+ Reply to Thread

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

WAS JESUS REALLY A "JEW"?

Source: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jesusjew.htm

Benjamin H. Freedman, Jewish Historian - Researcher - Scholar.
    From "Common Sense", p. 2-1-53 and 5-1-59

Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Re: WAS JESUS REALLY A "JEW"?

Benjamin H. Freedman, Jewish Historian - Researcher - Scholar.
    From "Common Sense", p. 2-1-53 and 5-1-59

"Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon."

"This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable."

"American Christians little suspect they are being brainwashed twenty-four hours of every day over television and radio, by newspapers and magazines, by motion pictures and plays, by books, by political leaders in office and seeking office, by religious leaders in their pulpits and outside their churches, by leaders in the field of education inside and outside their curricular activities, and by all leaders in business, professions and finance, whose economic security demands that they curry the favor of so-called "Jews" of historic Khazar ancestry. Unsuspecting Christians are subjected to this barrage from sources they have little reason to suspect. Incontestable facts supply the unchallengeable proof of the historic accuracy that so-called "Jews" throughout the world today of eastern European origin are unquestionably the historic descendants of the Khazars, a pagan Turko-Finn ancient Mongoloid nation deep in the heart of Asia, according to history, who battled their way in bloody wars about the 1st century B.C. into eastern Europe where they set up their Khazar kingdom. For some mysterious reason the history of the Khazar kingdom is conspicuous by its absence from history courses in the schools and colleges.

"The historic existence of the Khazar kingdom of so-called "Jews", their rise and fall, the permanent disappearance of the Khazar kingdom as a nation from the map of Europe, and how King Bulan and the Khazar nation in about 740 A.D. became so-called "Jews" by conversion, were concealed from American Christians by censorship imposed by so-called "Jews", of historic Khazar ancestry, upon all U.S.A. media of mass communications directed by them. Then in 1945 this author gave nation-wide publicity to his many years intensive research into the "facts of life" concerning Khazars. The disclosures were sensational and very effective but apparently angered so-called "Jews" who have continued to vent their spleen upon this author since then solely for that reason. Since 1946 they have conducted a vicious smear campaign against him, seeking thus to further conceal these facts, for obvious reasons. What have they to fear from the truth?

"In an original 1903 edition of the Jewish Encyclopedia in New York's Public Library, and in the Library of Congress, Volume IV, pages 1 to 5 inclusive, appears a most comprehensive history of the Khazars. Also in the New York Public Library are 327 books by the world's greatest historians and other sources of reference, in addition to the Jewish Encyclopedia, dealing with Khazar history, and written between the 3rd A.D. and 20th centuries by contemporaries of the Khazars and by modern historians on that subject."

I like some of Benjamin Freedman's audio which I've heard, but this is just dumb. I'll read this more carefully sometime, but I've read the Bible, and I'm not sure you have dchristie. To suggest that Jesus was not a Jew makes no sense in the perspective of a ton of Bible references and in the face of a lot of historical evidence.

While I was not there, and cannot give firsthand reports.

I wonder why you would bring this to us. The difficulty of believing that Jesus is the son of God is much greater than believing he was a Jew. Since Christians believe that scripture is God-inspired and therefore infallible, it is no great leap to believe that he was a Jew, as it says he was a Jew.

Since the Bible is also the most examined historical document in existence and is widely regarded as the most accurate as well, I find it difficult to put much credence in contradictory evidence without some strong backing and corroboration.

Now if you are just baiting for angry responses, nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Reap_rxp
    While I was not there, and cannot give firsthand reports.

I wonder why you would bring this to us. The difficulty of believing that Jesus is the son of God is much greater than believing he was a Jew. Since Christians believe that scripture is God-inspired and therefore infallible, it is no great leap to believe that he was a Jew, as it says he was a Jew.

Since the Bible is also the most examined historical document in existence and is widely regarded as the most accurate as well, I find it difficult to put much credence in contradictory evidence without some strong backing and corroboration.

