+ Reply to Thread

The Spear Of Destiny

getting this forum back to religious scams, what do you know of the ''SPEAR OF DESTINY'' ? also known as the HEILEGE LANCE(holy lance) or SPEAR OF LONGINUS

is it a religious scam ? does it hold supernatural powers ?is it in the hofsburg museum in wien (vienna)? is it america (does bush have it)? are their more than one ? are you so fanaticly religious that you have one planted firmly up your ass unable to bend or move on any given religious subject or ideal ? :eek:

spirit - spear it

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: The Spear Of Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by j*man
    getting this forum back to religious scams, what do you know of the ''SPEAR OF DESTINY'' ? also known as the HEILEGE LANCE(holy lance) or SPEAR OF LONGINUS

is it a religious scam ? does it hold supernatural powers ?is it in the hofsburg museum in wien (vienna)? is it america (does bush have it)? are their more than one ? are you so fanaticly religious that you have one planted firmly up your ass unable to bend or move on any given religious subject or ideal ? :eek:

spirit - spear it
    supposed to be back in the museum in Austria. Have you read the book?
    Interestingly, the first 'major' item the Nazis went directly to confiscate when they invaded Austria was this device.
    Also, at the end of the war, when the Nazis had been conquered the device was found hidden in a cave outside of, I think I recall correctly; Berlin.
    It was with a large stash of other Nazi stolen artwork, jewelry and artifacts. These characters were really the slime of the earth...
    Damn, that last statement was somewhat radical... :rolleyes:
    Last edited by coontie; 01-08-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Fizban "The Fabulous" Guest

Sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.

This is the spear that was used to stab christ ?
    Wasnt it becourse Hittler was in to the occult that he believed that possessing the Spear of Destiny would help insure Nazi victory. ?

i almost read the book, got close to the end it gets a bit dark and slimey ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban "The Fabulous"
    Sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.

This is the spear that was used to stab christ ?
    Wasnt it becourse Hittler was in to the occult that he believed that possessing the Spear of Destiny would help insure Nazi victory. ?
    Yes, Hitler believed that possesing this artifact would insure him power and victory. But, in the end, one's personal agenda for why they say things and employ certain material things - their intent, this is what determines the outcome of the quest.
    The item is certainly ancient and is a genuine several-piece constructed lance head of the type born on the shafts of the Roman Legions. If it is in fact the same item as suggested was used in piercing the side of christ by Longanus, the Roman Centurion, while he hung in crucifixion on the cross, that as far as I can tell has never been authenticated. However, it is close enough to the ACTUAL weapon to give a good example of what was used. ANd it is certainly a terrible and cruel thing.
    The Indiana Jones thing - this event preceded that fictional circumstance. If anything, these modern writers and film producers are deriving quite a bit of their material from ancient factual circumstances.
    Star Wars is a good example of the religious thing, re: God and the 'Heavenly Host', the rebellion and fall of some and the 'purity' of others, as depicted by
    the Dark-Forces led by Darth Vader; Satan and the 'light forces by the Knights of the Jedi'.
    Since this was mentioned, has anyone here heard any LATE developments on the whereabouts of the ARk OF THE COVENANT? I think the Masonic order has it. I think that is why their leader and many of them were tortured and murdered by the King in his desire to possess this item of mystical power.
    However, I think it may no longer be here on the planet. Could have possibly been taken away to 'elsewhere'! :rolleyes:
    [that should raise some eyebrows]

Quote Originally Posted by j*man
    i almost read the book, got close to the end it gets a bit dark and slimey ;)
    yes, I've noticed many authors seem to get bogged down in a haze and become confused as to how to appropriately end the book.
    Also, some films, the same.
    Well, while you are at it, read the book: "The Sirius Mystery" - that should stimulate you. Further, do some research on the Dogon Tribesmen of Africa.

To be honest, while I think that this "lance" or spear is an artifact and has historical value, I do not think it holds any specific connection to Christ. How many of these types of spears were made during that time period? Even if it was the one that was used on Christ, I don't believe it holds any special powers. The object may have a history connected with it, but I don't think that the actual object can change the course of history or cause anything significant to happen.

8. 01-11-2007, 03:18 AM

Reason
    TOO MANY ICONS PREVENTS INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WITH SLOWER IP'S TO PARTICIPATE ON FORUM.

It is claimed that the Roman Centurion using the Lance to Spear Christ's side was a 'merciful' act, as there is much suffering incurred being hung such as in the cruficifixon, with nails impaled through the hands and feet. The victim lunges their body while humg like this as it is an atempt to relieve the terrific pain of the body being in this cicrumstance for hours.
    Also, the vinegar and gall solution offered on a Lance tip was actually a preparation offered to help numb the pain, when taken internally.
    There were many cruficifixons such as this, as that was at one time in history the prime manner of punishment and execution for 'capital' crimes.
    Some were nailed through the hands and feet such as Christ was. Others were, lashed there with sinew or fiber bindings.
    They were ordinarily left on the cross, which was actually a 'T' shaped wood constructed device. If the Romans wanted to place some statement regarding the crucified individual they appended a post atop the T-intersection and placed the writing on this.
    The 'Appian-Way', the main road that led into Rome, Italy at that time was often crowded with numerous 'Crosses' along the way, on each side of the road. They contained the remains of individuals in various states; some still living, others dead and decomposing with the carrion birds eating their putrid flesh. Very few were ever removed down from thie hanging. They just rotted off and were eaten. I suppose once they fell on the ground the Jackals and other carnivorous animals ate what flesh remained and carried the bones away to gnaw on in their dens or burrows. A grisly cicrumstance.

just another "object" of faith!?or maybe "superstition"!?but of course,it's claimed significance is in the christ reference!?........just askin...

