+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is It OK For Christians To Smoke Weed?

THAT's the million dollar question!
    Can a christian smoke the green sticky and still get to heaven?

I wonder what bible verses could go for or against it?

There is the "body is the temple of the holy ghost" verse....

But, there's also the "bodily exercise profiteth little" verse.......

This seems to fly in contradiction, unless the Holy Ghost sometimes likes a fat host as opposed to a skinny one....

But a HIGH host? Hmm.

Thoughts?

Re: Is It OK For Christians To Smoke Weed?

you could speculate that it falls under the guidance of "take a little wine for thine infirmities" exception!? and.....jesus made water INTO WINE!? i wonder why grass was not discovered yet back then or was it!? : :crazy1: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Heaven exists, only in your mind...JMO.

This seems to fly in contradiction, unless the Holy Ghost sometimes likes a fat host as opposed to a skinny one....

But a HIGH host? Hmm.

Thoughts?

If there is a God, he gave us free will, and herbs like pot to help us appreciate it...grow, clip, smoke...what could be more natural?

God Smokes Weed...!!:ylsuper:

Here's my only two quotes about drugs & pot...

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the f*****g effort. There is a difference.

~ Bill Hicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, I don't do drugs anymore, either. But I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day.

~ Bill Hicks
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I did find this, hardly a neutral source though...

Click Here!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    And here I thought this would be a Youtube video of Morgan Freeman lighting up ...

that's because only the MIND is ETERNAL!? ::crazy1::judges::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's

It grows from the earth. IT served a purpose also. Not just to get HIgh. Hemp rope and hemp oil was widely used and also for clothing. Hemp was a huge export item for the USA before the 1930's.
    IT does work with helping certain medical issues to boot.
    Now if you really understand the Scriptures then you would understand that once you believe in Yeshua and claim so you are impowered with absoltue forgiveness of your wrongs and have only the obligation to fulfill the Torah and the New Covenant teachings in that when he came he only expanded the Torah into a mind sin.
    Pot is not going to have to cause Him to sacrifice himself again for what some may believe a sin. When Yeshua elimanated that once and for all for all who claim him.
    Thus we now have a Moral responsibility to obey, but as far as forgiveness that once once on the Cross and he ain't going back up there.
    Actally it was discribed as a Stake not a crux.

Don't ask me I got ripped on Stoli last night. I'm still high. I'm not Christian however i do prefer alcohol. You can even run a car on it lol. You don't know what they are putting in mary jane these days could be anything. I know they spike it with horse tranq in some cases very cheap stuff. Mary Jane induces dizziness. I never much cared for it.

Bro., you call yourself the bibleman and you don't know about the green sticky and how the bible promotes it's use? "And still get to heaven?", you must have gotten your theology from some organization of man, because the bible is dead clear on how you get to heaven, and it has nothing to do with sinning or not, saying some magical prayer or not, repenting or not, etc.

First off, let's deal with how the bible says a person (any person) gets to heaven. I'll just give you the most clear passage, but there are literally hundreds of passages throughout the bible that describes this process.

Here it is: 2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

That simple my friend, your earthly house has got to dissolve. In other words, you've got to die physically to go to heaven, that's all. Death is what you come to earth to experience as stated over and over in scripture. We are eternal beings, and to appreciate that eternalness in it's fullest, we come to earth to experience not being eternal. Salvation only applies in this lifetime, it only saves from the fear of death while you are still here on this earth (Hebrews 2:15), but all have the eternal gift of life within them, no one will be snuffed out or burn eternally in a lake of fire, that's the fear of death that organizations use to put people in bondage (most organizations use the fear of death to take advantage of those who fear death, JC came to free us from that crap).

There is a minimum of 3 verses that directly tell us that God gave unto man and beast every green herb and every herb that produces seed.

Here they are: Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And here for the green herb: Genesis 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

And then after the flood: Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Your making it way too complicated. The body does house the spirit while the body is alive. JC said himself that it is not what enters the body the defiles him, but what comes out of the heart of man that defiles him(Mark 7:15-).

But a HIGH host? Hmm.

Thoughts?
    I just posted this after partaking. High is a term that people give the effects of Cannibus. The host is in all bodies, whether high, fat, skinny, diseased, etc. But as for is it OK, I would say anthing that the big man upstairs has the audacity to comment on three times stating that is what He put it down here for is proof enough that it is fine and dandy.

[/QUOTE]
    whack it:judges:

Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    Bro., you call yourself the bibleman and you don't know about the green sticky..............
    I just posted this after partaking.

ROFL - I wondered why you called me "Bro." :yelcutelaughA:

You never followed up on this.

Maybe you can ask to be buried in an abestos suit when you cash in your chips.

:sun_smiley:
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

[QUOTE=tig;1302385]Bro., you call yourself the bibleman and you don't know about the green sticky and how the bible promotes it's use? "And still get to heaven?", you must have gotten your theology from some organization of man, because the bible is dead clear on how you get to heaven, and it has nothing to do with sinning or not, saying some magical prayer or not, repenting or not, etc.

First off, let's deal with how the bible says a person (any person) gets to heaven. I'll just give you the most clear passage, but there are literally hundreds of passages throughout the bible that describes this process.

Here it is: 2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

That simple my friend, your earthly house has got to dissolve. In other words, you've got to die physically to go to heaven, that's all. Death is what you come to earth to experience as stated over and over in scripture. We are eternal beings, and to appreciate that eternalness in it's fullest, we come to earth to experience not being eternal. Salvation only applies in this lifetime, it only saves from the fear of death while you are still here on this earth (Hebrews 2:15), but all have the eternal gift of life within them, no one will be snuffed out or burn eternally in a lake of fire, that's the fear of death that organizations use to put people in bondage (most organizations use the fear of death to take advantage of those who fear death, JC came to free us from that crap).

There is a minimum of 3 verses that directly tell us that God gave unto man and beast every green herb and every herb that produces seed.

Here they are: Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And here for the green herb: Genesis 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

And then after the flood: Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Your making it way too complicated. The body does house the spirit while the body is alive. JC said himself that it is not what enters the body the defiles him, but what comes out of the heart of man that defiles him(Mark 7:15-).

I just posted this after partaking. High is a term that people give the effects of Cannibus. The host is in all bodies, whether high, fat, skinny, diseased, etc. But as for is it OK, I would say anthing that the big man upstairs has the audacity to comment on three times stating that is what He put it down here for is proof enough that it is fine and dandy.

you are FORGETTING the story of LAZARUS!?

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    19 ΒΆ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
    20 and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
    21 and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
    23 and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
    25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
    26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
    27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
    28 for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
    29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
    30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
    31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

:errr:ing1:

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Maybe you can ask to be buried in an abestos suit when you cash in your chips.

:sun_smiley:
    Wow, that is just

.....NOT funny...at all...weirdo...WTF!!??:crazy1:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Wow, that is just

.....NOT funny...at all...weirdo...WTF!!??:crazy1:
    No, it's not funny. But reality if you shun the offer of salvation from God.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    No, it's not funny. But reality if you shun the offer of salvation from God.
    Reality?!...not if God is only in your mind. Now THAT is reality.

No one get's out of here alive, hence...God's 'salvation' plans....that I can do without... THAT is a HUGE SCAM.

It appears to be one that you've fallen for, steveyjoke...? Not surprising...

Sad...Do you 'Believe' in gods death cult?...Click Here, ...if you dare!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Reality?!...not if God is only in your mind. Now THAT is reality.

No one get's out of here alive, hence...God's 'salvation' plans....that I can do without... THAT is a HUGE SCAM.
    Maybe you can start an asbestos suit MLM.