+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Are the Democrats afraid of war ?

I find it astonishing that Iraq is not the first thing on the table, after all ,isn't this the reason the American public elected them to office in the first place ?

So all I've heard is they want to raise mininum wage, reduce student loan costs, reduce oil company revenues and revamp ethics laws, these all well and good but the number one priority is Iraq

Is this a prelude of things to come ?

When are they going to talk about the war on terror .....2008?

Looks like I should go with 3ft thick cement walls in my bomb shelter instead of 2
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Re: Are the Democrats afraid of war ?

War on Terror, going as well as the War on Drugs did, War on Poverty, and the War on Drinking.

That is, not well at all.

I'm certainly no dem so can't spead for all of them but a good many on the left side of the isle in congress voted to fund the invasion of Iraq. Even Hilary says she would not pull out until the job is done though she would drastically change strategy. Iraq will be issue number one in the next election. Whoever can convince the most people that their plan for Iraq is the best will be the next president because it's obvious that we'll still be there. The economy and everything else won't matter. My view.

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    I find it astonishing that Iraq is not the first thing on the table, after all ,isn't this the reason the American public elected them to office in the first place ?

So all I've heard is they want to raise mininum wage, reduce student loan costs, reduce oil company revenues and revamp ethics laws, these all well and good but the number one priority is Iraq

Looks like I should go with 3ft thick cement walls in my bomb shelter instead of 2
    They are just being sworn in today! geez.

but even still the war in Iraq and the war on terror are both moving along flawlessly. I even heard a senior Whitehouse official say that the insurgency in Iraq, is in it's last throws.
    So what is it you want the Dems to address? The victory parade?
    Last edited by cheech; 01-04-2007 at 05:24 PM.

And Bush is about to give a speech saying parents must sacrifice their children and send them in to fight a war we have already lost. Will he sacrifice his own children, send them to boot camp this summer, let all of us whtch how they learn to handle a machine gun, throw a grenade and kill the enemy? Do we get to see them in Army apparel with Kevilor, racing to beat the bombs going off all around them?

Do we get to see their reaction to the first bloody child caught in cross fire?

Probably not, because the man is a walking, talking Hypocrite, like most Neocons are.

The new congress is just getting sworn in and they are addressing what the people wanted at home. They'll take on the Iraq issue as well, or not be reelected.

You can't fix the clusterf**k the Republican congress and house created with this administration overnight. It took them 6 years to get it this bad, it's going to take a few months to start getting it all turned around and going the right way.

Lady Mod

The answer is no. The Dems are not afraid of war. They are at war. Theay are at war with personal freedom, economic freedom. free speech, and anything else not conforming to their PC/ marxist ethos. They have had your liberties in their sights for the last forty odd years.

pawnstar Guest

hello frankg
    well look at viet-nam a democrat was in control.
    look at the iran hostage situation, a democrat was in control.
    look at the somali and black hawk down,a democrat was in control.
    clinton was the only president to lose a war with a third world country.
    so in answer to the question (are democrats afraid of war)
    they can't fight one so yes they are.
    their plan is to throw money at the enemy like kim jung ill.

Quote Originally Posted by franKg

8. 01-04-2007, 06:20 PM

what about Roosevelt?

so you think Bush is winning the war in iraq and the war on terror?
    Last edited by cheech; 01-04-2007 at 06:27 PM.

pawnstar Guest

yes Roosevelt was a great president.
    these liberals today are not the same as the democrats of Roosevelt.
    neither are they the same as John Kennedy.
    i would have voted for either one of those democrats.but not one today.

Quote Originally Posted by cheech
    what about Roosevelt?

hmmm ironically i feel the same way about republicans today. I voted for Reagan, but would never vote for one today.

Dems are not afraid of war....it is just too politically incorrect...too insensitive..
    they are the "caring" ones....oh puhleeze. Iraq is an issue all by itself but
    we need a government who will consider "war" if American citizens are at
    risk. We are at risk now and neither side is doing **** to protect us.
    Im a conservative but if the Dems could produce an honest centrist candidate
    Id vote for him....but OMG, not "her"!
    I dont think they are "afraid" of war they just have issues other than American
    interests.

Pelosi is already becoming drunk with power on the first day, get a load of some the brazen statements she's making:

A new Congress convenes today with a narrow Democratic majority lording over a despondent Republican minority.

While the full weight of Republicans' powerlessness sinks in after 12 years of control, Democrats are celebrating the historic election today of the first female speaker of the House.

"We have waited over 200 years for this time to come," Mrs. Pelosi said on the eve of her selection as speaker, a position that makes her second in line to the presidency after Vice President Dick Cheney.

"We will not just break through a glass ceiling, we will break through a marble ceiling," she said. "In more than 200 years of history, there was an established pecking order -- and I cut in line."

After calling herself "the most powerful woman in America," Mrs. Pelosi flexed her right muscle like a weight lifter to much applause at an event yesterday titled a "women's tea."

"All right, let's hear it for the power," she screamed as the jubilant applause continued.

She's certainly talking the talk , we'll see if she can walk the walk, btw the democratic party made her speaker of the house and they can remove her just as easily

At this rate ,I give her one year before she's removed

Quote Originally Posted by cheech
    what about Roosevelt?

Roosevelt would have been a great president had he not imprisoned thousands of Japenese-American citizens during WWII

TheWorker Guest

are dems afraid of war???? YOU DAMN RIGHT THEY ARE, AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO.

why wouldnt you be afraid of war???

oh thats right, becuase you sit back and let everyone else do your fighting for you...you post things like "support our troops" and you think that makes you a real american....

please...

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    The new congress is just getting sworn in and they are addressing what the people wanted at home. They'll take on the Iraq issue as well, or not be reelected.
    hmmm... not from what I was just told...

I called Congresswoman Rosa Delaura's office just now to find out what her intentions are when Bush addresses Congress on Monday with his 'sacrifice' plan. I was told there would be no voting on this issue - Monday is a courtesy call for Bush to give Congress the heads up on what he's going to do before he addresses the nation. Her assistant said DeLaura and the rest of Congress, have no say in the matter - Bush is the Commander in Chief and it's HIS decision - and HIS DECISION ONLY as to what happens with this war... :rolleyes:

At no time did this assistant say Bush's plan was not true, or even in question. I am sure now, without a doubt, that the additional troops WILL BE "SACRIFICED".. :mad:

But, what the hell - Next week will be a very happy time for the Republicans on this forum who continue to support this president's madness. Congratulations! - Looks like you win again, right guys! I guess enough is NEVER going to be enough, huh..

I swear to God - I don't know how you sleep at night, KNOWING that you back the man who now sees the lives of our troops as nothing more than a sacrafice - it must be nice to have no conscience. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    are dems afraid of war???? YOU DAMN RIGHT THEY ARE, AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO.

why wouldnt you be afraid of war???

oh thats right, becuase you sit back and let everyone else do your fighting for you...you post things like "support our troops" and you think that makes you a real american....

please...
    Everyone should support our troops. That is not the same as approving of the war. Those troops are our brothers and sisters and we should support
    them through respect and honor their sarifices, many of whom really did make
    a choice to sacrifice themselves for what I dont know, but thats another
    issue. They deserve respect and honor and their families should not be
    on food stamps or any of the other garbage they are reduced to.