Wow - that was a very... detailed description coontie. I have to admit I feel slightly nauseous after reading it, but it was still worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    just another "object" of faith!?or maybe "superstition"!?but of course,it's claimed significance is in the christ reference!?........just askin...
    yeah, you're right again, as usual, Lexx - darn it! How do you know so much? :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Wow - that was a very... detailed description coontie. I have to admit I feel slightly nauseous after reading it, but it was still worth reading.
    yes, pretty cruel and terrible thing for humans to do to other humans.
    Today, in 'modern' times, we have what is considerd more reasonable and merciful means of public executions for caipatl crimes - tht is in the west:

- hanging; State of Kansas.

- Firing squad; State of Nevada and perhaps Utah.

- Gas Chamber' California

- Electric Chair - not sure what states are still using this device.

- The chemical injection bed.

Interesting, The states used this as a justifiable and legal means of killing a person, but Doctor Kevorkian was arrested and put in prsion for giving individuals advice and assisting in setting up the appartus to merfifully administer the drugs to kill them. They claimed it was illegal for a Doctor to assist another human in committing suicide. These people often wanted to do this because they had been certified as terminally ill by a physican and were suffeing agnozing pain and physical debilitation. Guess the establishemnt hates to deny the pharmaetical industry of all the potential profits that are yet to be gained by keeping all of these suffrers in the world as long as possible! :rolleyes:

I think the French have ceased using the Guillitone now. I am not sure what method they use.
    I was suprised Saddam Hussein was hanged. They typically still decapitate with a sword in Iraq and most other Muslim Countries. But, perhaps they are reforming away from their brutual ways of the past. I know Pakistan which is a Muslim country uses the gallows. I was there three years and heard about that.
    But a lot of Muslims still like to stone to death and decapitate, according to the remedy prescribed in the Quran - that is the fundamentalist.

Well, I don't think we've executed someone in Utah in a LONG time. Utah has had some strange laws that they forgot to get rid of. (For example, high heeled shoes over 2 inches high are still illegal. This law was passed a LONG time ago though.)

So many states forget to go through and clean out "the attic" of weird and dumb laws they have passed.

As for execution, I think in some cases it is deserved. With some, however, I'd feel better if the person lived out the remaining of their life in a tiny cell with bread and water to eat and a toilet and bed. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Well, I don't think we've executed someone in Utah in a LONG time. Utah has had some strange laws that they forgot to get rid of. (For example, high heeled shoes over 2 inches high are still illegal. This law was passed a LONG time ago though.)

So many states forget to go through and clean out "the attic" of weird and dumb laws they have passed.

As for execution, I think in some cases it is deserved. With some, however, I'd feel better if the person lived out the remaining of their life in a tiny cell with bread and water to eat and a toilet and bed. That's it.
    I have often personaly acknowledged that Utah is one of the states that people of the nation hear very little about, especially crime. Although, I am sure it does go on as where there is humans so there is that. But obviously not to the extent of other states. I am not sure of the population comparision between Utah and other states, as well as the ethnic of the population. That plays a great role in the preddicatbly and actual instance of violence.
    I wrestle with the capital punishment 'issue' in my mind. Often concluding: how is it right for us to kill someone for killing someone else? that is a 'cold-logic' approach - how is it right for us to execute someone for the killing of another, are we not committing the same act? So I then say - this in my mind, okay [as you suggested] let them live out the remainder of their life in a cage with bare essentials. That is really all prison is. And, it cost the taxpayers of the various states and the federal government large sums of money to maintain these individuals. Most who are incorrigible - cannot, will not be rehibilatated. And they do all sort of terrible things to each other in the prisons and use drugs and indulge in vulgar and immoral practices.
    Then, I think I have it settled with myself, at least - let them rot in prison as they will just do more when if they ever get back out. Then I read or hear about such individuals as BTK in Kansas [?] and think - what's the worth of supporting such a beast for the remainder of his life? Also, many others, like a man her that stabbed a woman that was his ex-girfriend thirty-seven times because she broke up with him. Then he killed her three-year old son. His explanation was that he was angry with her for breaking up with him after he had done every thing he possibly could for her.
    That's enough of this...
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    yeah, you're right again, as usual, Lexx - darn it! How do you know so much? :eek:
    i once stayed at a motel 6!?hehe!!.....just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    i once stayed at a motel 6!?hehe!!.....just askin...
    I knew it! -
    I have once or twice in the past as well. I knew there wasn't somthing strange about those places. I kept hearing noises in the wall and noticed little holes punched in them. Do you suppose...? :eek: