+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The $50,000 Bet An MLMer Backed Out On

For clarity and to maybe ease some of the back and forth, can someone, anyone, everyone please clearly lay out the conditions of the bet, what the wager was actually about, who all were involved, who won or lost and how they won or lost, whether it was a gentleman's bet or a contractual agreement, etc and so forth.

Lots of posturing and pointing going on over this with very little to go on....unless one has to be "in the know" to understand?

Please inform us in this thread.

Did the MLMer scam someone out of payment on a well placed $50,000 bet?

Or did the MLMer get shafted by a barrage of false accusations and mudslinging?

Re: The $50,000 Bet An MLMer Backed Out On

I bet anyone on here 50K that the world does not end on the 21st December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    For clarity and to maybe ease some of the back and forth, can someone, anyone, everyone please clearly lay out the conditions of the bet, what the wager was actually about, who all were involved, who won or lost and how they won or lost, whether it was a gentleman's bet or a contractual agreement, etc and so forth.

Lots of posturing and pointing going on over this with very little to go on....unless one has to be "in the know" to understand?

Please inform us in this thread.

Did the MLMer scam someone out of payment on a well placed $50,000 bet?

Or did the MLMer get shafted by a barrage of false accusations and mudslinging?
    In a nutshell, a member named IBOFightback wrote an article on his own forum that my real life identity was "Steve Nakamura". He was certain and posted all kinds of weak evidence, but nothing bonafide. Ohein56 and Doyle jumped and and had been calling me "Steve" for some time already.

Wanting to end it, I offered IBOFightback a wager of $50,000 USD. The wager was whether or not my real life identity was that of "Steve Nakamura".

IBOFightback accepted the terms, but he started to wobble. I told him that Steve, Stephen, Steven or no other version of the name is no my birth certificate. Nor do I have any Jedi tricks such as my brother typing onto this forum so I can claim that "Steve" is not me. I also said I could not have undergone a name change.

IBOFightback then claimed I had no $50,000 so I had an attorney friend of mine confirm that by posting on IBOFightback's forum that I had the money.

IBOFightback then claims I lost the wager and that I owed him $50,000.

Here's my position: I may have used "Steve" as a pen name to protect my true identity. IBOFightback claims that a pen name is the same as a common law marriage and that a pen name is a valid real name. It is not.

I disagreed. The wager was whether my real name was "Steve Nakamura". It is not. IBOFightback clearly owes me $50,000 but he welched on the wager, just like Heiney welched on our meeting in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    I bet anyone on here 50K that the world does not end on the 21st December 2012.
    'Course if you lost that one, nobody would be around to collect. :yelcutelaughA:

'Course if you lost that one, nobody would be around to collect. :yelcutelaughA:
    If I lose, I promise to pay. You've seen it posted here now.

Nope, I contacted my attorney friend to put the money in an escrow account.

Of course, IBOFightback never proved he had the money. In fact he cried about how he didn't have $50,000 in liquid cash.

For clarity, was the bet whether "Steve Nakamura" was your real name, or was the bet whether "Steve Nakamura" was really just you?

Another clarifying question. Which one of the above was IBOFB's betting intention resting on initially?

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    In a nutshell, a member named IBOFightback wrote an article on his own forum that my real life identity was "Steve Nakamura". He was certain and posted all kinds of weak evidence, but nothing bonafide. Ohein56 and Doyle jumped and and had been calling me "Steve" for some time already.

Wanting to end it, I offered IBOFightback a wager of $50,000 USD. The wager was whether or not my real life identity was that of "Steve Nakamura".

IBOFightback accepted the terms, but he started to wobble. I told him that Steve, Stephen, Steven or no other version of the name is no my birth certificate. Nor do I have any Jedi tricks such as my brother typing onto this forum so I can claim that "Steve" is not me. I also said I could not have undergone a name change.

IBOFightback then claimed I had no $50,000 so I had an attorney friend of mine confirm that by posting on IBOFightback's forum that I had the money.

IBOFightback then claims I lost the wager and that I owed him $50,000.

Here's my position: I may have used "Steve" as a pen name to protect my true identity. IBOFightback claims that a pen name is the same as a common law marriage and that a pen name is a valid real name. It is not.

I disagreed. The wager was whether my real name was "Steve Nakamura". It is not. IBOFightback clearly owes me $50,000 but he welched on the wager, just like Heiney welched on our meeting in Las Vegas.

For clarity, was the bet whether "Steve Nakamura" was your real name, or was the bet whether "Steve Nakamura" was really just you?

Another clarifying question. Which one of the above was IBOFB's betting intention resting on initially?
    If you're interested, it all started here:

http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=1203191&postcount=259

He claimed it was my real name. I denied it and said basically, he would be paying $50,000 to find out my real name.

Then he started twisting it by saying I could have the brother sit at my PC and type so I could trick him, or I changed my name, or I used a version of Steve, such as my real name was Stephen. I told him none of those conditions would cause him to lose the wager, but he welched anyway, just like heiney trying to weasel out of calling me out and not showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    If you're interested, it all started here:

http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=1203191&postcount=259

Cool!

Look at post #261.

What do you think IBOFB meant by this:

Add to that the proviso that you never go by any of those names (heck, my grandfather john's name was actually colin, but he never used it), and that you are the proprietor of the various "joecool" anti-amway blogs and we might have a deal.
    Did you or did you NOT use the "Steve Nakamura" name, whether a pen name or otherwise?

What about post #265, concerning your $50,000 escrow?

What part of this:

Now Steve (pending the other proviso), you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

was NOT clear?

Or am I confused??? :freak3:

Serious question.

I liked this part...

Quote Originally Posted by jokefool
    IBOFightback accepted the terms, but he started to wobble.
    Once again, he thinks he's come to an agreement BEFORE all of the terms and conditions are satsified. Which means, NO BET, yet...
    Last edited by ohein56; 12-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

All in all it's just another example of the delusional world this guy lives in.

Some guy posted this on my blog, and Joecool claims that enough to mean he won and I should pay him. Yeah right.

"I know that “Steve Nakamura” is not Joe Cool’s name. I can tell you that he has $50,000 with which to settle any bets. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
    –Daniel"

Of course, "Joecool44" also claims he's not "Joecool" obsessive anti-amway blogger (while at the same time elsewhere admitting he is) which makes it all a bit difficult to work out what the heck is going on!

Anyway, he refused to come up with a proper agreement clearly outlining the bet, so it never really progressed from there, though I went and showed, using his own words and posts, that Joecool=Joecool44=SN anyway.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I liked this part...

IBOFightback accepted the terms, but he started to wobble
    Once again, he thinks he's come to an agreement BEFORE all of the terms and conditions are satsified. Which means, NO BET, yet...

That's all well and good.....BUT look at post 259 where JoeCool wagers $50,000 that his name isn't Steve or any variation of Steve.

Then, look at IBOFB's response in post 261 where he states specifically that he MIGHT take the wager under the following conditions:
    Add to that the proviso that you never go by any of those names...............and that you are the proprietor of the various "joecool" anti-amway blogs and we might have a deal.

Seriously ladies and gents! Am I freaking missing something??

@ JoeCool - Please explain all your posts attacking IBOFB for LOSING a wager when he apparently did nothing of the sort!?

How am I wrong? Point me in the right direction....because with the information you've given me so far, it looks more like you've been posting numerous erroneous statements in an attempt to discredit him.....

Seriously. What else do you have? What did I miss?

That's all well and good.....BUT look at post 259 where JoeCool wagers $50,000 that his name isn't Steve or any variation of Steve.

Then, look at IBOFB's response in post 261 where he states specifically that he MIGHT take the wager under the following conditions:

Seriously ladies and gents! Am I freaking missing something??

@ JoeCool - Please explain all your posts attacking IBOFB for LOSING a wager when he apparently did nothing of the sort!?

How am I wrong? Point me in the right direction....because with the information you've given me so far, it looks more like you've been posting numerous erroneous statements in an attempt to discredit him.....

Seriously. What else do you have? What did I miss?
    It seems to me Joe and OUT want to say that IBOFB backed out of an escrow bet without the benefit of mutually agreed upon terms. As the upstanding businessman that OUT and Joe are they know that agreements are finalized after offers and counteroffers are made and agreed upon by both parties willing and ABLE to perform. Having the accounts in escrow only help validate the agreement. If there are no finalized terms then there is no agreement.

There are no conditions IBOFightback will agree to. He's a talker like Heiney. Talk but no action.

Seriously, would I offer a wager of that size if my real name was Steve Nakamura or some variation of it? If you read IBOFightback's article, he posts inconclusive evidence of my identity, citing a facebook page and some unidentified blog as evidence.

I know my real name and basically, IBOFightback would simply be paying for me to reveal my real name.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    It seems to me Joe and OUT want to say that IBOFB backed out of an escrow bet without the benefit of mutually agreed upon terms. As the upstanding businessman that OUT and Joe are they know that agreements are finalized after offers and counteroffers are made and agreed upon by both parties willing and ABLE to perform. Having the accounts in escrow only help validate the agreement. If there are no finalized terms then there is no agreement.
    Right. First off, IBOFightback said he didn't have the liquid assets. Secondly, he isn't going to agree to any terms because he isn't certain that my real name is Steve Nakamura.

If IBOFightback wants to revisit this, my offer of the wager is still on the table.