+ Reply to Thread

The Vatican names their telescope… LUCIFER !!!

Why in the name of all that is holy would the Vatican name the space telescope that they own at Arizona's Mount Graham Observatory LUCIFER?!

Apparently, it stands for (get this): “Large binocular telescope near-infrared Utility with Camera and Integral Field unit for Extragalactic Research.”

Folks, if you believe that, then I’ve got some real estate on Pluto you might want to invest in.

I mean, what the hell? Literally, what the HELL?!

Re: The Vatican names their telescope… LUCIFER !!!

It looks like the Vatican doesn't own it...

http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...rough-darkness

The Vatican's astronomical effort:

http://vaticanobservatory.org/

... and why would this even be in the Conspiracy Theory Forum???

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    It looks like the Vatican doesn't own it...

http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...rough-darkness

The Vatican's astronomical effort:

http://vaticanobservatory.org/

... and why would this even be in the Conspiracy Theory Forum???
    paulcrawl I saw "they live" again. U were in it! The guy at the magazine stand.

......sorry but the thread belongs here.

...........The vaticans pretty corrupt. Involved in ww2 like lizards. "The Vatican names their telescope… LUCIFER !!! Ha Ha. all working for a new world order. I vote the thread stays right here...:vader1:

Except 'Lucifer' is not the name of the Vatican's telescope or astronomical endeavors.
    The Lucifer telescope system was designed by German scientists and is owned by the University.
    The Vatican's Arizona telescope is part of their VATT system... not the Lucifer system.
    http://vaticanobservatory.org/VATT/
    The Vatican Observatory Research Group (VORG) operates the 1.8m Alice P. Lennon Telescope with its Thomas J. Bannan Astrophysics Facility, known together as the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT), at the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) in southeastern Arizona where sky conditions are among the best in the world and certainly the Continental United States.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Facts will never get in the way of SoulBore spouting off something stupid or ignoring the fact that the issue is a non-issue.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

[QUOTE=LogicallyYours;1285394]Facts will never get in the way of SoulBore spouting off something stupid u like lucifur. the poster wonts to know why its called lucyfer. i think its devilish but could be wrong. I see nothing good coming out of the project. more bullshit more lies from lucifer the telloscope!!!

....... post vatican info here

Actually, dude, the Vatican IS INVOLVED with the Lucifer telescope and the observatory in question. Not only that, but so is the Jesuit order.

Here is a link that explains the connection.

Hope you enjoy being corrected as much as I enjoyed correcting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    Actually, dude, the Vatican IS INVOLVED with the Lucifer telescope and the observatory in question. Not only that, but so is the Jesuit order.

Actually you have a site that says one thing & I have a site that says something else : "Lucifer is part of the Large Binocular Telescope, which happens to be right next to the Vatican Observatory on Mt. Graham in Tucson. That's right, the Vatican has an observatory in Arizona, manned by Jesuit astronomers. Now its next-door neighbor is named for the Devil."

BUT... either way... it is no conspiracy theory or cover up and is a non-issue.

Hope you enjoy being told your 'issue' doesn't matter as much as I enjoyed telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post

That site and lots more are bullshit.Dont get your facts from Conspiracy sites, dumbo.
    And suddenly there are lots of sites pretending to be the "official" vatican observatory site, same logo, etc..WHY do people feel a need to bend the truth to make Conspiracy Theories look real????
    And why do people just swallow that horseshit, or worse, look on other horseshit sites for other idiots who cannot be bothered to research something..IN THE REAL WORLD, instead of Conspiracy la la land on Utube??

I feel a need for eugenics coming on, I must go and lie down....
    Last edited by shadowhawker; 01-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Lucifer actually means "light bearer or one who brings light". Believe the latin roots of lucifer suggest light as well, just too lazy to go and google it. These conspiracy theories are great though, keep writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonicia View Post
    Lucifer actually means "light bearer or one who brings light". Believe the latin roots of lucifer suggest light as well, just too lazy to go and google it. These conspiracy theories are great though, keep writing.
    More Pissed off 2 rubbish:
    Something is very wrong with the Sun and the Moon

This year and last year, more and more people the world over have reported strange, amazing and downright disturbing changes in the location of Sun rise and Sun set in both the summer and winter months. Also, the moon seems to be jumping around from one night to the next, all over the sky....and yet there has been a relative media blackout. Is there a gag order to prevent panic?

From the far north, the Inuit have published a number of news stories about the change in Sun positions, but these changes are visible and are being reported by amateur astronomers from all over the world. Ordinary citizens are reporting their observations on Youtube – some with really detailed scientific evidence to back up their claims.

We're not just talking inches here. The changes are pretty big! The furthest north the sun traditionally appeared for thousands of years, was the tropic of cancer which passes through central Mexico, yet now, at the beginning of Summer, it can be witnessed to rise in the direction of Maine and set in the direction of Seattle. This is HUGE, and it could portend some really BIG Earth changes coming soon for us all.

Total shit and nonsense:judges:

Hello. Nice to meet you. My name is Penza.:sun_smiley:

ibc livescore

That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm a Christian so I agree with most of what the Catholics do and believe, but it seems like they're always changing things all the time just to tailor their religion towards the world. What kind of a religion is that? You just can't change things because you think you will get more converts and more money. I think the people who are in control in this religion are crazy. A lot of priests are pedophiles and if you're a priest you're not supposed to get married. Where in the Bible does it say that? No matter what they do, no matter how crazy or bad it is, it will never surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm a Christian so I agree with most of what the Catholics do and believe, but it seems like they're always changing things all the time just to tailor their religion towards the world. What kind of a religion is that? You just can't change things because you think you will get more converts and more money. I think the people who are in control in this religion are crazy. A lot of priests are pedophiles and if you're a priest you're not supposed to get married. Where in the Bible does it say that? No matter what they do, no matter how crazy or bad it is, it will never surprise me.
    Apparently you have missed the history of the catholic church for the last 200+ years. Adapting things to encompass the beliefs is the Catholic church's mo. Look at all of the major holidays that are celebrated by the church. They all have pagan traditions incorporated into them.

Lucifer means different things in different languages.