+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 22

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    If Atheists Rules the World

    LOL - Watch the whole thing, but get ready to rofl at about 2:20



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,193

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    LOL - Watch the whole thing, but get ready to rofl at about 2:20



    For a reaction I suppose it depends on what side your on. An atheist might say it goes too far and maybe we need some kind of morality. However, the problem for the atheist is where to draw the line. Where do we derive moral values?

    For the Christian, it shows what a messed up world it would be if moral codes were discarded. There has to be moral values, otherwise there would be social disorder or chaos. In the Western world, they call it the Judeo-Christian Ethic, first derived from Jews, and then adopted by Christians.

    I suspect if atheist ruled the world they would adapt moral standards from the past. No use beginning anew. So, we have a strong argument for morals reflecting the good old days. In many ways, moral values and norms have changed with society, but there seems to be consistency. As an example, legal institutions have been influenced by the moral standards of the past.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-16-2013 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    For a reaction I suppose it depends on what side your on. An atheist might say it goes too far and maybe we need some kind of morality. However, the problem for the atheist is where to draw the line. Where do we derive moral values?

    For the Christian, it shows what a messed up world it would be if moral codes were discarded. There has to be moral values, otherwise there would be social disorder or chaos. In the Western world, they call it the Judeo-Christian Ethic, first derived from Jews, and then adopted by Christians.

    I suspect if atheist ruled the world they would adapt moral standards from the past. No use beginning anew. So, we have a strong argument for morals reflecting the good old days. In many ways, moral values and norms have changed with society, but there seems to be consistency. As an example, legal institutions have been influenced by the moral standards of the past.
    Not true. I guess once again. Muslims, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean etc. All adapted the Judeo Christian ethic? Not to mention Cambodia etc. Your theory fails entirely there. You can't sell me on the fact there is chaos in a place like Japan. They are very law and order. No Judeo Christian presence there whatsoever. The Japanese are very fastidous in their work ethic. Crime there would be to shame the establishment there. Don't believe me check out the statistics. You act like there is wholesale murder and crime in those places. However you never see or hear anything of the like. Its mostly the same in most places. You can't explain that. You can only explain "Western" society. Does porn fit in with your Judeo Christian ethic? I don't think so. lol. There are major holes in your Judeo Christian ethic. As most people go on about there daily business without the help of Jesus or Moses in relative safety. If you say otherwise your not well traveled. Most travel agencys have all destinations in the world and don't worry about their travelers.

    In fact I will take this one step further. Prove to me that murder, theft, adultry were ever approved of in places like Japan, China etc. Deal is you can't explain, why? In fact everyone you rely on never say's why? People like that actually undersand, why? Porn everywhere in America and around the world. Gay marrige same deal or homosexuality. Sex is a non sequitur. Always has been. You keep trying to stuff a genie back in the box that is impossible to stuff in. Gouge out your eye 'wink, wink'. You know it's impossible to stop sexual urges. It was never asked of anyone. Until Jesus and Mohammad and the rest of the crew showed up. Adultry (sex when you have a family) will always be wrong almost in every single culture. No excuse for it. Makes sense. A single guys horses are always going to run free. Thats the way it is. Cept for Jesus. That would make him a cut above. Now wouldn't it? Carry your cross or stick em in a bowling bag you going to need one if you go that route lol. More for the rest of us is what I say. Everything Christianty has wraps itself around sex. Sex was never an issue until it showed up.

    I'm not trying to be insulting here. But your trying to make everything fit with the stories you believe. Without thinking about what doesn't fit. However you rejecting and ignoring what doesn't fit. Walking on in a kind of ignorance is bliss, kind of world. It's not smart to live like that but hey I don't plan on taking up anyones cause soon. It's pointless and you never get anywhere. I'm fat and happy lol.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 01-25-2013 at 08:59 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,193

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Not true. I guess once again. Muslims, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean etc. All adapted the Judeo Christian ethic? Not to mention Cambodia etc. Your theory fails entirely there. You can't sell me on the fact there is chaos in a place like Japan. They are very law and order. No Judeo Christian presence there whatsoever. The Japanese are very fastidous in their work ethic. Crime there would be to shame the establishment there. Don't believe me check out the statistics. You act like there is wholesale murder and crime in those places. However you never see or hear anything of the like. Its mostly the same in most places. You can't explain that. You can only explain "Western" society. Does porn fit in with your Judeo Christian ethic? I don't think so. lol. There are major holes in your Judeo Christian ethic. As most people go on about there daily business without the help of Jesus or Moses in relative safety. If you say otherwise your not well traveled. Most travel agencys have all destinations in the world and don't worry about their travelers.

    In fact I will take this one step further. Prove to me that murder, theft, adultry were ever approved of in places like Japan, China etc. Deal is you can't explain, why? In fact everyone you rely on never say's why? People like that actually undersand, why? Porn everywhere in America and around the world. Gay marrige same deal or homosexuality. Sex is a non sequitur. Always has been. You keep trying to stuff a genie back in the box that is impossible to stuff in. Gouge out your eye 'wink, wink'. You know it's impossible to stop sexual urges. It was never asked of anyone. Until Jesus and Mohammad and the rest of the crew showed up. Adultry (sex when you have a family) will always be wrong almost in every single culture. No excuse for it. Makes sense. A single guys horses are always going to run free. Thats the way it is. Cept for Jesus. That would make him a cut above. Now wouldn't it? Carry your cross or stick em in a bowling bag you going to need one if you go that route lol. More for the rest of us is what I say. Everything Christianty has wraps itself around sex. Sex was never an issue until it showed up.

    I'm not trying to be insulting here. But your trying to make everything fit with the stories you believe. Without thinking about what doesn't fit. However you rejecting and ignoring what doesn't fit. Walking on in a kind of ignorance is bliss, kind of world. It's not smart to live like that but hey I don't plan on taking up anyones cause soon. It's pointless and you never get anywhere. I'm fat and happy lol.
    You created a lot of straw folks here. Your criticism has hardly anything to do with what I posted. By mentioning the Judeo-Christian ethic I didn't exclude other moral beliefs. If I had, you would have a good argument. I used it as an example of a moral code. You also made no mention of legal institutions where you find moral values implemented into law.

    Nice critique, but not about my posting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You created a lot of straw folks here. Your criticism has hardly anything to do with what I posted. By mentioning the Judeo-Christian ethic I didn't exclude other moral beliefs. If I had, you would have a good argument. I used it as an example of a moral code. You also made no mention of legal institutions where you find moral values implemented into law.

    Nice critique, but not about my posting.
    "For the Christian, it shows what a messed up world it would be if moral codes were discarded. There has to be moral values, otherwise there would be social disorder or chaos. In the Western world, they call it the Judeo-Christian Ethic, first derived from Jews, and then adopted by Christians."

    Sure fooled me then. Deal is you can't explain why other lands like Asia once again. Have what you call virtually the same "moral codes" Christianty does not exsist there of course. Some how the world would fall apart if the west discarded the Judeo Christian moral codes. The world would not fall apart. Because as you can see in other lands they have virtually the same moral codes without once again any Christian Judeo influence. So you can throw out the Judeo Christian moral codes and the west and it will run virtually the same. Except you won't have the ongoing drivel and have to hear the parinoid ramblings about peoples sex lives. Which Christianty has as their bedrock.

    Once again you can't explain to me and don't seem to understand why places like Asia has divorce laws. Laws against stealing, slander, murder and all the other things the west has. Traffic laws etc without Judeo Christianty. Judeo, Christianty moral codes are not needed. Most of Christianty doesn't understand why. They just accept the fact and supposition that its their moral code that holds everything together. I guess as you say only in the west. When in fact most of the rest of the world has the very same thing with no Christianty.

    The person Christianty might consider as sexually aberrant. Is thinking of course its wrong to steal, kill, break traffic laws - not pay taxes or assault people. Is thinking to himself. Yea and they call it their 'moral code'. They are highly insulted by the fact Christians consider it their 'moral code' when in fact all of those basic things are accepted by many other peoples. Screw up on the basics and you can get you in big trouble most everywhere. Try not paying your taxes in Japan or assaulting someone on the street lol. See what happens. Same thing in Pakistan or India. Christianty likes trying to enforce sex laws which really are unenforceable. Christianty is going to lose there. They have already lost. Because there is no way to do that. It's silly. Everyone that knows the Christian sex ethic is BS. Laughs their head off at Christian morality when it comes to sex. Christians think thats the pit of hell and they certainly will burn for it. However those very same people take marriage very seriously for the most part. Because in a lot of cases thats where it winds up. Tell an Asian person they are going to hell because they have strong sexual needs. You discount that and wind it around a guy that never had a sexual need that your supposed to pick a cross up and follow. I guess it sure would be a cross. It's just not reality guy. Not for people anyway. Works well for children under 13. Becoming like a little child for someone over 13 just isn't going to stop the train, I'm sorry.

    However assault and theft is very enforceable. That was around way, way before Christianty or Judeo ever exsisted. Thou shalt not kill or steal? It's not redundant. However in the pile of paper they call the bible people were not going around killing each other and stealing in any wholesale way before that was written. Cain is total fiction in my opinion. Genisis 9:6 would make Moses and the 10 commandments redundant (thou shalt not kill) either that or make the Jews look stupid because you had too tell them twice not only that you have to put things in writing for them.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 01-26-2013 at 11:42 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,193

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    "For the Christian, it shows what a messed up world it would be if moral codes were discarded. There has to be moral values, otherwise there would be social disorder or chaos. In the Western world, they call it the Judeo-Christian Ethic, first derived from Jews, and then adopted by Christians."

    Sure fooled me then. Deal is you can't explain why other lands like Asia once again. Have what you call virtually the same "moral codes" Christianty does not exsist there of course. Some how the world would fall apart if the west discarded the Judeo Christian moral codes. The world would not fall apart. Because as you can see in other lands they have virtually the same moral codes without once again any Christian Judeo influence. So you can throw out the Judeo Christian moral codes and the west and it will run virtually the same. Except you won't have the ongoing drivel and have to hear the parinoid ramblings about peoples sex lives. Which Christianty has as their bedrock.

    Once again you can't explain to me and don't seem to understand why places like Asia has divorce laws. Laws against stealing, slander, murder and all the other things the west has. Traffic laws etc without Judeo Christianty. Judeo, Christianty moral codes are not needed. Most of Christianty doesn't understand why. They just accept the fact and supposition that its their moral code that holds everything together. I guess as you say only in the west. When in fact most of the rest of the world has the very same thing with no Christianty.

    The person Christianty might consider as sexually aberrant. Is thinking of course its wrong to steal, kill, break traffic laws - not pay taxes or assault people. Is thinking to himself. Yea and they call it their 'moral code'. They are highly insulted by the fact Christians consider it their 'moral code' when in fact all of those basic things are accepted by many other peoples. Screw up on the basics and you can get you in big trouble most everywhere. Try not paying your taxes in Japan or assaulting someone on the street lol. See what happens. Same thing in Pakistan or India. Christianty likes trying to enforce sex laws which really are unenforceable. Christianty is going to lose there. They have already lost. Because there is no way to do that. It's silly. Everyone that knows the Christian sex ethic is BS. Laughs their head off at Christian morality when it comes to sex. Christians think thats the pit of hell and they certainly will burn for it. However those very same people take marriage very seriously for the most part. Because in a lot of cases thats where it winds up. Tell an Asian person they are going to hell because they have strong sexual needs. You discount that and wind it around a guy that never had a sexual need that your supposed to pick a cross up and follow. I guess it sure would be a cross. It's just not reality guy. Not for people anyway. Works well for children under 13. Becoming like a little child for someone over 13 just isn't going to stop the train, I'm sorry.

    However assault and theft is very enforceable. That was around way, way before Christianty or Judeo ever exsisted. Thou shalt not kill or steal? It's not redundant. However in the pile of paper they call the bible people were not going around killing each other and stealing in any wholesale way before that was written. Cain is total fiction in my opinion. Genisis 9:6 would make Moses and the 10 commandments redundant (thou shalt not kill) either that or make the Jews look stupid because you had too tell them twice not only that you have to put things in writing for them.
    You need to take a course in reading comprehension. I did not exclude other moral codes, I just didn't discuss them. I can explain why other moral codes exist or what place they have in the world, but why should I? That is not what this thread is about.

    Again, you set up a straw man to attack. Why don't you just make up contrary postings and attack them. That way you would have good targets.

    Maybe you need a blog to post your views. No need to worry about the ideas of others.

    This thread is about atheists, not about your off bet and somewhat ridiculous rants.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You need to take a course in reading comprehension. I did not exclude other moral codes, I just didn't discuss them. I can explain why other moral codes exist or what place they have in the world, but why should I? That is not what this thread is about.

    Again, you set up a straw man to attack. Why don't you just make up contrary postings and attack them. That way you would have good targets.

    Maybe you need a blog to post your views. No need to worry about the ideas of others.

    This thread is about atheists, not about your off bet and somewhat ridiculous rants.
    The only real 'straw man' is the Judeo Christian ethic or moral code in my opinion. That's what I am trying to get across.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,193

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    The only real 'straw man' is the Judeo Christian ethic or moral code in my opinion. That's what I am trying to get across.
    Then, go ahead and rant about it, just don't include me in the target zone.

    Did you know stereotyping is a poor substitute for truth?
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Then, go ahead and rant about it, just don't include me in the target zone.

    Did you know stereotyping is a poor substitute for truth?
    Sorry you feel that way. Don't consider yourself a target. I was just pointing out the inconsistancy of the Judeo Christian ethic. Which is a topic frequently addressed by Christian pastors. In reality I am addressing a broad scope of people. Some who may be reading this. I am not singling you out by any means and have replied to many other people and topics on this board. I will try to continue to do so. However once again I am addressing the subject or topic at hand.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Sorry you feel that way. Don't consider yourself a target. I was just pointing out the inconsistancy of the Judeo Christian ethic. Which is a topic frequently addressed by Christian pastors. In reality I am addressing a broad scope of people. Some who may be reading this. I am not singling you out by any means and have replied to many other people and topics on this board. I will try to continue to do so. However once again I am addressing the subject or topic at hand.
    OK, just a short question for ya!? WHAT/WHERE/WHY do you consider YOURSELF a MODERATE person and act accordingly without too many regrets/grudges/disappointments!? what is your SECRET!? i've asked you about this in many ways before!? is it SIMPLY the company you keep/seek!? like the italians, is their an inside/outside aspect to it!? : :crazy1::judges::
    Last edited by lexx; 01-27-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    OK, just a short question for ya!? WHAT/WHERE/WHY do you consider YOURSELF a MODERATE person and act accordingly without too many regrets/grudges/disappointments!? what is your SECRET!? i've asked you about this in many ways before!? is it SIMPLY the company you keep/seek!? like the italians, is their an inside/outside aspect to it!? : :crazy1::judges::
    Catholosism, Catholics find culture fascinating. While not Catholic of course part of my life a small part 5 years or so was spent growing up with them. Americans with the movies etc. Have a similar fascination for some reason. Why get upset at confusion? You can play with it of course. Why even straighten it out. I have finally come to that conclusion. I wouldn't expect anyone that is knowledgable to even attempt it. Why be the creator or even debunk? I am where I am at. I will no longer take up the cause of the confused lol. It's too confusing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Catholosism, Catholics find culture fascinating. While not Catholic of course part of my life a small part 5 years or so was spent growing up with them. Americans with the movies etc. Have a similar fascination for some reason. Why get upset at confusion? You can play with it of course. Why even straighten it out. I have finally come to that conclusion. I wouldn't expect anyone that is knowledgable to even attempt it. Why be the creator or even debunk? I am where I am at. I will no longer take up the cause of the confused lol. It's too confusing.
    not even if it means EASY MONEY!? when did you decide that money was the key to MOST of life's difficulties/desires and then pursue it with vigor!? or are you just so talented it fell into your lap!? WHAT is the DRIVING force in your life!? where did it come from!? do your physical attributes have anything to do with it!?are you a BIG guy with looks!? :errr::freak3::spin2::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Catholosism, Catholics find culture fascinating. While not Catholic of course part of my life a small part 5 years or so was spent growing up with them. Americans with the movies etc. Have a similar fascination for some reason. Why get upset at confusion? You can play with it of course. Why even straighten it out. I have finally come to that conclusion. I wouldn't expect anyone that is knowledgable to even attempt it. Why be the creator or even debunk? I am where I am at. I will no longer take up the cause of the confused lol. It's too confusing.
    so confusion and knowing are the 2 sides of the coin of life so to speak!? certainly you have helped correct confusion in individual situations with others!? you dont believe/support the blanket/1 size fits all approach though!? the difference in people you could say is knowing under difficult circumstances, like jumping from the path of a charging rhinoceros!? or do i have toast or cereal for breakfast, or just skip it to lessen the confusion!? do you NEVER face moments of confusion!? or do you just quickly throw the whole thing out!? let it go so to speak!? what takes it's place!? some other KNOWN certainty!? how would you define it!? have you determined how to live WELL, without resisting!? can you jump in the pool and NOT feel the water!? are you a chameleon/shapeshifter of sorts!? how would you DESCRIBE your..................................SELF!?:freak 3::errr::spin2::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so confusion and knowing are the 2 sides of the coin of life so to speak!? certainly you have helped correct confusion in individual situations with others!? you dont believe/support the blanket/1 size fits all approach though!? the difference in people you could say is knowing under difficult circumstances, like jumping from the path of a charging rhinoceros!? or do i have toast or cereal for breakfast, or just skip it to lessen the confusion!? do you NEVER face moments of confusion!? or do you just quickly throw the whole thing out!? let it go so to speak!? what takes it's place!? some other KNOWN certainty!? how would you define it!? have you determined how to live WELL, without resisting!? can you jump in the pool and NOT feel the water!? are you a chameleon/shapeshifter of sorts!? how would you DESCRIBE your..................................SELF!?:freak 3::errr::spin2::

    Ok Lexx here I will shoot straight does it serve a purpose? someones ends? I'm not pulling any punches here kid. My point is here do I really give a shit about you? Yes more than likely I do. Your no slope kid. I don't underestimate you or yours for a second your well learned and very, very knowledgable. Withholding? I don't care thats only natural. I am discretion make no mistake always has been that way with me. Vengence is the myth. Order is the truth. The bang is but a small sound. The spectacular that was advertised is nothing but a stoll. Lay it all out in front of me kid I am not shocked. The understanding will amaze you. The response will leave you flat and calm walking through another day undisturbed. No stranger to life and death. Calm as the sea which I am used to. No reason to get excited.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 01-28-2013 at 11:26 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Ok Lexx here I will shoot straight does it serve a purpose? someones ends? I'm not pulling any punches here kid. My point is here do I really give a shit about you? Yes more than likely I do. Your no slope kid. I don't underestimate you or yours for a second your well learned and very, very knowledgable. Withholding? I don't care thats only natural. I am discretion make no mistake always has been that way with me. Vengence is the myth. Order is the truth. The bang is but a small sound. The spectacular that was advertised is nothing but a stoll. Lay it all out in front of me kid I am not shocked. The understanding will amaze you. The response will leave you flat and calm walking through another day undisturbed. No stranger to life and death. Calm as the sea which I am used to. No reason to get excited.
    sea like ocean!? it has it's turbulent moments i'm sure!? ships captain or an officer in the service!?the ocean scares me!? i get that calm sense when i watch the grand nature shows in the wild of desert or mountain ranges with untouched valleys of green and the pure waters of the streams!? wild africa scenery seems to resonate a deep calm in my soul!? i think i could even become a bushman!? learn a better different knowledge!? 1 of harmony and ORDER?! my problem is i am still entangled in the rat race either of my own making or those i am 'married' to!? i really never had to 'cut it' on my own!? i never really sought my fortune/PERSON out in the wild/wide world so to speak!? 1 reason, i'm not big/tall/strong/strikingly handsome/or FAST?! and i've made so many careless/ignorant mistakes/abuses in life, i could feel like shooting myself!? now that the ills/habits of over the hill age have made their presence/demands known, a comeback seems mostly out of the question!? so thus my desperate fascination with MIND!? and the MIRACULOUS claims!? as it offers the possibility to have what i cannot seem to accomplish in the state i am in now!? and of course religion/philosophy/ancient wisdom is all about mind!? oh by the way i am somewhat trying to translate your english to mine and it's sorta hit or miss!? by your replies you may be experiencing the same!?::crazy1::yelcutelaughA::elvis:
    Last edited by lexx; 01-29-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: If Atheists Rules the World

    If Atheists rule the world there will be oh so much more room in heaven.

    All the other planets that have God's creations can enter Heaven and have much more space to fly around..
    lalalal lala:angel:

Similar Threads

  1. Atheists becoming Christians
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-14-2014, 04:14 PM
  2. A Joke For the Atheists
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 08:54 AM
  3. Atheists Are Dicks
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
  4. Rome rules the world
    By David Ben-Ariel in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
  5. A question for the Atheists
    By Anti_thesisofreason in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •