+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 78

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Studies by the Direct Selling Association show that more than half of direct sellers report that their net income from direct selling, after taxes and expenses, is positive. In addition, a positive net income is reported by nearly half of new direct sellers — those representing their current company for less than a year — and by nearly half of direct sellers who say that they are not very likely or not at all likely to continue in direct selling in the future. The survey group also includes those sellers who are discount buyers and do not sell products and services to others, thus not generating an income.

    Direct sellers report a positive experience with direct selling in other ways as well:

    four in five (82%) direct sellers have been with their current direct selling company for one year or more, and 34% for five years or more.

    88% of direct sellers rate their personal experience in direct selling as excellent, very good, or good.

    85% of direct sellers say that direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations as a good way to supplement their income or as a way to make a little extra money for themselves.

    91% of direct sellers say that direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations as a business where the harder they work the more money they can make.
    SOURCE: Direct Selling Association.
    http://www.directselling411.com/glos.../industry-faq/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Thanks for sharing. This proves that people who say 99% of people in MLM lose money are wrong. This is coming from the Direct Selling Association and not from some random person on the internet who failed at MLM.

    I especially like this line:

    88% of direct sellers rate their personal experience in direct selling as excellent, very good, or good.

    Studies show that most people don't like their job. Seems like direct sellers are generally happier than people with normal JOBs, probably because most employees are Just Over Broke. :yelcutelaughA:

    Makes sense though. With MLM, you can run your own business with little cost and not have to answer to anyone, you don't have a ceiling in terms of income, and you can leverage other people's time and efforts (making money the smart way).

    Come to think of it, I meet plenty of employees who complain about work but whenever I meet an MLMer, they're always happy, upbeat, and friendly.

    Very solid study. I can't find any holes in this at all. Another point for MLM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,298

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This proves that people who say 99% of people in MLM lose money are wrong. This is coming from the Direct Selling Association and not from some random person on the internet who failed at MLM.
    You do realize, dummy, that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry, don't you?.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    Very solid study. I can't find any holes in this at all.
    Except that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry and of course might be slightly biased.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    You do realize, dummy, that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry, don't you?.



    Except that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry and of course might be slightly biased.
    So? Are you saying they're lying?

    What about the info from our friend Jon Taylor and others, self admitted MLM haters.....that wouldn't be biased then?
    :yelcutelaughA:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    You do realize, dummy, that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry, don't you?.
    Name calling? How nice of you. Of course I know DSA is part of MLM industry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    Except that the DSA (Direct Selling Assn.) is the public relations and lobbying arm for the MLM industry and of course might be slightly biased.
    Those were numbers, facts, how is it biased? If a teacher asks 100 students if they like homework or not and 90% say no, is that biased? Questions were asked. Answers were given. Numbers were calculated. You only say it might be biased because the numbers probably don't agree with what you previously thought. Quit being so critical. MLM is the best thing since sliced bread, especially in a down economy. Deal with it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    789

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    Those were numbers, facts, how is it biased? If a teacher asks 100 students if they like homework or not and 90% say no, is that biased? Questions were asked. Answers were given. Numbers were calculated. You only say it might be biased because the numbers probably don't agree with what you previously thought. Quit being so critical. MLM is the best thing since sliced bread, especially in a down economy. Deal with it.
    By this definition of a fact, Jon Taylor's survey would also be presented as a fact, when he claims that 80-100% of ex-distributors stop buying the products.

    Neither of these surveys can be claimed accurate unless the representation is also published. Did the DSA ask only active distributors, or also ex-distributors? They don't say. To have a representative selection, both should be included in the survey. The DSA probably chose only to ask current distributors, as they will present better numbers. Fair, as they are a lobby-organization for direct selling, and always has been.
    If itīs too good to be true, it probably is.

  7. #7
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    MLM is the best thing since sliced bread, especially in a down economy. Deal with it.
    You might be right....this chronic MLMer seems to agree.

    Anonymous MLMer

    SOC is my ninth company. I LOVE it!