Now if you are just baiting for angry responses, nice try.
    The Bible may be the most examined book in the world. But it is definatly not the most accurate. It has soo many inconsistancies and errors that its hard to believe it could be used for anything but a paper weight on your desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    The Bible may be the most examined book in the world. But it is definatly not the most accurate. It has soo many inconsistancies and errors that its hard to believe it could be used for anything but a paper weight on your desk.
    Many believe that, many do not. We could debate it all day. We could argue over obscure points in pulling things out of context and examining the cultural context in which it was written. Since much of that context is thousands of years ago some of these things don't surprise me much. Your argument is not with me. I am not a biblical scholar. I am only an engineer. There are men much smarter than me that agree that it is in fact accurate.

Every person that has set out with an open mind (in my knowledge) and engaged in an effort to disprove the Bible has at least failed and in many cases been converted to believing it. Read Josh McDowell's story. I invite you to embark on such a journey. Not for me, I don't need to headache of arguing about it, but for yourself.

As a former Christian you should know it well. So much of what we believe is actually what we want to believe because if we choose to we can find information or "facts" to support any position. Our preconceptions and worldview color so much of what we actually will believe. For example, many people don't believe in any supernatural or spiritual phenomenon at all. They believe that there is no other existence. Fine, they can believe that if they want to. That is just like not believing in Tiger's if you don't want to, which will be just great...if you never meet one...if you do, then you may be at a disadvantage, tigers believe in humans and in some cases eat them.

Have you examined your actual pre-conceptions? You should be able to articulate them to yourself (they would not make much sense to anyone else). They are the beliefs about you, the universe, your existence, what is true and what is not.

I am not even really arguing with you, I just don't think this is something that I can convince anyone of. They either choose to believe the evidence that is available to found, or they do not. The choice is theirs as is the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Reap_rxp
    Many believe that, many do not. We could debate it all day. We could argue over obscure points in pulling things out of context and examining the cultural context in which it was written. Since much of that context is thousands of years ago some of these things don't surprise me much. Your argument is not with me. I am not a biblical scholar. I am only an engineer. There are men much smarter than me that agree that it is in fact accurate.

Every person that has set out with an open mind (in my knowledge) and engaged in an effort to disprove the Bible has at least failed and in many cases been converted to believing it. Read Josh McDowell's story. I invite you to embark on such a journey. Not for me, I don't need to headache of arguing about it, but for yourself.

As a former Christian you should know it well. So much of what we believe is actually what we want to believe because if we choose to we can find information or "facts" to support any position. Our preconceptions and worldview color so much of what we actually will believe. For example, many people don't believe in any supernatural or spiritual phenomenon at all. They believe that there is no other existence. Fine, they can believe that if they want to. That is just like not believing in Tiger's if you don't want to, which will be just great...if you never meet one...if you do, then you may be at a disadvantage, tigers believe in humans and in some cases eat them.

Have you examined your actual pre-conceptions? You should be able to articulate them to yourself (they would not make much sense to anyone else). They are the beliefs about you, the universe, your existence, what is true and what is not.

I am not even really arguing with you, I just don't think this is something that I can convince anyone of. They either choose to believe the evidence that is available to found, or they do not. The choice is theirs as is the results.
    I base what I said on several books that I have read from several sources. They include both Christian and non-Christian exegetics. It has been an eye opening experiane for me. Because at one time I totally believed in the infalibilaty of the Bible.

But, you are right, people will chose to believe what they want to believe reguardless of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud
    There a lot of inconsistencies in the translated Bible. Just do an internet search for "Bible contradiction".

But you know what the weird thing is? I've found logical explanations for 90% of the contradictions, or what only seemed like contradictions. There are some numerical contradictions I can't (perhaps only yet) explain. Are there any you'd like to bring up? I may be able explain.

TheWorker Guest

hopefully he was not a jew, i would hate to be connected to the likes of krusty...