+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    132

    Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

    I understand that the Church has the right to decide on its own doctrine and make up all the rules and regulations that it wants to, but in this case, I think they've crossed a line.

    In Barnesville, Minnesota, a teenage boy was not allowed to receive the sacrament of Confirmation after he publicly declared his support for same-sex marriage legislation. The priest who made this decision explained himself in a letter to his congregation, in which he declared that the youths in question “chose not to enter into full communion with the Catholic community because of their disagreement with the teaching of the Church concerning marriage.”

    In the same letter, this priest goes on to blame the student's family for "their unwillingness to accept the teaching of the Church on marriage.”

    What do you think? Has this priest crossed a line?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Los Angeles and Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    25

    Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!



    Most will look at this photo and see an alter where "so-called educated" preachers will bring the word of God into their lives.

    I see a stage set, with lighting, and religious looking artifacts that will soon be visited by a costumed person who will tell you how to live your life, and then ask you for money for his advice.

    Wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conned for your money and your mind. GLBTQ people have no business listening to this crap, unless they enjoy being upset. You are gay and want religion, go to the Metropolitan Community Church.

    Anyone who believes in pro-choice, the right to die, and illegal aliens do not deserve safe houses are also in the wrong place. All this place is is a power grab on your mind. Millions of suckers are born every day. Maybe I should start a church, looks like easy money to me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouse View Post


    Most will look at this photo and see an alter where "so-called educated" preachers will bring the word of God into their lives.

    I see a stage set, with lighting, and religious looking artifacts that will soon be visited by a costumed person who will tell you how to live your life, and then ask you for money for his advice.

    Wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conned for your money and your mind. GLBTQ people have no business listening to this crap, unless they enjoy being upset. You are gay and want religion, go to the Metropolitan Community Church.

    Anyone who believes in pro-choice, the right to die, and illegal aliens do not deserve safe houses are also in the wrong place. All this place is is a power grab on your mind. Millions of suckers are born every day. Maybe I should start a church, looks like easy money to me.
    Ok... ya got me. I understand GLBT... WTF is 'Q'

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Ok... ya got me. I understand GLBT... WTF is 'Q'
    Queer.

    There are heaps of letters than go there. LBGITTQAEI-R2SCUSAHPO....

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Queer.

    There are heaps of letters than go there. LBGITTQAEI-R2SCUSAHPO....

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT

    You're kidding... right? Queer?!? WOW. And I thought that was covered under:
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trangender

    :spin2:

    and I thought they didn't like being called Queers... Oh well.

    I read the article... "Questioning" I'm sorry, but that is just ing ridiculous. Can we become more divided? What the hell is wrong with people?

    I'll have to look again... is there a special classification for people who like to screw farm animals? and should they get special recognition?

    People are always surprising!
    ----------
    Looks like there is... Pansexual should cover that one.
    Well, I can't say I didn't learn anything new today.

    You know I'm a smart-ass, but thanks for the info... seriously. :)


    .
    Last edited by PaulM; 11-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Los Angeles and Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    25

    Re: Catholic Church denies Confirmation sacrament to teens who support gay rights?!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Ok... ya got me. I understand GLBT... WTF is 'Q'
    I picked up "LGBTQ" in usage, such as this link http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/glbtq-issues-home The "Q" stands for "Questioning," though I found that some say it is "queer," which is not correct.


    Originally the term was "LGB," then "LGBT" to include transgendered individuals. I think it is good that the term keeps expanding and evolving to "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning." As a straight political activist anything that enhances this group is good for my liberal agenda.

    FYI, anyone who blogs or is going to post on a message board needs to be aware of all the latest terms, otherwise it betrays their ignorance. To use a term like "Negro" was once the proper etiquette, today it is derogatory. LGBTQ is the name these folks have chosen to identify themselves. We should respect that, and use the correct term. You who are making fun of the evolution of the English language are ignorant, and your posts prove it.

    Last edited by Stackhouse; 12-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. The Catholic Church Is A Scam
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
  2. The Catholic Church is 200 years out of date
    By Spector567 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
  3. Catholic Church For Illegal Alien US Invasion
    By rogerbovee in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM
  4. Roman Church Denies Mother Nature
    By schizoshaman in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:11 AM
  5. Catholic Church endorses John McCain
    By Rev0lver6 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •