend,
    You are not the beginning and the end!

Without your pulling it, the tide comes in,
    Without your twirling it, the earth can spin.
    Without your pushing them, the clouds roll by.
    If they can do without you, ducky,
    So can I!

I shall not feel alone without you.
    I can stand on my own without you.
    So go back in your shell,
    I can do bloody well
    Without you!

Eliza Doolittle to Henry Higgins
    'Without You' from My Fair Lady (Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loew)

Wake up America.
    We've had enough of you and your arrogance. We've had enough of you and your self-centered souls. You are not the only country where you can go from rags to riches. You are not the only country where front-line scientists are created. You are not the only country where comfortable living is possible. You are not the country with the most admirable civilization, the most up-standing values, the finest arts, the lives most worth living. You are not the moral beacon of the world.

Will you please stop telling us we should be like you! Will you please stop traveling around the world with a sense of owning it all! Will you please stop thinking you are the salt of the earth!

There is a world out here that does not depend on you, a world that is at least as civilized as anything you can boast of. There is a world out here where young people get a first-class education, where they can go on to becoming professors and scientists, physicians and engineers without even getting any help from rich parents. You think money is everything. We think a good mind is everything. We try to create thinking people, people who can judge and question and doubt the validity of the acts of run-away politicians and self-righteous preachers. There are megalomaniacs in all countries of the world, but it's up to us the people to rein them in and not be daunted by the hubris of the people who run the country and who trample all over the planet with heavy boots and no souls.

We want a life that's worth living, a life of reflection and feelings, not a robot-like existence where the so-called values center around consumerism and soulless entertainment. We want human contacts, we want creative lives, we don't want to be just cogs in a wheel.

When are you Americans going to see that the megalomaniacs who are busy ruining your country and the world are just that? Sick bastards with the most enormous egos and the most putrid souls that the earth has ever seen. When are you going to see that you are not the upper crust of the world? When are you going to see that we Europeans, we Asians, we Africans, we Latin Americans don't want you to meddle with and ruin our countries. We can stand up fine without you, but with you we are destroyed.

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/pu...le_23750.shtml

Re: Wake Up America - We can do bloody well without you!

Ok, fine, we will, and then at the same time ask you governments to stop asking us for help, stop asking the American taxpayers to sacrafice so that you can eat. And when the dictator that runs your country kills a member of your family because he/she dared question his policies dont come crying to the U.S to help you.

Freaking ingrates!! Kiss my American ass!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"

National Taxes, National Borders!!

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!

Quote Originally Posted by Solve et Coagula
    Wake up America.
    We've had enough of you and your arrogance. We've had enough of you and your self-centered souls. You are not the only country where you can go from rags to riches. You are not the only country where front-line scientists are created. You are not the only country where comfortable living is possible. You are not the country with the most admirable civilization, the most up-standing values, the finest arts, the lives most worth living. You are not the moral beacon of the world.

Will you please stop telling us we should be like you! Will you please stop traveling around the world with a sense of owning it all! Will you please stop thinking you are the salt of the earth!

There is a world out here that does not depend on you, a world that is at least as civilized as anything you can boast of. There is a world out here where young people get a first-class education, where they can go on to becoming professors and scientists, physicians and engineers without even getting any help from rich parents. You think money is everything. We think a good mind is everything. We try to create thinking people, people who can judge and question and doubt the validity of the acts of run-away politicians and self-righteous preachers. There are megalomaniacs in all countries of the world, but it's up to us the people to rein them in and not be daunted by the hubris of the people who run the country and who trample all over the planet with heavy boots and no souls.

We want a life that's worth living, a life of reflection and feelings, not a robot-like existence where the so-called values center around consumerism and soulless entertainment. We want human contacts, we want creative lives, we don't want to be just cogs in a wheel.

When are you Americans going to see that the megalomaniacs who are busy ruining your country and the world are just that? Sick bastards with the most enormous egos and the most putrid souls that the earth has ever seen. When are you going to see that you are not the upper crust of the world? When are you going to see that we Europeans, we Asians, we Africans, we Latin Americans don't want you to meddle with and ruin our countries. We can stand up fine without you, but with you we are destroyed.

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/pu...le_23750.shtml
    Solve et Coagula,

As an American, it breaks my heart that the U.S. is now seen in the light you are shining on her here - yet, I know it's true. It's the one single thing, above all else, that I will never forgive President Bush for doing to our country.

I would like you to please try to understand this one thing:

It's the administration that governs us at this particular time who are arrogant, self-centered souls - not American citizens; at least not the high majority of us anyway.

Can you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster
    Freaking ingrates!! Kiss my American ass!
    Mine, too.

5. 01-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Solve et Coagula

[/url]
    Gee, sure. And you've always done so well without our help. This sounds like my daughter when she was about 13 and didn't like it when I scrutinized some of her little playmates that I diidn't feel would be a positive influence. But just like I did with her, the US will see that our rebelious, unapprechiative loved ones come to little harm.
    The terminally stupid and certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Solve et Coagula,

As an American, it breaks my heart that the U.S. is now seen in the light you are shining on her here - yet, I know it's true. It's the one single thing, above all else, that I will never forgive President Bush for doing to our country.

