+ Reply to Thread

Is circumcision really such a good idea?

I was never circumcized, but my little brother was, and to be perfectly honest, he has always seemed like a total basket-case, mentally speaking. He's prone to fits of rage. He can not be reasoned with. He lies as easily as he speaks.

Could the early childhood trauma of having the most sensitive part of his body sliced off with a razor possibly be the key to figuring out why some men have issues of rage, chronic lying, substance abuse and other mental health issues?

Deep down inside, could these men subconsciously still be screaming about their wounded pee-pees?

Re: Is circumcision really such a good idea?

Well I hope that many years later they are not feeling the pain. I am all for circumcision but I respect anyone that does not want their child to have it done.

No man wants "Richard" Cheese.

Yep, we're made in the image of gaaawwd, except for our dicks...got it!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    An uncircumcised male is more likely to spread an infectious disease.

The flap of skin left on the penis traps bacteria etc which is then transferred into the woman's vagina and into her body. More unsafe for oral sex too and the spread of infection and disease.
    That's just one of the ridiculous myths about circumcision... it has no basis in reality.

If it was true, then infectious diseases would be rampant in Europe (where most males are not circumcised) compared to the US...
    Are we more plagued by such infectious diseases here in Europe? No, of course not.

The spreading of infectious diseases is best prevented by good hygiene. That goes for circumcised and un-circumcised penises alike.

Male circumcision is a cultural thing. It has no medical benefits whatsoever.

Makes sense good hygiene plays a part in not transmitting disease. Also it makes sense that circumcision could help or prevent the spread of disease when having sex.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20034128

-< Consider male circumcision. There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes. ->
    Well... cutting off the entire penis reduces the risk with 100%... so why is that not done?

Cutting off body parts is a very effective way of preventing diseases to be spread by said body part.
    It's valid for tongues as well. A lot of bacteria are transmitted by using tongue when kissing! :spin2:

However, mutilating infant babies is a barbaric practice. Period.

Good hygiene appears to be a more civilized approach to the problem... and more effective too!

Mutilating is too strong of a description for circumcision. Mutilate is a word used to describe a violent act of disfigurement. When circumcision is performed all pain to the baby can be prevented and I wouldn't call removing a small flap of skin disfigurement to the penis. The circumcised penis does look a bit different then the uncircumcised penis but certainly not anything to be alarmed about.

Here's something of interest
    -< Regarding newborn circummcision, most physicians today agree with the practice of informing parents of the risks and benefits of the procedure in an unbiased manner. Recently, however, several large studies revealed a large decrease in HIV transmission in circumcised males compared to uncircumcised males. This may ultimately influence some changes in recommendations in the near future, and there is significant pressure for the AAP and ACOG to reconsider their positions. ->
    http://www.medicinenet.com/circumcis...ns/article.htm
    So how is circumcision connected to HIV transmission? I don't see it.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

As a 63 year old uncircumcised male, I can assure you that it IS genitalia mutilation even if a minor version of what's possible. The practice is largely continued today because "Dad" had it done to him, so the son gets the same mis-treatment/abuse. Yes, abuse. I've seen it done at Children's hospital in Minneapolis when I used to work there. They didn't give any painkiller and the babies scream.

Male circumcision makes as much sense as female circumcision, but there are different levels of that. Do some searches for eye-opening reading on the subject. More cultural insanity.

I don't buy the line about reduced HIV risk. That doesn't make sense as the foreskin is pulled back with an erection and doesn't play much of a part during intercourse. If anything, more sensitive skin is more exposed if you are circumcised.

And on that note, if I were to pull my foreskin back so it stayed that way it would be uncomfortable rubbing again underwear, or pants if you go commando. Perhaps years of chaffing would thicken the skin so it because less of an issue as you get older, but no way would I want to find out!

Lastly, yes. An uncircumcised male SHOULD pay more attention to hygiene. Once I heard about the problem I made it a practice to ALWAYS wash just before sex each time. Not a bad idea for all men, and maybe women as well. :-)

We made fun of kids that weren't circumcised in grade school

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    So how is circumcision connected to HIV transmission? I don't see it.
    Sorry for a late response to Ohein but here's the information that will answer your question

" A high burden of bacteria could disrupt the ability of specialized immune cells known as Langerhans cells to activate immune defenses. Normally, Langerhans are responsible for grabbing invading microbes like bacteria or viruses and presenting them to immune cells for training, to prime the body to recognize and react against the pathogens. But when the bacterial load increases, as it does in the uncircumcised penile environment, inflammatory reactions increase and these cells actually start to infect healthy cells with the offending microbe rather than merely present them."

http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/1...s-risk-of-hiv/
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 08-05-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: pasted a link

I had an Italian buddy that swears that non getting circumsised makes his unit much more sensitive, and he laughs at people that get it done. I always thought it was only the Jewish people, and in America it was a way for the doctors to make an extra 100-300$, like an upsell. And that procedure had to be paid in cash, not on hospital bill. Europeans I think rarely if at all get it done.

Glad to see this thread is still active. I wasn't circumcised and I have already posted previously that is not needed, but good hygiene is require either way. If that happens I cannot see why there should be any problems for a man or their spouse.

But don't take my word for it. Do the research and talk to your doctor and your nurse. Circumcision is generally done in the USA because of ignorance and the fact that the father had it done to them. As the admin said, being circumcised may still be "normal" in most of the USA, but the fact is that is not normal any more than female circumcision is. And if you want to read some stories that will curl your hair, read about THAT process!

I was not able to stop this from happening to my grandson and I greatly regret not speaking up at the risk of offending his mother and father. As I said, it's mostly done out of ignorance and other bad reasons.

Hell yeah you gotta get cut, its crazy if you dont. circumcision is a given, come on now

Please help our church -
    Your donations no matter how small are appreciated :)

Get circumcised. Life is hard enough without a weird looking dick.

Weird to who? The admin said they used to make fun of those who were not circumcised in school. That didn't happen to me, but I don't doubt it happens. To me, a dick that is circumcised looks weird. You don't circumcise your dog, why would you do it to son?

You do it because someone did it to you, your father, your brother, your husband, etc.

The admin also talked about his friend who said it made his more sensitive. I don't know how he could compare, but I think that is also true. It's a sensitive organ, and rubbing directly against fabric is going to have some effect. And I think that is why circumcised men & boys think about sex constantly. They are being stimulated all the time which is not natural.

The disease issue is a myth. The hygiene issue, but my mother taught me to wash that part of the body along with the rest. So any stories about hygiene may just be from bad parenting or laziness.
    Last edited by nielsencl; 05-04-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    I was never circumcized, but my little brother was, and to be perfectly honest, he has always seemed like a total basket-case, mentally speaking. He's prone to fits of rage. He can not be reasoned with. He lies as easily as he speaks.

Could the early childhood trauma of having the most sensitive part of his body sliced off with a razor possibly be the key to figuring out why some men have issues of rage, chronic lying, substance abuse and other mental health issues?

Deep down inside, could these men subconsciously still be screaming about their wounded pee-pees?
    Why do that to something that doesn't hang out in public and nature didn't find it necessary to do. If it added a bit, then I'd be out with the chopper myself as I firmly believe that enough is always just a bit more, but it doesn't. Great story. Abraham wandered out into the desert, came back muttering something about a talking bush then he mutilated his cock and tried to butcher his son. Look what happened with that story.

Quote Originally Posted by nielsencl View Post
    Weird to who? The admin said they used to make fun of those who were not circumcised in school. That didn't happen to me, but I don't doubt it happens. To me, a dick that is circumcised looks weird. You don't circumcise your dog, why would you do it to son?

You do it because someone did it to you, your father, your brother, your husband, etc.

The admin also talked about his friend who said it made his more sensitive. I don't know how he could compare, but I think that is also true. It's a sensitive organ, and rubbing directly against fabric is going to have some effect. And I think that is why circumcised men & boys think about sex constantly. They are being stimulated all the time which is not natural.

The disease issue is a myth. The hygiene issue, but my mother taught me to wash that part of the body along with the rest. So any stories about hygiene may just be from bad parenting or laziness.
    Just curious. HOW did your mother go about teaching you that?