+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1

    London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    Hi

    I have filled up a job offer from London-Goldexchange.com upon receiving email from them.. Accordingly my job is to be a recipient of checks from their US clients since they cannot receive payment in dollars in UK. When I receive the check I encash it , keep the 10% as commission and send to them the remaining 90%...I didnt know if theirs was scam or not.. since I know the other site LondonGoldExchange is legitimate...this happened more than a month ago

    Just 2 days ago, I received in my mail a check from a certain basketball team from georgia.. But this what i noticed:

    1. There's no other content except just the check having a $,$$$ amount
    2. The envelope has address from london-goldexchange.com
    3. The stamp has something like Turkie (I was thinking it could be from turkey.

    But I actually ignored all that.. Thinking its worth a try I went to my bank and inquired about that check .. they said that I can try to deposit that money but I have to wait until 3rd week of Jan. to know if there is no charge back.

    the check looks very legitimate.. but it all remains to be seen

    Thanks for your time and I appreciate if you
    can send over your thoughts

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,120

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    It is known as overdraft check scam.

  3. #3

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    I see.. but does it have a negative effect on my bank account?

    How do these badguys succeed in this kind of scam?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,120

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    Very simple. Check is fake(usually very good fake). Scammers expect you to be greedy and send them your money without waiting for check to clear. As soon as they get your money, they will clean up their account and they are gone.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    It is another payment processing scam!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    55

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    Just checked http://www.londongoldexchange.com/
    and on their front page they have a warning about this scam and to not deposit any checks you receive.

    Colin Neilson

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamx551
    Hi

    I have filled up a job offer from London-Goldexchange.com upon receiving email from them.. Accordingly my job is to be a recipient of checks from their US clients since they cannot receive payment in dollars in UK. When I receive the check I encash it , keep the 10% as commission and send to them the remaining 90%...I didnt know if theirs was scam or not.. since I know the other site LondonGoldExchange is legitimate...this happened more than a month ago

    Just 2 days ago, I received in my mail a check from a certain basketball team from georgia.. But this what i noticed:

    1. There's no other content except just the check having a $,$$$ amount
    2. The envelope has address from london-goldexchange.com
    3. The stamp has something like Turkie (I was thinking it could be from turkey.

    But I actually ignored all that.. Thinking its worth a try I went to my bank and inquired about that check .. they said that I can try to deposit that money but I have to wait until 3rd week of Jan. to know if there is no charge back.

    the check looks very legitimate.. but it all remains to be seen

    Thanks for your time and I appreciate if you
    can send over your thoughts

    Thanks






    I received a check in the mail, it was sitting on the side since December because i didn't open the envelope until today. the letter has London Gold Exchange on it. It says at a really odd part of the envelope.
    Suite 2, Global Houase Poyle Road Colnbrook SL3 OAy, Berkshire UK

    however the stamp is from what looks like turkey "TURKIYE cumhuriyet" The check has two peoples names on it Robert Senrio and Marlene Senrio and its supposedly from Conneticut however the town must be spelled wrong it says SOUNT HENCTON, CT, and the bank seems made up Werster bank. I never seen anything like this. I just thought it was interesting that i recieved this apperingly fake check but for what. I am not in contact with any7one even claiming to be from any of these places so what does the criminal get out of this. I just thought it was interesting

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: London Gold Exchange is a scam?

    Well after doing further research i discovered how this check came to me. I like the person above applied for a job with this fraud from an email apparently. I have been applying for soo many jobs as of late i haven't paid attention to all of the emails i get. If i get a response i simply send back a reply. Well i looked through my old emails predating the date of the check and found two emails that i actually remember replying to and it does say London Gold exchange on it. This is in the end a really slick but poorly done scam. The envelope it was sent in is completely suspect but for a job seeker to recieve an email like that wasn't completely unfathomable. here is a copy of the email.....


    Dear "KASUMI"


    We have found your resume at careerbuilder.com.

    We would like to offer you a place of a Transfer Manager in our company.Your goal will be to process payments between our clients and our company via bank checks with remote Internet operations.
    Each payment order will be accompanied with detailed instructions. It is a commission based position. We guarantee that you will get about 10% of each processed payment.

    This job allows you to:
    - Work at home efficiently;
    - Get additional free time;
    - Get financial independence without having to follow the standard working day schedule (only 3-5 hours per day);
    - Develop high self-respect and esteem.
    - Become able to share time and money with others less fortunate than you;

    Common requirements:

    - Prior customer service experience is a good benefit, but not a must;
    - Ability to create good administrative reporting;
    - Willingness to work at home and take the responsibility to set up and achieve goals;
    - Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;
    - Effective interaction with customers;
    - Experience in online work; Internet and e-mail skills;
    - About 3-5 hours per week

    Salary: $700-$1300 per week

    Current Vacancies: 5

    If you are interested in working with us, or if you need more information, you can contact me directly at my personal email address.

    I'll need your full name, telephone number and mail address so I can send you the contract and other paperwork necessary to get started. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    If you agree with our conditions - feel free to sign the contract, send it to me and get ready to start!.....

    I assume that this other email may or may not be related but if it isn't related then it is a similar scam....
    Hello,

    A large European electronics wholesale company Elmer Marketing is looking for representatives in USA. This job will let you make from $500.00 a week. Your duties will include receiving payments from our customers and sending the money to our company via Western Union or Money Gram. You will need to establish a banking account with any of the USA banks or to use your personal bank account.

    If you are interested in our job offer please send us the following information to elmerjob@yahoo.co.uk:

    - Your full name
    - Your email
    - Contact phone number
    - References (if available)

    Thank you.

    If you have any job related questions please email us at elmerjob@yahoo.co.uk

    Yours sincerely,
    Eugene Minsky
    elmerjob@yahoo.co.uk
    ________________

    I now know to be careful when applying for jobs especially when posting on monster and applying on craigslist and such.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 09:00 AM
  2. Global Gold Exchange - No Reply?
    By richboy in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 03:41 AM
  3. PHOENIX GOLD LLC, gold & silver internet scam site
    By tin cup in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  4. Hunter Exchange Scam - Currency Exchange- Toronto
    By negri21 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
  5. Online Exchange.ru New Exchange Scam !
    By yaisis in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 11:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •