+ Reply to Thread

Here's how America could save some $$

You have got to love this idea... I know I do.

Re: Here's how America could save some $$

Very Funny Grim!
    How about this instead, every talk show host, talking head, televangelist, CEO, public official and ĎWí himself piss in a bottle first. They also sit on their asses all day doing absolutely nothing of value.
    We already know these dirt bags are on drugs itís high time we send them to re-hab.

Interesting idea Mr. Wilson has. I don't see it taking hold anywhere... probably because some group somewhere will scream "invasion of privacy", sh!tcanning the whole thing... but it is interesting.

Hey PSB, exactly what is it about this post that prompted you to go into attack mode?

This isn't a partisan political piece attacking one side or the other, so I'm curious why it is you pulled a textbook liberal move and avoided the context of what I posted?

Also, I find nothing funny about it. I think it is a fantastic idea, that welfare recipients should have to pass a piss test to receive government free-bee's... Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Hey PSB, exactly what is it about this post that prompted you to go into attack mode?

This isn't a partisan political piece attacking one side or the other, so I'm curious why it is you pulled a textbook liberal move and avoided the context of what I posted?

Also, I find nothing funny about it. I think it is a fantastic idea, that welfare recipients should have to pass a piss test to receive government free-bee's... Don't you?
    Give me a break, free-bees?

1 99% of the individuals that receive any entitlements from the Govít have already paid for them with hard earned cash, especially pensions you canít get one unless you worked for it.
    2 This bullsh!t, concerning the boogieman created by neo-cons, that welfare mommas are stealing all our money has got to stop!
    If you really want to save taxpayer dollars take a look hereÖ
    3 End corp. welfare and we will save trillions.
    4 Rumsfeld Sept 10, 2001: The Pentagon cannot account for $2.3 TRILLION
    http://benfrank.net/patriots/news/na...sing_trillions
    5 Cost of Iraq war could surpass $1 trillion-----------
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11880954/
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 01-09-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Grim all you will do is create another industry on how to cheat the piss tests, and it will only be more wasted funds? I agree with phinny and the premise that If the workers have to take a urinalysis, then all employees (salary, full time and part time) should have to.

I was in the military when I took my first piss test. Reagan was in office and said his staff and he himself would take the test as well, in 4-6 weeks from today? Wonder why he did that?

Anyway the first Sargent came in, and said everyone would be required to test by the end of the day (4pm). Anyone who did not comply would be court marshaled. Then he told everyone if they drank tea, coffee, and or beer until they pissed clear, they shouldn't have any problems passing the test, so no one had better fail. Noticed a lot of folks taking off early that day? Nobody failed? Interesting side note is that the security police held the record for most failures in one test of a squadron? Go figure?

I also thought it very hypocritical that the officers were given prior knowledge of an up coming test, when the enlisted personnel were not given the same opportunity? Defeats the whole purpose for either party to assure results from the test?

The tests have gotten better and if they do a density check, before the test results are sent in the better chance they have of determining a positive result. It all depends on how long it is in your system. Coke, heroin, & most pharmaceuticals stays in the system for approximately 72 hours, and pot can stay in the system for 4-6 weeks. The skinnier a person is the less it will stay in the system. Have heard of thin people smoking a joint on the way to take the test and passing. Have also heard of a lot of other false negatives which leads me to believe there is also the chance of some false positives as well.

I also believe a hair sample is ridiculous and doesn't give a true reading of a personís present situation as to their habits? Saying that someone has smoked pot sometime in the last 2-5-20 years is completely unfair if they no longer indulge!

If you are going to test across the board, no exceptions. I think pilots, truck, and bus drivers should be tested regularly, and I think government employees should be as well, from the president on down.

With that said I feel pot should be legal, and alcohol & pharmaceuticals are the biggest threat to anyone responsible enough to accept/maintain employment, but I think it is hypocritical for someone to criticize a casual user, when they are alcoholics or anyone addicted to painkillers!

Do you know the difference between an alcoholic and a drunk?

The drunk doesn't have to go to those blasted meetings!!

I know first hand, that there are many people milking the welfare system that have no intention of getting a job. A huge percentage of those people still manage to find the cash needed to buy their crack, meth and smack every week and if they had to pass a drug test to receive their benefits, they would either clean up or starve. And let me tell you another thing, cleaning up and working seem to always go hand and hand, this is why I wish a plan like this could be introduced. But of course we all know, it will never happen.

I find it interesting that PSB is so opposed to requiring people to have to measure up to a standard of living to receive government assistance. I guess he thinks it's ok for families to buy their dope on the taxpayers dime.

TheWorker Guest

i think i side with you on this one Grim, it sounds like a great idea to me....

that being said, i think marijuana should be legalized....