I would like you to please try to understand this one thing:

It's the administration that governs us at this particular time who are arrogant, self-centered souls - not American citizens; at least not the high majority of us anyway.

Can you see the difference?

Hey, dont make excuses for our country. Yes, the U.S has made mistakes, but so do all governments. Its the same ol story, they guy on top is always a target. Take all the "bad" things that the U.S has done, then take all the good things that the U.S has done and do the math. The good is going to far outweigh the bad. Imagine if the U.S all of sudden said fine, we are going to stay out of everyones buisness except our own. That means no more food to starving countries, no more financial aid to countries either. No more allowing students from other countries to come here and go to our schools. No, more allowing people to come here and have sugeries done because thier medical community sucks. We just say fvck you all. Then we can ask, How do you like us now?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!

At the risk of being reduntant, I agree with the original post.
    We should pull all our foreign aid to every country and take care of business
    of our own. At the same time pour money into creating a fail safe DEFENSE
    system and let the rest of the world go to hell or wherever it would rather
    be than being tied to the USA.
    Got a disaster? Sorry, deal with it. Got a coup in your country? Deal with
    it. Cant grow enough food? Teach birth control. Want a different gov??
    Fight for it and good luck.
    Let the rest of the world sink or swim on its own merits and determination.
    No exceptions.
    I am sick of countries holding out their hands and begging for help from my
    hard earned taxes and hating us at the same time.
    Put your hands down and shut up!
    Americans who wish to aid countries with food, education and anything
    else they want to "share" with others, then do it through your tax exempt
    churches. Thats where it belongs. Not at the expence of taxpayers or
    our countrys sovereighnty or anything else.

Hey, dont make excuses for our country. Yes, the U.S has made mistakes, but so do all governments. Its the same ol story, they guy on top is always a target. Take all the "bad" things that the U.S has done, then take all the good things that the U.S has done and do the math. The good is going to far outweigh the bad. Imagine if the U.S all of sudden said fine, we are going to stay out of everyones buisness except our own. That means no more food to starving countries, no more financial aid to countries either. No more allowing students from other countries to come here and go to our schools. No, more allowing people to come here and have sugeries done because thier medical community sucks. We just say fvck you all. Then we can ask, How do you like us now?
    Our economy would collapse in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews

Why? because all of sudden all the money that we are giving away is spent here at home to fix our educational system? And, the money we save giving it away to un-grateful countries were spent here at home or investments to "friendly" countries?

I dont buy it....

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    The world economy would colapse in the next hearbeat.

Sometimes I wish we would do that to these ingrates. But then we wouldn't be the great nation that we are, and of course, we'd be called heartless and selfish BY OUR VERY OWN who don't support our country, or our president. History proves that a war-time president is usually spat upon by his own who seem to have tunnel vision.

Why? because all of sudden all the money that we are giving away is spent here at home to fix our educational system? And, the money we save giving it away to un-grateful countries were spent here at home or investments to "friendly" countries?

I dont buy it....
    I do..........

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    At the risk of being reduntant, I agree with the original post.
    I don't.
    We should pull all our foreign aid to every country and take care of business
    of our own. At the same time pour money into creating a fail safe DEFENSE
    system and let the rest of the world go to hell or wherever it would rather
    be than being tied to the USA.
    Got a disaster? Sorry, deal with it. Got a coup in your country? Deal with
    it. Cant grow enough food? Teach birth control. Want a different gov??
    Fight for it and good luck.
    Let the rest of the world sink or swim on its own merits and determination.
    No exceptions.
    I am sick of countries holding out their hands and begging for help from my
    hard earned taxes and hating us at the same time.
    Put your hands down and shut up!
    Americans who wish to aid countries with food, education and anything
    else they want to "share" with others, then do it through your tax exempt
    churches. Thats where it belongs. Not at the expence of taxpayers or
    our countrys sovereighnty or anything else.
    This I agree with.

Sigh............... damned if you do, damned if you dont.

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS!

Quote Originally Posted by HotParadox
    Sometimes I wish we would do that to these ingrates. But then we wouldn't be the great nation that we are, and of course, we'd be called heartless and selfish BY OUR VERY OWN who don't support our country, or our president. History proves that a war-time president is usually spat upon by his own who seem to have tunnel vision.
    We sure spat on Lincoln in the fall of 1864. Good thing he didn't listen to the people who just wanted an end to hostilities and quit trying to win.

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    At the same time pour money into creating a fail safe DEFENSE system
    Curious to know what such a "fail safe" system would look like. Would it have prevented the attacks on 9/11? Would it prevent a recurrence today? Or tomorrow? If you can figure this one out you'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Americans who wish to aid countries with food, education and anything else they want to "share" with others, then do it through your tax exempt churches. Thats where it belongs. Not at the expence of taxpayers or our countrys sovereighnty or anything else.
    Our country's sovereingty depends greatly on our country's national security. Is this the tab you think the charitable organizations should pick up?

How bout them busted up quotes HP? Not bad eh? :)
    Last edited by bogie; 01-14-2007 at 08:04 PM.