+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

droppshipping..plss help!!!!!!

looking for an authenic dropper...and do they work....

Re: droppshipping..plss help!!!!!!

try www.doba.com, they work very well for those in the USA

anasbhai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gerrylen123
    looking for an authenic dropper...and do they work....
    Are you an auction player? If you are serious and want to be a genuine retailer you can look into the company called worlwidebrands. This is the most legit as far as my concern. You will get genuine & verified wholesaler/light bulk wholesaler/dropshiper's address in their directory as well as product research tool by which you can assess your product’s position in the market like demand, supply , Average price, Auction price, advertisement and most impotently an assessment report showing the probability how your product will perform or if it is worth to sell . Meanwhile since you will be dealing directly with the manufacturer you will need sales tax id (in US) to open account with them. But first you have to subscribe their directory then you can complete the modalities required by the manufacturer.

Have nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by avoid.ws
    try www.doba.com, they work very well for those in the USA
    Come on, this is not serious. To get an idea of their prices you need to sign up for a free trial and enter your credit card details.

Quote Originally Posted by anasbhai
    Are you an auction player? If you are serious and want to be a genuine retailer you can look into the company called worlwidebrands. This is the most legit as far as my concern.
    Have you bought the membership with them?

Quote Originally Posted by mars3000
    Come on, this is not serious. To get an idea of their prices you need to sign up for a free trial and enter your credit card details.
    just trying to help you out and if you don't like what they have to offer in your trial, then of course, they won't charge your credit card...

7. 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Reason
    FORUM VIOLATION

Honestly most people looking for drop shippers are looking in the wrong place. I have been working on Ebay for 4 years now and I use drop shipping for all my items and not a single item comes from any sort of middleman drop shipping service at all.

What I did was the same thing anyone would do to start a business, online or otherwise, determine what you want to sell, if there is profitability in it, and then start contacting the manufacturers that make the product, or in the case of video games and electronics, the manufacturers authorized distribution center. When you contact different companies and request pricing information and product catalogs inquire on if they drop ship their products, you would be amazed to find out how many that do, they just don't promote or advertise that they do. There is no need to pay some middleman mark up and eat into your own profits.

One rule of thumb, which should be a rule of thumb for Ebay in general anyways, is to try and stay with products that have a retail of at least $40 per item to find comapnies willing to drop ship their product instead of having to place direct orders and ship yourself, although honestly its hard to make much profit on items much under this amount on Ebay anyways, by the time Ebay takes their cut, and Pay Pal and then the cost of the product anything under a $40 selling price and you would have to overturn an absurd amount of inventory to even think about being able to do it as a sole income. You can safely figure Ebay and Pay Pal are going to get roughly 15% of the total cost of the item with shipping on items over $40, so roughly $6 in fees, the general rule of thumb for profit is you pay the manufacturer half the retail cost of the item to purchase it wholesale, so the item itself will cost you $20, so on a $40 item you walk away with only $14 each. Which still is very little profit per item and does not take into consideration listing fees of items that do not sell, hence to sell items much less under this amount is pretty difficult to do as a viable income as Ebay and Pay Pal will nickle and dime you to death for what little profits you may have on lower cost items.

Before you can do any of this though, you do have to get licensed in your state of residence for business. Different states have different names/fees/processing time to obtain your license. In Ohio where I am it took 10 days, cost $25 for 2 years ($15 to renew for each 2 year incriment after that) and it is a Vendor's License you would be looking to apply for and can be done online.

Also, you HAVE to charge sales tax for items which you ship to your home state (regardless of the state they are being drop shipped from), you MUST file and pay sales tax in your home state (which will vary from monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually depending on your state and their guidelines) and you MUST claim all money taken in on your Income taxes. Once you have a business license you ARE trackable as having a verifiable income, but without one no legitimate manufacturer will give you the time of day and most will require they have a copy of it faxed to them before discussing any pricing with you or sending you any information.
    Last edited by Kyrsten; 01-11-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsten
    I use drop shipping for all my items and not a single item comes from any sort of middleman drop shipping service at all.
    I agree with you. Most of these countless "dropshipping directories" are at best useless or at worst just a scam. Some of them are OK in t erms of service but the prices are so high that it will be impossible to sell products and get any profit from it.

There are many that are legit, that are not a scam, they deliver exactly what they say they will at the price they list to you and ship promptly. But what IS a scam is their claim of wholesale pricing is complete garbage, their markup is significant on top of the drop ship fees they charge per package. Most of them claim to sell at wholesale and the only profit they make is off the nominal drop ship fee, that is a total lie.

Initially in my research I found a drop shipper for sports fan related items (NFL, NCAA, MLB, NBA), I actually found it through a manufacturer website as that is the company they use for their own drop sihp distribution and the drop shipper carries over 2 dozen different companies items such as Reebok, Riddell and such. When I first started with drop shipping I was using this company, but then in a very short time of a month or so I contacted the same manufacturers myself instead and found that they will drop ship for me instead of this "all in one" sports fan items drop shipper. For some examples of the difference in pricing from a bulk drop shipper who "claims" to sell at wholesale, as opposed to going direct to the manufacturer who will drop ship for you themselves:

Licensed Wall clock:
    ACTUAL Retail cost as stated by the ACTUAL manufacturer (MSRP): $39.95,

The BOGUS retail cost the drop shipper claims the item sells for to make it look like there is profit in the item and you are buying the item at wholesale $49.95

Cost from "bulk" drop shipper at what they claim is the "whoelsale price": $29.95 each plus $4.50 drop shipping fee

Cost from ACTUAL manufacturer to drop ship: $19.50 per clock plus $2.50 drop ship fee

Cost from ACTUAL manufacturer if I purchase the item directly shipped to me in the order quantites required: $19.50 each (obviously no drop ship fee)

So even the legitimate drop shippers are gounging the profits from you and their claim of wholesale is garbage, ESPECIALLY when you consider that they most likely pay even less then the $19.50 because they most likely have negotiated a deal for a larger volume than most single store retailers would ever order.

Most manufacturers do charge a nominal drop ship fee of $1.50-$3.00, but considering if you were purchasing the product directly and shipping it yourself, you would be paying the shipping to receive the product to yourself and then paying to ship it to the customer (although re-imbursed by the customer on this expense), not to mentioin the cost of packing materials, the fee they charge is more than reasonable and can easily be absorbed into the shipping you charge the buyer, and you save yourself alot of hassle and trips to USPS or UPS.

Another example of the typical bulk style drop ship merchandiser:

Licensed Stained Glass Billiard Light (48 inch)

Retail Cost (MSRP): $449 according to ACTUAL manufacturer

Alleged retail cost according to Bulk drop shipping source to make it seem as though you are paying wholesale and there is a profit margin in the product: $549

Bulk Drop Shipper Cost: $349 plus $4.50 drop shipping fee AND on large items they GOUGE you on shipping rates, this particular item they charge an additional $25 oversize item fee on top of the standard shipping rate which works out to be about a $50 total shipping charge (also keep in mind that with this particular item they arent shipping or stocking it they are using the manufacturer to do it for them and are pocketing the overcharge on shipping and in their alleged wholesale pricing as their profit simply for taking your order and then forwarding the order on to the manufacturer, as both sources of ordering are a 15 business day shipping time for manufacturing and with this item they are upfront about it shipping direct from the manufacturer and not them)

Cost from ACTUAL manufacturer to drop ship: $224.99 plus a flat $25 shipping fee total (no oversize charge) and $2.50 drop ship fee.

The concept of truly wholesale pricing with any drop shipper, even those that are legitimate, is bogus, they are making more money off the item as a middle man than you are as the seller.
    Last edited by Kyrsten; 01-12-2007 at 04:02 AM.

Dropshipping (affectionately known as drop****ting) is not the wisest nor a money making, and usually leaves you with handling the brunt of complaints by your customers. Although these were made for ebay, it applies to anyone who think that Dropshipping is going to be a model to rely your products and delivery methods on, are doomed to failure.

http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebaysell.pdf

Newbies seem attracted to scam dropshipping services so they can avoid actually
    touching and handling inventory. Sadly, most dropshippers foist off outdated,
    overpriced, marginal, and largely unsellable merchandise to hoards of clueless
    competitors.
    Problems with dropshipping include (a) There are way too many fingers in the
    pie, (b) there is not nearly a high enough sell/buy ratio, (c) identical items are
    offered by others, (d) your personal value added is usually sorely limited, and (e)
    it is you that gets hung out to dry on the inevitable delay or nondelivery.
    A good rule is to never sell what you do not personally own title to and
    physically have present possession of! It sure is interesting to watch the
    predator-prey relationship on the alt.wholesale newsgroup.
    A possible dropshipping exception may very rarely exist if you are providing
    outsource marketing services for a local craftsperson. The key questions to ask are
    (a) Are you the only person given the exclusive ability to sell their items on eBay?
    (b) Is the dropshipping source within walking distance of your home? (c) Is your
    sell/buy margin exceptionally high, and (d) Are you able to add substantial and
    unique personal value added not available elsewhere?
    Palletized liquidation scams are equally useless because (a) Each pallet item has at
    least one problem, (b) The good stuff has long been higraded, (c) much of it may
    be inappropriate for eBay, and (d) shipping costs will be outrageous.
    http://www.tinaja.com/glib/moreebay.pdf

Drop Shipping Fantasies
    Drop shipping is the art of taking an otherwise unsellable
    $79.95 retail item of zero demand and then selling it to
    you for $39.95 so you can resell it in eBay for $19.50. For a
    mythical benefit of avoiding inventory costs.
    There are several obvious problems here. First, there are
    way too many fingers in the pie. Second, there is no way to
    meet the minimum 30:1 buy/ sell ratio that is demanded
    for any eBay success. Third, there’s no obvious way you
    can add personal value over your many competitors.
    Fourth, if the stuff was any good, they wouldn’t need your
    help flushing it. And fifth and finally, when the items are
    undelivered or slow delivered, or inadequate, it will be you
    who will get hung out to dry.
    Summing it all up…
    Do not try to sell what is not yours.
    Note also that commercial trucking charges can end up
    utterly outrageous in certain rural areas of the country.
    Especially if no local pickup dock is available or when a
    surcharged home delivery is requested. Or when trucking is
    part of the drop shipper’s profit center, when palletized
    skidding is required, or if the wrong category is selected. It
    is enormously difficult to get anything heavy delivered
    here to Thatcher by commercial truck for less than $800.00
    or so. Local shippers studiously avoid such business.
    A Trucking Secret
    But there is one sneaky way to send or receive heavy stuff
    that is amazingly cheap and right to your door. This is the
    little known UPS Hundredweight Service. In which you
    can send or receive up to half a ton. Often for much less
    than most commercial trucking.
    There are several minor gotchas: You already have to
    have a UPS Pickup Account. The stuff has to be packable
    into normal UPS sized boxes and weights, preferably less
    than 75 pounds each. And you do have to watch all of your
    exact weights. For 301 pounds goes for the same cost as
    400. And all boxes have to go to the same address at the
    same time. No heavy skids or pallets are needed.
    Your typical pricing is around 2/3 rds of normal UPS.
    Ferinstance, AZ to MN was around $23 per hundred pounds
    on a recent TUT LR2000T shipment of ours.
    You can also shop around locally for scruffy "can do"
    individuals who will pick up and deliver things over a few
    hundred miles for way less than normal. Especially on
    flextime. Some auction houses may offer this as a sideline
    or know someone who can. Such services will usually be
    unadvertised, so be sure to ask around.

While I agree completely that the mass drop-shipping services do put you destined for failure, it is possible to have a viable business and use drop shipping. As I mentioned before many people looking for drop shipping are looking in the wrong place, look to the manufacturers of the items you want to sell and inquire if they offer it, as many do. In all the companies I deal with, my cost if I purchased the item myself in quantity and shipped it myself, or have the manufacturer drop ship it for me is no different other than the $1.50-$3.00 drop ship fee, so if I am not profitable allowing them to drop ship the orders for me, I would be no more profitable shipping the item myself.

Drop Shipping can be done as a viable income, most people just go about it the wrong way looking for some cookie cutter mass all in one source. If the person looking to get into it would treat it as any other business and do a little research in how profitable and marketable the items are and go to the source of where the product comes from they would be quite suprised to find in many cases they can still have the drop shipping business they want, but they need to get more in a mindset of business, get a license and spend some time doing some research. The research is actually easy enough to do. Think of what it is you want to sell (personally I am a big believer in only selling what you are knowledgable about, so if the product line is something I am not familiar with I educate myself on it before listing it, which will become a huge advantage in which products to purchase and market and will reflect in your success), go to Ebay and do some closed auction searches and start making a list of the items and what they typically sell for and how frequently they sell and how many listings end without any bidders. Once you find a product that seems like it could be promising, go to a local store that sells those types of items. Start flipping over the back of boxes and packages and see who makes the items and either commit the company names to memory or jot them down on a notepad in the store. Go home hop on the internet and look up each company and get their phone number and give them a call to inquire about pricing and product catalogs, and ask about drop shipping and ask ALOT of questions, such as their shipping time, what the drop shiping fees are, if they provide tracking informtion for each order and so on. When your looking for products, dont restrict yourself to 1 or 2, get a list of at least 10-12 different possibilities that are somewhat similar so you are building a product base with the potential for cross over and multiple purchases, and you increase your likelihood of finding more companies willing to drop ship, as not all are. Once you have completed all of this you should be pretty well to go and start selling. Buy all the ebooks and EBay in a box informercial garbage you want, what I just listed above is the one thing that none of these will ever tell you, and no one told me, you just have to treat this as being in business for yourself and get in that mindset. If I can do this successfully, anyone can. The one big thing that I would steer against is performing this researching between Halloween and New Year's as the holiday season may give you false results as to the popularity of a product and you may find yourself with a dead horse of a product for year round stability.
    Last edited by Kyrsten; 01-13-2007 at 12:29 AM.

anasbhai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mars3000
    Have you bought the membership with them?
    No I didn’t but the overall performances & Report of the company convinced me that they are the most legit & professional one. Also they are ebay certified & the CEO is ebay entrepreneur magazine’s editor & he also regularly speaks over Ebay radio. The company’s product sourcing methodologies are being taught in Ebay University. So as a whole you can rely on them

anasbhai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsten
    What I did was the same thing anyone would do to start a business, online or otherwise, determine what you want to sell, if there is profitability in it, and then start contacting the manufacturers that make the product, or in the case of video games and electronics, the manufacturers authorized distribution center. When you contact different companies and request pricing information and product catalogs inquire on if they drop ship their products, you would be amazed to find out how many that do, they just don't promote or advertise that they do. There is no need to pay some middleman mark up and eat into your own profits.
    This can be another way of sourcing product but the problem is without extensive experience new Auction traders simply cannot differentiate between the good & the bad one. Importantly because of heavy competition in ebay you simply cannot sell everything whatever you wish to sell the trading must be viable & your reputation must be intact in terms of product quality & lead time. With Product research tool of worldwidebrands you can assess your product’s market value, competition, supply & demand etc in very efficient way. You will get a clear idea how you product will perform taking without risk. Apart from that, the company personally verifies each & every supplier with some selection criteria which reduce extensive research time for the user & there is no middleman so you are likely to get a very competitive price if you professionally approach them.

Quote Originally Posted by anasbhai
    No I didn’t but the overall performances & Report of the company convinced me that they are the most legit & professional one.
    Seems odd that you haven't signed up for their membership but you promote them. Are you just promoting them because of the affiliate commisions you get when someone clicks that banner next to your sig? Or do you really think they are worth of your promoting?

anasbhai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buckskis
    Seems odd that you haven't signed up for their membership but you promote them. Are you just promoting them because of the affiliate commisions you get when someone clicks that banner next to your sig? Or do you really think they are worth of your promoting?
    They got free preview section where you can have a free ride without spending anything or giving any of your personal information. It’s all about judgment and depends on individual’s requirement. After a ride one can easily understand the value of the product. You don’t need any kind of membership to realize the worth of their product. I have been looking around for a while for a legit drop/ bulk shipping directory but didn’t get anything close to it.

Have a nice day!

We are a dropshipper for airsoft, tactical gear, some novelty toy items.
    www.airsoftgunsusa.com. As stated a sellers permit is required. Airsoft was a huge money maker 2 years ago, now you can still have adequate sales. Our big line of fidragon tactical is making good sales currently. We are the directimporter of product.
    Good luck