+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prometheous

Prometheous

while i am a big sci-fi fan this movie just didn't cut it for me!? great effects and sets but the story just didn't make a lot of sense/loose ends. and the idea that scientists would be so wacko i hope this is NOT the real case but done to appeal to the non professional lifestyle most people live!? i have to admit i've noticed this in many sci-fi movies!? and maybe some in the real world too!? anyway, dont waste any money on this flick!? : :judges: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: Prometheous

I did not like that movie either. It was way too dark I literally couldnt see anything the whole time

You two have got to be kidding!!!

The movie was freaking awesome!

I'm so excited about the next one in the series I don't know what to do with myself..........

What's not to like about pre-alien aliens?

Movie was outstanding. :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    You two have got to be kidding!!!

The movie was freaking awesome!

I'm so excited about the next one in the series I don't know what to do with myself..........

What's not to like about pre-alien aliens?

Movie was outstanding. :spin2:
    right in the beginning there is a 'SAUCER" in the sky doing strange moves while some muscle geek disrobes on the edge of a waterfall and drinks some odd brew and then........falls to his death!? pretty weird/dumb if ya ask me!? i mean we never see that 'saucer' again!? and the geek never acknowledged it's presence in the first place!? maybe i'm just not connecting the dots here!? was there a BOOK!? and locating the home world by cave drawings seems WAY too farcical for a private company to invest in!? of course a luny CEO could be convinced i suppose by those "scientists" of sorts!? so ok maybe the saucer was just a HINT of another beginning!? and SEEMING intelligent life just decides to KILL the human race or anybody else that wakes it up from a long nap!? i dont know, like i said, dont make sense i guess but if i try harder maybe i can go with the plot/story if a sequel comes!? : :crazy1: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    right in the beginning there is a 'SAUCER" in the sky doing strange moves while some muscle geek disrobes on the edge of a waterfall and drinks some odd brew and then........falls to his death!? pretty weird/dumb if ya ask me!? i mean we never see that 'saucer' again!? and the geek never acknowledged it's presence in the first place!? maybe i'm just not connecting the dots here!? was there a BOOK!? and locating the home world by cave drawings seems WAY too farcical for a private company to invest in!? of course a luny CEO could be convinced i suppose by those "scientists" of sorts!? so ok maybe the saucer was just a HINT of another beginning!? and SEEMING intelligent life just decides to KILL the human race or anybody else that wakes it up from a long nap!? i dont know, like i said, dont make sense i guess but if i try harder maybe i can go with the plot/story if a sequel comes!? : :crazy1: :spin2: :smurf:
    1st bold:
    He falls to his death....but if you watch, you'll see that his body comp breaks down until his DNA splits and begins to rebuild itself - hence mankind is born.
    Implied is the fact that the saucer/ship dropped him off. As soon as he drinks from the cup, the ship flies away.

2nd bold:
    The "loony CEO" Peter Weyland - vs Weyland corp in the Alien series. His/their objective is all about immortality, power, money, greed, playing God, carrying the biggest whooping stick.

3rd bold:
    I think that this will be further explained in a sequel. WHY they had ship after ship after ship filled with the life/dna mutating/altering biological substance, and what their ultimate intentions were/are for mankind, etc...

1st bold:
    He falls to his death....but if you watch, you'll see that his body comp breaks down until his DNA splits and begins to rebuild itself - hence mankind is born.
    Implied is the fact that the saucer/ship dropped him off. As soon as he drinks from the cup, the ship flies away.

2nd bold:
    The "loony CEO" Peter Weyland - vs Weyland corp in the Alien series. His/their objective is all about immortality, power, money, greed, playing God, carrying the biggest whooping stick.

3rd bold:
    I think that this will be further explained in a sequel. WHY they had ship after ship after ship filled with the life/dna mutating/altering biological substance, and what their ultimate intentions were/are for mankind, etc...
    who dropped who off!? and why!? was the guy tricked or was it an experiment!? still........why do it on the edge of a waterfall in the middle of nowhere!? why not in a LAB!? and even if your explanation is valid, WHY would they KILL the very humans they made/became!? and what does the ALIEN CREATURE have to do with the whole shebang!? possible third party interference unexpected!? your right......we need a sequel to FIX things!? by the way, did you check out my X-FILES link!? i finally understood the whole story by watching it!? ask me what i understood.......it's as much a personal relationship male/female drive saga as it is a alien story!? :liefde: : :spin2: :smurf:

who dropped who off!? and why!? was the guy tricked or was it an experiment!? still........why do it on the edge of a waterfall in the middle of nowhere!? why not in a LAB!? and even if your explanation is valid, WHY would they KILL the very humans they made/became!? and what does the ALIEN CREATURE have to do with the whole shebang!? possible third party interference unexpected!? your right......we need a sequel to FIX things!? by the way, did you check out my X-FILES link!? i finally understood the whole story by watching it!? ask me what i understood.......it's as much a personal relationship male/female drive saga as it is a alien story!? :liefde: : :spin2: :smurf:

Why they dropped him off - good question.
    Everywhere is the middle of nowhere before mankind.....but the edge of waterfall was rather scenic, wasn't it? :spin2:

What X-Files link?

Why they dropped him off - good question.
    Everywhere is the middle of nowhere before mankind.....but the edge of waterfall was rather scenic, wasn't it? :spin2:

What X-Files link?
    another thread called who anyone watch x-files!? : : :freak3: :

another thread called who anyone watch x-files!? : : :freak3: :
    Ah, got it. Forgot I revisited that thread....

Ah... how I eagerly anticipated this movie. The origin of the Aliens.
    My son had his wisdom teeth out, and while recovering we snuck this movie in.
    I'm torn. On the one hand, it was terrible, and I completely agree the lighting director should be fired; it was too dark to see.
    While I enjoy movies that don't spell out every.single.thing for your while you're watching, this movie seems to have gone too far the other way, leaving tremendous gaps in logic for the viewer to try to fill in. Unfortunately, there has to be some logical thread to follow, and this movie simply doesn't have it.
    Oh, it was thought provoking - but not in a 'where did we come from' way or 'wow! so that's how the aliens came to be', but in a 'I gotta read more about what the heck I just watched to make sense of it'.
    Very disappointing. Glad I saw it, just to see the next movie in the canon, but far too obtuse.
    Get Paid to Travel with My Fun Life