    Nuskin, Omnitrition, Oxyfresh, Cell Tech, IndependantNetworkingAssoc., aka(Amway), Back to Oxyfresh briefly, Legacy For Life, ForMor, LeadersClub, SOC.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    You might be right....this chronic MLMer seems to agree.
    Mods....for how long is this poster to be allowed to break Rule 8 of this forum's rules, which state:

    8. NO slash and dash posts. You better do more than troll the forums and offer nothing more than insults and hijacking threads. Keep it to a minimum and you might get it off. But if any Moderator starts seeing a trend developing that you are making this behavior a habit, you will be warned and banned.
    Almost every time he posts, its a personal attack against Kerry, Will or myself and almost always off topic.

  9. #9
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Almost every time he posts, its a personal attack against Kerry, Will or myself and almost always off topic.
    Was a particular name attached to that post? NO.

    Was it on topic? YES.

    What's your problem?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapticon View Post
    By this definition of a fact, Jon Taylor's survey would also be presented as a fact, when he claims that 80-100% of ex-distributors stop buying the products.

    Neither of these surveys can be claimed accurate unless the representation is also published.
    Glad you think so.

    The DSA publishes their methodology and data and they are available for purchase on their website.

    Taylor does not.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Was a particular name attached to that post? NO.

    Was it on topic? YES.

    What's your problem?
    Did we need a name on it to know who you were referring to, you say the same thing about his alleged 11 failures every day?
    No, its not on topic, its a personal attack.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    789

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Glad you think so.

    The DSA publishes their methodology and data and they are available for purchase on their website.

    Taylor does not.
    Link? And why purchase? Why not write the methodology in short saying that "these were represented", indicating how many participated in the survey, and who they were.
    If itīs too good to be true, it probably is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapticon View Post
    Link? And why purchase? Why not write the methodology in short saying that "these were represented", indicating how many participated in the survey, and who they were.
    Because they have bills to pay.

    http://www.dsa.org

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,636

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    So? Are you saying they're lying?
    What about the info from our friend Jon Taylor and others, self admitted MLM haters.....that wouldn't be biased then?
    What about the info that is directly published by MLM companies on their Income Disclosure Statements?

    Are the only companies that publish those the ones in which over 95% of their victims that got suckered into buying their "business opportunities" lost money?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    What about the info that is directly published by MLM companies on their Income Disclosure Statements?

    Are the only companies that publish those the ones in which over 95% of their victims that got suckered into buying their "business opportunities" lost money?

    I know this is kind of an "across the isle" post, but speaking of company made income disclosure statements, did anybody catch this bit from part three of the article Yawn posted about Herbalife?

    First, in the table of active leaders and average earnings in different distributor’s levels, Ackman claimed that the company has moved 93% of its US distributors with the base earning of $0, off the table. Second, the “gross” earnings were shown in the average earnings, not the net earnings. Distributors were additionally charged with a lot of expenses, Ackman said following the former Herbalife non-sales leader’s blog, the expense was around $2,000 in 3 months for website setup, Decision Package, etc., not including the money to purchase Herbalife’s products. Third, he said that Herbalife did “cherry-picking active leaders” with the highest earnings. Fourth, the company overstated that over 25% of distributors would reach

    Supervisors
    , however, data have shown the percentage of sales leader over total distributors has been lower than 25% for the last 4 years. And the last deception Ackman pointed out was the difficulty to get to the top. He gave out the example of Ireland, Herbalife began its business in this country in 2000, and in ten years, no one had successfully got in the Millionaire Team. In the period of 2004-2009, Bill Ackman estimated that the chance to get into the President Team would be 1/10,000.
    Last edited by bibleman; 12-21-2012 at 04:03 PM.

  16. #16
    James R's Avatar
    James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,651

    Re: Most Network Marketers have a positive experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Did we need a name on it to know who you were referring to, you say the same thing about his alleged 11 failures every day?
    No, its not on topic, its a personal attack.
    WOW.....quoting someone's own words is now a "personal attack"?

    The topic of this thread is about positive experiences in MLM.

    I found a quote from an MLMer that suggests he has had many, many, many, positive experiences in MLM.

    What's wrong with that?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


    Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Similar Threads

  1. Experience with MLM / Network Marketing
    By walksthedogs in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
  2. Digital Marketers Inc. >>> is this a scam
    By tekkiegurl in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 09:32 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 11:12 AM
  4. ALL Network Marketers-A MUST READ!
    By MLMKing1 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 03:57 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •