+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MLM - What's the WORST that could happen?

Wellness products

Services

Training

Other

What is the worst that could possibly happen by becoming involved with a MLM?

Some say that you could potentially throw thousands into a venture and have nothing to show for it.

Others say that you could do that AND bring in a couple/few others who lose their money as well and hate you for it.

Others might state that you could potentially get in trouble with regulators etc if you join the wrong thing.....

BUT, on the other side of the isle, we have:

You could potentially make a part time/full time profit (as you define it) by joining a MLM.

You could enjoy tax breaks others don't.

Time freedom. Financial freedom. College for kids, etc.....

And in terms of worst possible scenarios, you may "lose out" on a couple hundred bucks trying to build, but at the same time enjoy quality products for the life of the venture - so no real harm done........

What are your thoughts?

Re: MLM - What's the WORST that could happen?

The worst?

You lose a little money, and some time, and learned absolutely NOTHING.:rotz:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    The worst?

You lose a little money, and some time, and learned absolutely NOTHING.:rotz:
    Ok. What about a normal thinking individual who does learn something.....even if its simply the gaining of added perspective.

So....would you say a little time, a little money, and some product?

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    I am always chagrined when I hear of folks 'garage qualifying' with thousands of dollars of products they will never sell. The con artists are everywhere and yes the are to be found in MLM as well.

The reality is, if one starts as a customer, buying products they like and want....learning about the company this way, being satisfied with the product and their upline....that is the way to go....and then start into the business.

But we will always hear the horror stories (and the hyped up possibilities of fame and fortune)....but it seems to me it is the ones that do spend too much, that also learn too little in the process.

Yep. That'd be bad. Spend thousands with nothing to show for it, on products that you can't move and won't be able to even use before they expire..... bleh...........IF the company doesn't allow returns.

Bad things...

On the flip side of that, as you say, using product only that you can personally consume, if its not for you............the wost possible scenario would be.......?

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Wellness products

Services

Training

Other

Some say that you could potentially throw thousands into a venture and have nothing to show for it.
    Yep, if you're a fool. Most companies have joining fees of zero to $100 these days, fully refundable within a certain amount of time. Qualifications with modern day plans are usually less than $100 a month, again refundable by law. How do people lose thousands? By being stupid.

Others say that you could do that AND bring in a couple/few others who lose their money as well and hate you for it.
    By being stupid and finding other stupid people. Yep.

Others might state that you could potentially get in trouble with regulators etc if you join the wrong thing.....
    Yep, that'd be stupid....again (there's a common theme here)

BUT, on the other side of the isle, we have:

You could potentially make a part time/full time profit (as you define it) by joining a MLM.

You could enjoy tax breaks others don't.

Time freedom. Financial freedom. College for kids, etc.....

And in terms of worst possible scenarios, you may "lose out" on a couple hundred bucks trying to build, but at the same time enjoy quality products for the life of the venture - so no real harm done........

What are your thoughts?
    Yep, join, like the products and learn the business building skills and the above will likely happen.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Ok. What about a normal thinking individual who does learn something.....even if its simply the gaining of added perspective.

So....would you say a little time, a little money, and some product?
    The product dynamic should be a given. If you don't find value in the product, everything else is a moot point.

Besides, we are talking about legit MLM here, aren't we?

If you don't like the product, you can always get a refund. Nothing lost.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Yep, if you're a fool. Most companies have joining fees of zero to $100 these days, fully refundable within a certain amount of time. Qualifications with modern day plans are usually less than $100 a month, again refundable by law. How do people lose thousands? By being stupid.

By being stupid and finding other stupid people. Yep.

Yep, that'd be stupid....again (there's a common theme here)

Yep, join, like the products and learn the business building skills and the above will likely happen.
    I think stupid = greedy. Greed based ignorance.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Wellness products

Services

Training

Other

Come join my MLM. You can get rich and your best chance is buying my "freedom pack" for only $1000.

Or; the secret to succeeding is "learning vital skills", which you can easily do by subscribing to a cd per week plus attending seminars and conventions.

Therein lies the problem in many MLM's.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I think stupid = greedy. Greed based ignorance.
    Usually, yeah.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Come join my MLM. You can get rich and your best chance is buying my "freedom pack" for only $1000.

Or; the secret to succeeding is "learning vital skills", which you can easily do by subscribing to a cd per week plus attending seminars and conventions.

Therein lies the problem in many MLM's.
    Like I said, being stupid.

It happened to you didn't it Joke?

Thats the worst thing that could happen, you could spend the rest of your life totally obsessed with one company that you failed with. To be fair, I do pity you Joke.

Like I said, being stupid.

It happened to you didn't it Joke?

Thats the worst thing that could happen, you could spend the rest of your life totally obsessed with one company that you failed with. To be fair, I do pity you Joke.
    Your MLM was the one selling $1000 freedom packs. How'd that work for you?
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Your MLM was the one selling $1000 freedom packs. How'd that work for you?
    Worked good. I didn't buy one or sell one...they were an option that most people didn't take up. I joined for 30 bucks and bought products that I wanted to use every month. I encouraged others to do the same.

Worked good. I didn't buy one or sell one...they were an option that most people didn't take up. I joined for 30 bucks and bought products that I wanted to use every month. I encouraged others to do the same.
    Whether you bought it or not, you still failed.

Whether you bought it or not, you still failed.
    My goals and results have never been posted on here, so carry on guessing if it keeps you happy.

I joined this forum a few years back to try and understand scams.

I had invested money in a crafting at home opportunity and decided I had been scammed and wanted to find out if I had really been scammed and what to do about loosing the money and helping others.

Lol what I have discovered is laughable.

Some of these work at home crafting opportunities have made the companies rich and the investors poor.
    It seems to me nothing is being done to stop this kind of scam.

The predator sucks these people into their scam scheme and convinces them to support their scam efforts.

What you end up with is a collection of people supporting the business that resembles a cult.

The business itself gets very rich while taking advantage of the investors.

It's different than the structure of MLM but still similar to the same complaints.

Am I wrong or right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    I joined this forum a few years back to try and understand scams.

I had invested money in a crafting at home opportunity and decided I had been scammed and wanted to find out if I had really been scammed and what to do about loosing the money and helping others.

Lol what I have discovered is laughable.

Some of these work at home crafting opportunities have made the companies rich and the investors poor.
    It seems to me nothing is being done to stop this kind of scam.

The predator sucks these people into their scam scheme and convinces them to support their scam efforts.

What you end up with is a collection of people supporting the business that resembles a cult.

The business itself gets very rich while taking advantage of the investors.

It's different than the structure of MLM but still similar to the same complaints.

Am I wrong or right?
    Spot on.