+ Reply to Thread

E's 10 Questions To You

1) Do you think that the illuminati etc, are real or merely a folk tale?

2) Why are $$$ all the same size, and does this not make fraud easier, since you could bleach a one dollar note, and overprint it with a note of higher value? (In the UK, each note is of differing size, and that also makes it easier for blind people too, I suppose)

3) Do you support a minimum wage, and what would you personally set it at?

4) Would you support a system were people are paid more or less the same, no matter if you picked up bins for a living, or were a doctor? (your time is your time, after all)

5) What do American people do too little of, as a nation?

6) What do they do too much of?

7) Least fav place in the USA that you have visited?

8) Do you agree that Bush is anti science?

9) Do you think that Bush and the Pope would share much common ground?

10) Name one person, not a current politician, who you think WOULD make a good President for you?

This seemed popular before, so we will see were we go with this lot.

Thanks for taking part.

Steve

:)
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: E's 10 Questions To You

1) I think they exist as a group, but I seriously doubt all the theories about them.

2) Dunno, save cash on bill paper cutting, most other nations including the EU have different sized notes.

3) Minimum wage is a good thing and should be set so as to allow a single indiviual to work full time and make the poverty line at a minimum.

4) Definately not in that type of a system there is no incentive/modivation to do anything more difficult that sweep, or maybe be a dog walker as everyone gets paid the same.

5) As a nation I think the average American citizen doesnt think enough. Most Americans in my opinion are spoon fed right/wrong from the media who are a bunch of money *****s just looking for ratings.

6) I think Americans do way too much *****ing, there is a time and a place forevery thing.

7) Of all the places in the US that I have visited I have yet to find a place I dont like, maybe Burrvill Utah.

8)I think that he is not so much anti-science, as he is worried about accepting research that goes against the republican mind set. No mind to what the benifits of such research could discover.

9) Suprisingly I do think that the Pope and the Pres would have a lot in common, maybe they could swich hats for the day. That I would like to see.

10) I think a good president would be a no-name individual straight out of the silent majority, with the mental capacity to get a firm grip on the runnings of the red-tape. who would be elected not to be a moral and ethical leader for the Children of the US, but someone who would run the conuntry well.

Those are my thoughts and opinions. Good post. :)
    Last edited by Dodger; 01-05-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Good answers, and thanks for taking part.

new technologies.

1. I think there were people in powerful families, at many times, who could influence markets and politicians during early industrialization, and that their exploits have been morphed not unlike a folk tale. Rooted in some form of truth, but barely resembles it.

2. It is actually pretty dumb that bills are the same size. Blind people have no way to tell them apart. They should change that.

3. A minimum wage is still necessary. It should be determined by the state, but I'd say some sort of federal minimum should be $9-10/hour.

4. No. I can't even see any reason for doing that. People, uh, like me, invested thousands on their education just to work a satisfying, difficult job, and now I'm paid the same as a fry cook? If that were to happen, than both the fry cook and I would be better off selling drugs.

5. Listen.

6. Utah.

7. I don't think he has many personal opinions on science, but leans towards cutting funding for research to please a christian conservative base.

8. Sure. I don't see them ever meeting publically, though. That base I was referring to is mostly Baptist, and they don't like the pope much.

9. Henry Fonda. Hey, Republicans don't seem to mind nominating Hollywood actors, right? He is deceased though... I guess it didn't stop that guy who beat Ashcroft in 2000.

By the way, this was pretty fun and a better way to find out how we are, on this forum, than the shouting/grudge match it usually is.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 01-05-2007 at 04:37 PM.

1) Urban legend.

2) Tradition.

3) Yes, needs to be set at or just above welfare. Some people will always need help, but make work a better choice.

4) Tried that under communism, didn't work. No incentive to be better. Why be doctor when I can get the same for picking up trash. next thing ya know....no doctors.

5) Save.

6) Debt

7) Southeast DC

8) No, just very narrow minded.

9) Pope more liberal.

10) Good president would be not just for me but for everybody. I like the Vietnam and Iraqi war vets. They seem to have an insight into what happens when we go against Geroge Washington's admonishment to avoid foreign entanglements. Chickenhawks have certainly screwed things up.

Oh, I missed one:

"6) What do they (Americans) do too much of?"

I think Americans are largely disconnected from the rest of the world, philosophically, perspectively, ethically, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    By the way, this was pretty fun and a better way to find out how we are, on this forum, than the shouting/grudge match it usually is.
    :) Glad you enjoy, I will let others answers these more, and from time to time, may ask someone to elaborate on a point, then do others.

One request.

Could people cut and paste my questions, then write their answers below, it saves having to scroll up and down all the time.
    new technologies.

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment

2) Why are $$$ all the same size, and does this not make fraud easier, since you could bleach a one dollar note, and overprint it with a note of higher value? (In the UK, each note is of differing size, and that also makes it easier for blind people too, I suppose)

4) Would you support a system were people are paid more or less the same, no matter if you picked up bins for a living, or were a doctor? (your time is your time, after all)

10) Name one person, not a current politician, who you think WOULD make a good President for you?

Thanks for taking part.

Steve

1)used to be real, def not anymore (no way people from all diff countries and religions work together, no matter how rich they are)

2)no clue, but who cares

3)yes i do, 7 bucks an hr

4)no i dont support that type of system...get what you can earn.
    i would cap the outrageous salaries of entertainment workers...that includes athletes, actors, singers..all of them

5)they do too little of remembering that were all americans, regardless of political party

6)they care too much about religion and pushing on others

7)least fav place i visited was binghampton NY

8)yes i agree hes anti-science...unless it would help him

9)no, bush is not a good "practice what you preech": kind of guy

10)Bill Clinton

Thanks for taking part.

Steve

1.I think there is something to the Illuminati.I am not saying that it is exactly as it is told to be.I have to question at least to some degree the information that is out there for anyone and everyone to read or watch.But I dont believe that the Illuminati or the Free masons or skull and bones or the activities at the Grove are all on the up and up.
    2.Good question.I dont know the answer though.But soon enough it wont matter because we will be living in a cashless society anyway.Credit cards,debit cards,check cards,quick tap cards,mandatory direct deposit.All steps toward the comfort and convenience of not having to deal with cash.And perhaps a handy answer to the question of how to avoid fraud.
    3.I support a minimum wage.I would set it at a reasonable rate that considered inflation and the cost of living.
    4.NO.
    5.Care for other nations and peoples.
    6.Consume.
    7.Truthfully my Grand parents living room.
    8.I dont know what Bushes true intentions are on anything.Hes a puppet.A fake.
    9.Only if their interests and agendas aligned.
    10.Michael Franti.Lead singer of Spearhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie
    7.Truthfully my Grand parents living room..
    Huh?

Why!

new technologies.

Oh oh, my turn!!

1) Do you think that the illuminati etc, are real or merely a folk tale? To an extent real - but I think a lot that's believed about the illuminati is from folk tales.

2) Why are $$$ all the same size, and does this not make fraud easier, since you could bleach a one dollar note, and overprint it with a note of higher value? I have no idea how that would work and I like it being all the same size. I'm excited that we have color in some of our bills now too. It's pretty. Plus, it fits just right in my wallet.

3) Do you support a minimum wage, and what would you personally set it at? I do support a minimum wage when it's high enough to support workers. However a recent study in my state showed that the majority of people being thrown into debt is caused by medical emergencies and that our state wages are not keeping up with inflation. It's completely true. Minimum wage is still sitting at $5.15 here but rent in most places for just a studio is well over $400-500. My husband and I both work full time and we still struggle and we both have decent paying jobs as well.

4) Would you support a system were people are paid more or less the same, no matter if you picked up bins for a living, or were a doctor? No way. Some work is harder than others and deserves a higher pay. I think manual laborers deserve more $$.

5) What do American people do too little of, as a nation? Read

6) What do they do too much of? Obsess about looks

7) Least fav place in the USA that you have visited? Nebraska ... ugh, it's so flat and boring.

8) Do you agree that Bush is anti science? I don't think he's anti-science. I just don't think he knows a lot about it.

9) Do you think that Bush and the Pope would share much common ground? Considering I know nothing about the Pope, no idea.

10) Name one person, not a current politician, who you think WOULD make a good President for you? Hum... not a politician? Urm... I have no idea. Probably the Political Science professor I had my freshman year. He had a pretty good handle on how things should work, plus he had a sense of humor. (Always good.)

IanMathews, why utah??

1)Do you think that the illuminati etc, are real or merely a folk tale?
    hmmm... interesting question. I don't know.... it would certainly make sense that there are certain entities out there that exist for the purpose of eventually controlling the world... :confused:

btw... I think I read something a long time ago about the "eye" on the back of U.S. currency being connected to this topic... ??

LOL - The U.S. treasury stays very busy trying to run from counterfeiters!

Your system definitely makes more sense, Steve. Especially for those who are sight challenged.

I don't know if I want them to mess with it or not, though... The last time they brainstormed on this issue, our dollar bills turned into a COIN that was the same size as a quarter.. LOL :D

Yes, I support minimum wage. But as far as setting it at a particular rate? - I think it depends on where one lives - based on the cost of living. Here in CT, it should be AT LEAST $12.00 an hour - and that would just cover average expenses - as long as the person didn't own a car!

No. I think people should be paid for the QUALITY of their work, not their time. If you do a better job than the guy next to you, you should make more money than he does.

Volunteer their time to those in need.

Spend too much money on crap they don't need!... "keepin' up with the Jones" - "the one who dies with the most toys wins" .... :rolleyes:

The top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis Missouri! I have a fear of heights, but let myself get talked into going up there. The damn thing was SWAYING - back and forth! I have never been so scared in my entire life!!

It depends on the subject.

If the scientific facts benefit his ideals, then he will exploit them in any way he can to prove his point.

But if they go against what HE believes to be true, then he wants no part of it and will completely disregard them.

Absolutely not. These two are as different as night and day.

My oldest brother. He's honest, open-minded, dedicated, sensible, compassionate, well spoken, tough when he needs to be, and probably the most intelligent person I know.

I enjoy your questions, Steve. Keep 'em coming! :)

1) Not even a folk tale. I think they were first mentioned in a work of pure fiction.

2) Tradition and ease of printing, I guess. If bleaching a $1 note and printing a $100 on the paper worked, the size of the bill would have been changed long ago.

3) I support a minimum wage. It should be set by locality, based on costs of living. It should be enough for an individual to support himself without assistance if he works a 40 hour week.

4) Yes. Fortunately, you left me a loophole. People would be paid the same amount each week. They would not, however, work the same number of hours each week. A heart surgeon might perform one operation a month, then take the rest of the month off. If anyone really loved his job, then he could work longer hours. This is only a half baked idea, so there might be some bugs in it.

5) Exercise.

6) Eat.

7) Anaheim, CA. My organization's annual training seminar four years ago was in a hotel a block from Disneyland. I had the worst allergy attack I ever experienced.

8) He seems to be.

9) More common ground than I would share with either of them.

10) Buzz Aldrin, except he's too old for the job.

Any more, before I compile the next ten?
    new technologies.