+ Reply to Thread

Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

I understand that the Church has the right to decide on its own doctrine and make up all the rules and regulations that it wants to, but in this case, I think they've crossed a line.

In Barnesville, Minnesota, a teenage boy was not allowed to receive the sacrament of Confirmation after he publicly declared his support for same-sex marriage legislation. The priest who made this decision explained himself in a letter to his congregation, in which he declared that the youths in question “chose not to enter into full communion with the Catholic community because of their disagreement with the teaching of the Church concerning marriage.”

In the same letter, this priest goes on to blame the student's family for "their unwillingness to accept the teaching of the Church on marriage.”

What do you think? Has this priest crossed a line?

Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

Most will look at this photo and see an alter where "so-called educated" preachers will bring the word of God into their lives.

I see a stage set, with lighting, and religious looking artifacts that will soon be visited by a costumed person who will tell you how to live your life, and then ask you for money for his advice.

Wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conned for your money and your mind. GLBTQ people have no business listening to this crap, unless they enjoy being upset. You are gay and want religion, go to the Metropolitan Community Church.

Anyone who believes in pro-choice, the right to die, and illegal aliens do not deserve safe houses are also in the wrong place. All this place is is a power grab on your mind. Millions of suckers are born every day. Maybe I should start a church, looks like easy money to me.

Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouse View Post

Most will look at this photo and see an alter where "so-called educated" preachers will bring the word of God into their lives.

I see a stage set, with lighting, and religious looking artifacts that will soon be visited by a costumed person who will tell you how to live your life, and then ask you for money for his advice.

Wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conned for your money and your mind. GLBTQ people have no business listening to this crap, unless they enjoy being upset. You are gay and want religion, go to the Metropolitan Community Church.

Anyone who believes in pro-choice, the right to die, and illegal aliens do not deserve safe houses are also in the wrong place. All this place is is a power grab on your mind. Millions of suckers are born every day. Maybe I should start a church, looks like easy money to me.
    Ok... ya got me. I understand GLBT... WTF is 'Q'

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Queer.

There are heaps of letters than go there. LBGITTQAEI-R2SCUSAHPO....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Queer.

There are heaps of letters than go there. LBGITTQAEI-R2SCUSAHPO....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

You're kidding... right? Queer?!? WOW. And I thought that was covered under:
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trangender

:spin2:

and I thought they didn't like being called Queers... Oh well.

I read the article... "Questioning" I'm sorry, but that is just ing ridiculous. Can we become more divided? What the hell is wrong with people?

I'll have to look again... is there a special classification for people who like to screw farm animals? and should they get special recognition?

People are always surprising!
    ----------
    Looks like there is... Pansexual should cover that one.
    Well, I can't say I didn't learn anything new today.

You know I'm a smart-ass, but thanks for the info... seriously. :)

Last edited by PaulM; 11-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I picked up "LGBTQ" in usage, such as this link http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/glbtq-issues-home The "Q" stands for "Questioning," though I found that some say it is "queer," which is not correct.

Originally the term was "LGB," then "LGBT" to include transgendered individuals. I think it is good that the term keeps expanding and evolving to "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning." As a straight political activist anything that enhances this group is good for my liberal agenda.

FYI, anyone who blogs or is going to post on a message board needs to be aware of all the latest terms, otherwise it betrays their ignorance. To use a term like "Negro" was once the proper etiquette, today it is derogatory. LGBTQ is the name these folks have chosen to identify themselves. We should respect that, and use the correct term. You who are making fun of the evolution of the English language are ignorant, and your posts prove it.

Last edited by Stackhouse; 12-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.