+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Re: Percentage of different customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    You are now making the classic mistake of saying that because SOME people have preyed on people and scammed them, then EVERYONE is. This is not true.
    People fail at everything in this world, even jobs. Don't get cut up about it, if everyone was as afraid of failure as you so obviously are, nothing would ever be achieved.
    And on that note, I'm off for a beer!
    Cheers!

Maybe you'll be able to strike up a "general conversation" with someone, ask them what problems they have, and offer an MLM business opportunity as a solution.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    Cheers!

Maybe you'll be able to strike up a "general conversation" with someone, ask them what problems they have, and offer an MLM business opportunity as a solution.

Good luck.
    It wouldn't be the first time!
    Cheers!

A quick p.s. while I think of it. Lets get this ''failure'' into perspective.
    Lets take my company for example and lets say someone fails/gives up in their first month.
    Firstly it cost them nothing to join, they bought no starter pack, but they paid 50 bucks for some products. At the end of the month if they want to carry on with the products, fine, they've received value for those 50 bucks, if not, they can get their money back and their net financial loss is ............drum roll, .......zero.

If you hate failure so much, why not investigate some traditional businesses and franchises where people lose tens or hundreds of thousands when they fail.

I'm off...
    Last edited by ChrisDoyle; 12-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.

That's just not true, my friend. What's sad is, you sound like you actually believe it.
    Says who? You? Someone who's never even been in an MLM? Ask any MLM with a big enough dowline and they will tell you most who stop the business continue buying the products. Stopping the business just means they decided it's not for them but the fact that most continue buying the products proves that products come first.

If you really want to find out, again, join an MLM, build a downline and see for yourself instead of just repeating what you read online.

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    So Chris has to give "reliable numbers", but Taylor can just say what he wants and you accept it? Uhuh.
    As I said, Taylor at least gave an effort in researching the motivations and actions of different ex-customers. And let's not go down the "who to trust"-road again. It's perfectly natural for me to rather rely on what Taylor writes then what Doyle writes on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Anyway, I stopped building an MLM years ago and continue to buy the products.

Heck, if we look at Amway statistics, 12.9% have a downline generating bonuses, yet overall 70% renew every year and order regularly. Clearly that's a lot of people like me who are not building a business who either never did or "quit" yet still buy the products.
    Please give me a link to those statistics. Wonder how many of those 70% are people who join, stay with the company for one or two years, but fails. Here is a comment on a blog:

Hi Marc,

I am a new NuSkin distributor (signed LOI in Aug ’08), bought the business builder pkg., and to this day do not have ONE executive. I have a very weak upline in terms of being able to “coach” me as they are not really sure themselves. I live in Orange County, CA and attended the kickoff meeting in Anaheim this past weekend. They were very strong in their message in terms of “unfair play” and asked people who have websites up to please take them down and only pursue the business in the way THEY teach you to do it (i.e, go through friends, family, business contacts, community). I have exhausted this list and have more people avoiding me than I choice to remember.

My question is: Can I pursue this using this system without having my potential income being shut off down the line because I am deviating from their method?

Looking forward to your reply,

So no downline, but still in pursuit. The 70%-statistic doesn't prove a want for the product-motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Had a sudden thought....

Why not buy some genealogy lists and make contact?

Ask them directly?
    Would be interesting. But this should be done by a company focusing on surveys, not by a random MLM-critic.
    If it´s too good to be true, it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    Says who? You? Someone who's never even been in an MLM? Ask any MLM with a big enough dowline and they will tell you most who stop the business continue buying the products. Stopping the business just means they decided it's not for them but the fact that most continue buying the products proves that products come first.

If you really want to find out, again, join an MLM, build a downline and see for yourself instead of just repeating what you read online.
    How about, if you want to find out for yourself, but you don't want to take the risk that it is most likely to be a money losing proposition and a scam, if you were to ask chris doyle or other MLMers for some hard standard business numbers for the 'business opportunity' they are trying to sell you?

When they refuse to provide them and try to dance around them like a ballerina, then you have the anwser you were seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    How about, if you want to find out for yourself, but you don't want to take the risk that it is most likely to be a money losing proposition and a scam, if you were to ask chris doyle or other MLMers for some hard standard business numbers for the 'business opportunity' they are trying to sell you?

When they refuse to provide them and try to dance around them like a ballerina, then you have the anwser you were seeking.
    What, you mean personal income and business figures from myself and my downline? Now you know that's not going to happen, even if you have spent the last few months lying that I've made such statements.

What, you mean personal income and business figures from myself and my downline? Now you know that's not going to happen, even if you have spent the last few months lying that I've made such statements.
    Aah. Every time you are asked, you try to twist it as if it is a question that is not legal. The individual income being held up as representative.

And every time, you know that the question refers to average incomes, thus the word "percentage".

That is how you earned your stage name of "Miss Direction".

Aah. Every time you are asked, you try to twist it as if it is a question that is not legal. The individual income being held up as representative.

And every time, you know that the question refers to average incomes, thus the word "percentage".

That is how you earned your stage name of "Miss Direction".
    Read my answer again, I didnt mention anything about legalities. It has nothing to do with that, simply that I dont want to tell you my business.

Read my answer again, I didnt mention anything about legalities. It has nothing to do with that, simply that I dont want to tell you my business.
    Really? In the past you have tried to bait people into that many times so that you could respond with the illegality issue. And you have tried numerous times to bait people so that you could answer that "you don't know" anything about your 'downline'.

You simply don't want to tell the truth about your business because it would drive any of your, and other MLM scam artists', potential victims away like gazelles on a savannah.

Really? In the past you have tried to bait people into that many times so that you could respond with the illegality issue. And you have tried numerous times to bait people so that you could answer that "you don't know" anything about your 'downline'.

You simply don't want to tell the truth about your business because it would drive any of your, and other MLM scam artists', potential victims away like gazelles on a savannah.
    Watch my lips......whatever lies you say, I will not be telling any of my personal information.

If you don't want to take the risk, then finding the truth isn't that important to you anyway. Even if some MLMer gives you the numbers, you'll think they're lying anyway or come up with some justification as to why it's not valid so what's the point?
    Life is too short to continue with pointless debates that just go in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMind View Post
    If you don't want to take the risk, then finding the truth isn't that important to you anyway. Even if some MLMer gives you the numbers, you'll think they're lying anyway or come up with some justification as to why it's not valid so what's the point?
    The point is that a legitimate business opportunity being sold would come along with trustworthy numbers, and the person selling it wouldn't be telling you that the only option is to take blind risk with someone whose morals and ethics are entirely in question.

The point is that a legitimate business opportunity being sold would come along with trustworthy numbers, and the person selling it wouldn't be telling you that the only option is to take blind risk with someone whose morals and ethics are entirely in question.
    Public companies like Herbalife says there's plenty of demand. What more do you want? People's social security numbers?
    Life is too short to continue with pointless debates that just go in circles.

No, it's not illegal. It's not even a "legal scam" because there is a disclaimer on every MLM contract that says you are not guaranteed to make money.

Still, it is a business that preys on the weak and uneducated, it preys on people's dreams of a better life, on their lack of self-worth. All those people are adults and must be accountable for their own choices, even joining an MLM. But it is sad to see them fail....

And as you and Tim Sales have said, most will fail.
    Do most of the people that take college courses succeed at what they're studying? I'd imagine not.

Given that, using your logic, shouldn't we place college in the scam category then?

Business schools make a fortune forcing their students to take in a HUGE amount of information. The majority of it is theoretical. The majority of that is useless.

Click Here!

~ Josh Kaufman: is an author, learning expert and business advisor
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Watch my lips......whatever lies you say, I will not be telling any of my personal information.
    Quite clever of you to pretend something else is going on, and try to misdirect the issue.

You were not asked for your personal individual information. It is well known that holding out individual information as representative is not permitted.

You are are being asked for collective information about the percentage of net profitable distributors in any or all of your MLMs. You could give this information out, or you could do a high speed ice skaterina spin to show that any and all of the MLMs you sold or are trying to sell have chances of success that are closing on zero.