+ Reply to Thread

Abstainance - The TRUE Perversion?

Never understood the idea of sexual abstainence practiced in some religions, most notably, Catholicism..

To place a man or woman in that scenario is unnatrual.

In many cases, people are made to feel guilty for even thinking of sex. How ****ed up is that..???

It could be said if people choose to abstain because they are in the mistaken belief that it somehow brings them closer to god, then that is there choice, and it is. However, do not forget that most religous people are introduced to it at a v young age, and throught their parents. So, maybe not entirely a fair choice, is it..?

In my view, rather than make them more spiritual or focused, this is more likely to trigger of a mental imbalance of some sort. Perhaps that is why sexual assault is so common in Priesthood..?

It's not a belief in a god, real or imaginery that causes this.

Rather it is the twisted way that mankind has applied things, with unnatrual customs.

Sex is a natural act. Try not going to the toilet for a week. See how sick you get!

Over a prolonged period, it is my view that to abstain is damaging.
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: Abstainance - The TRUE Perversion?

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Never understood the idea of sexual abstainence practiced in some religions, most notably, Catholicism..

To place a man or woman in that scenario is unnatrual.

In many cases, people are made to feel guilty for even thinking of sex. How ****ed up is that..???

It could be said if people choose to abstain because they are in the mistaken belief that it somehow brings them closer to god, then that is there choice, and it is. However, do not forget that most religous people are introduced to it at a v young age, and throught their parents. So, maybe not entirely a fair choice, is it..?

In my view, rather than make them more spiritual or focused, this is more likely to trigger of a mental imbalance of some sort. Perhaps that is why sexual assault is so common in Priesthood..?

It's not a belief in a god, real or imaginery that causes this.

Rather it is the twisted way that mankind has applied things, with unnatrual customs.

Sex is a natural act. Try not going to the toilet for a week. See how sick you get!

I agree completely though I must say that as much as I enjoy sex, as I age going to that toilet you mention becomes more and more pleasurable. Wonder how old you have to be until it becomes the most pleasurable. :)

Odd then that so many are hung up about sex, when we all came from an orgasm!
    new technologies.

I gave you the STARS, because, no place in the Bible does it say we cant make love. THe preachers of the Catholic churches they are I suppose the only ones that tell men and women when they come into the priest hood to abstain. But it is unnatural that is why they are going after children with such perversion. Reallly sickening. But to be married under the eyes of God.

And those outfits that they wear? To show what they are?! That I thought has been the strangest way to show and tell the world what you are, dressing in crazy looking outfits. Good article.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    And those outfits that they wear? To show what they are?! That I thought has been the strangest way to show and tell the world what you are, dressing in crazy looking outfits. Good article.
    Thanks.

What do you mean by you gave me the stars though, Galaxy?

Steve
    new technologies.

Hello Steve, well on this forum you are allowed to show the writer of the article what you thought of the article posted, that means EXCELLENT it was a very good subject matter and I THOUGHT IT was better thatn GOOD, it was Excellent.

I am the type of person that gives compliments to people, I have always been that way. I talk to anyone ... if I like something they are wearing, the scent of their fragrance what ever, I give them my thoughts and they are nice.

Hello Steve, well on this forum you are allowed to show the writer of the article what you thought of the article posted, that means EXCELLENT it was a very good subject matter and I THOUGHT IT was better thatn GOOD, it was Excellent.
    Hi Galaxy

Thanks

I did not realiise that you could do that.

I also think that 'confession' is something of a perversion, as well, and often wonder if the Priest who is hearing this gets his kicks from it, or makes him feel elevated, in some manner.

Besides, I cannot feasibly see how a Priest, given that they live such a sheltered life, are able to advise anyone on very much.

Btw, I, being born of Sicilian Maltese parentage of my mothers side, was baptised a RC, did not have any choice mate, but as soon as I educated myself, I realised that it was not for me, and that is why I am now atheist.

My mum stays true to her RC 'faith', however, when I question her on it, it is sadly apparent that she does not have the first clue about what it the Vatican stands for.
    new technologies.

I am the type of person that gives compliments to people, I have always been that way. I talk to anyone ... if I like something they are wearing, the scent of their fragrance what ever, I give them my thoughts and they are nice.
    That is a nice attitude to have, I hope that it comes back to you too, sometimes.
    new technologies.

"gettin to know you,....gettin to know all about you"....!?so i guess orgasm is just "ASKIN" god to put "IN" a "PERSONAL" appearance!?hehe!!......just askin....

Try not going to the toilet for a week. See how sick you get!
    Is that even possible? Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Is that even possible? Ouch!
    Well, I have never tried it on purpose, however, there are those with bad constipation, and it can cause them big problems, however, I just used that one example to illustrate a point.

Steve

x
    new technologies.

knowledge is a 2 edged sword!?do religious texts ban sex!?or do they hint at an existance beyond sex where the orgasm IS the life!?could that be a discription of rapture!?dig up and watch the movies "life force" and "supernova"!?i'm sure there are more!?it's all scripture when ya know what your lookin for!?but as to instruction and practice!?that is the GAP that is the disharmony of man!?interpretation!?so that's why were HERE at scam.com!?to STRAIGHTEN it all out!?...together!?...hehe!!.....just askin...
    Last edited by lexx; 01-06-2007 at 04:01 AM.

US Church offers abuse settlement

Hundreds have complained of abuse by US clergymen

A Roman Catholic diocese in the US state of Washington has agreed to pay at least $48m (24.7m) as compensation to people abused by priests.

A judge said the plan, designed to lift the Spokane diocese out of bankruptcy, includes non-economic provisions to give victims some "closure".

The Spokane diocese serves some 90,000 Catholics in Washington state.

It is the latest in a series of multi-million dollar settlements offered by US churches in abuse claims.

Federal Bankruptcy Judge Gregg W Zive told the Associated Press news agency the settlement also includes a mechanism for paying off future claims.

He said money for the settlement would come from insurance companies, the sale of church property, contributions from Catholic groups and from the diocese's parishes.

Victims and another bankruptcy judge must approve the move before it comes into effect.

In December last year, the largest Roman Catholic diocese in the US agreed to pay $60m (30m) to settle dozens of lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by priests.

The settlement by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles related to 45 cases among more than 500 that are pending.

It was one of the largest settlements since the Roman Catholic Church sexual abuse scandal erupted in the US in 2002.

In February 2004, a report commissioned by the Church said more than 4,000 Roman Catholic priests in the US had faced sexual abuse allegations in the last 50 years.
    new technologies.