+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clone Arranger :)

Here is the scene.

A couple have their child abducted and tragically killed.

Forget destiny.

This was simple random tragedy, senseless, caused by someone with a clear psychological defect.

The life of the parents will be scarred forever.

No judicial decison will ever make them feel better.

It is technically possible to clone a human being, right now. Science does have the know how.

Now, if it were possible to not only clone the physical form, from the DNA of the dead child but also possible to 'upload' every emotion, trait, charachter, and memory that the child had, would you support these poor parents right to have this service availble to them, if they wanted to choose that route?

I am not suggesting that if you have lived your years you are eligable, I mean in exceptional conditions such as those expained....

Would you support the move then?
    "Ethics" is simply a last-gasp attempt by deist conservatives and
    orthodox dogmatics to keep humanity in ignorance and obscurantism,
    through the well tried fermentation of fear, the fear of science and
    new technologies.
    There is nothing glorious about what our ancestors call history,
    it is simply a succession of mistakes, intolerances and violations.

Re: Clone Arranger :)

My first thought is that like a womans right to chose, the government should not be involved. Having said that, I need some time to give it more contemplation but I may not end up with enough information to offer an opinion. But if I had to vote on it, I would inform myself well.

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    My first thought is that like a womans right to chose, the government should not be involved. Having said that, I need some time to give it more contemplation but I may not end up with enough information to offer an opinion. But if I had to vote on it, I would inform myself well.
    Good answer, Bogie, and here is a follow up for you to mull over.

Transplants of human organs.

In the UK, there is a big problem with this, waiting on a suitable organ, and even then, it does not always work, since your heart, to use one example, may not work in my body, effectively.

So, let us say, that from birth, the cells of all your principal organs were cloned, and stored in a 'bank', so that should you ever need to use them, then there would, in theory, be no chance of your body rejecting that organ, would you support that?

Steve
    new technologies.

good answer bogie!?i thought it was a wish wash!?just lookin for polite company!?that's NOT what scam.com is about!?hehe!!.....just askin...

Lexx man, did I just fall asleep, and wake up in a world were they had changed the entire English language, so that I do not have a freaking clue what you are talking about!

I mean, on ANY thread?

Just 'askin :)
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment
    Lexx man, did I just fall asleep, and wake up in a world were they had changed the entire English language, so that I do not have a freaking clue what you are talking about!

I mean, on ANY thread?

you dont really 'mean" changed the language!?what you really "mean" is it seems like a change from how YOU apply it!?(relate to it!?)hehe!!......just askin...

Good answer, Bogie, and here is a follow up for you to mull over.

Transplants of human organs.

In the UK, there is a big problem with this, waiting on a suitable organ, and even then, it does not always work, since your heart, to use one example, may not work in my body, effectively.

So, let us say, that from birth, the cells of all your principal organs were cloned, and stored in a 'bank', so that should you ever need to use them, then there would, in theory, be no chance of your body rejecting that organ, would you support that?

Steve
    Absolutely. If you are about to undergo surgery, they will ask you a few days ahead of time if you want to have some of your own blood standing by just in case. Aids and all you see. I see no difference with your other organs or tissue. I'ts mine to do with as I please so long as I harm nobody else. But I'm not sure that falls under cloning. I believe that already they are able to grow a liver from just a small sample. I don't know if that's cloning but maybe it falls under the definition. There's alot that I don't know about this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    good answer bogie!?i thought it was a wish wash!?just lookin for polite company!?that's NOT what scam.com is about!?hehe!!.....just askin...

I know lexx. Spam.com is about trashing people and name calling but floating on the caustic muck are a few lilly pads...............haha.......just tellin. :)

I mean, on ANY thread?

You'll catch on Steve. You see lexx speaks a language all his own. After awhile he actually starts to make sense but you have to study the language........haha.....just tellin. :D

Quote Originally Posted by bogie
    You'll catch on Steve. You see lexx speaks a language all his own. After awhile he actually starts to make sense but you have to study the language........haha.....just tellin. :D
    Yes, I am sure he writes what he does in jest, but I worry that he appears to have online conversations, lucid or otherwise, with himself!

Just pokin' ;)
    new technologies.

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

"So, let us say, that from birth, the cells of all your principal organs were cloned, and stored in a 'bank', so that should you ever need to use them, then there would, in theory, be no chance of your body rejecting that organ, would you support that?"

Saw in the news lately that Duke has a research program going on for replacement body parts. Interesting things like growing bone parts on a scaffold, organs, et al. Very promising, especially for amputees. Also do know that skin cells are now routinely cultured for burn victims. No worries of tissue rejection unlike cadaver tissue.

Reminds me of a movie...The Island

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete
    Reminds me of a movie...The Island
    Saw that.

I think some of those movies are made in such a way as to scare us of science, in the same manner that you will note, with one or two exceptions, films about aliens usually portray them in a negative light.

Just a thought.....
    new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    you dont really 'mean" changed the language!?what you really "mean" is it seems like a change from how YOU apply it!?(relate to it!?)hehe!!......just askin...
    Dude-- put the pipe down and answer the man!

Sure. What concern is it of anyone else what one family chooses to do which harms nobody else?

Absolutely. Once again, no harm, all benefit.

I think some of those movies are made in such a way as to scare us of science, in the same manner that you will note, with one or two exceptions, films about aliens usually portray them in a negative light.
    absolutely. Hallow Man and Deep Blue Sea were two movies that really pissed me off by doing that. Scientists have done more for our world than any other group combined, but movies love to capture the worst in humanity even when such things don't exist.

Here is the scene.

A couple have their child abducted and tragically killed.

Forget destiny.

This was simple random tragedy, senseless, caused by someone with a clear psychological defect.

The life of the parents will be scarred forever.

No judicial decison will ever make them feel better.

It is technically possible to clone a human being, right now. Science does have the know how.

Now, if it were possible to not only clone the physical form, from the DNA of the dead child but also possible to 'upload' every emotion, trait, charachter, and memory that the child had, would you support these poor parents right to have this service availble to them, if they wanted to choose that route?

I am not suggesting that if you have lived your years you are eligable, I mean in exceptional conditions such as those expained....

For sure, I support it.