+ Reply to Thread

Atheism isn’t a cult or a religion or even a philosophy

The only people who say otherwise have a cult, or religious, or philosophical agenda that they're pushing. At least, that's what I've found.

Be especially wary of people who try to tell you that "atheism" has "murdered" millions of people over the years, when the fact of the matter is that this is the farthest possible thing from the truth.

Let me put it this way. Since a philosophy requires you to follow a belief, rather than reject one, calling atheism a philosophy is kind of like calling "Not Playing Baseball" a sport.

Re: Atheism isn’t a cult or a religion or even a philosophy

I knew that FACT would piss you off!

Face facts, they are determined to recruit believers from among God's People. NO atheistic society has ever survived. They only survive through brutal repression.

You have a BELIEF that you accept on FAITH, that there is no God. You're BELIEF is just a valid as the Islamic BELIEF that MudHamMud rode to Heaven on a horse and that those things that aren't permitted on earth (adultery) is the REWARD of Islam.

Those who reject the TRUE God have become fools.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by jason zod View Post
    You have a BELIEF that you accept on FAITH, that there is no God. You're BELIEF is just a valid as the Islamic BELIEF that MudHamMud rode to Heaven on a horse and that those things that aren't permitted on earth (adultery) is the REWARD of Islam.

Those who reject the TRUE God have become fools.
    You're just stupid.

Atheists base their position on the lack of proof for any supernatural deity.

There exists no evidence for any supernatural being....NONE.

No more, no less.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    You're just stupid.

Atheists base their position on the lack of proof for any supernatural deity.

There exists no evidence for any supernatural being....NONE.

No more, no less.
    Of course, those atheist are hypocrites because the they have no evidence for a natural cause explanation for the universe.

Of course, those atheist are hypocrites because the they have no evidence for a natural cause explanation for the universe.
    Well, Cnance, you could always E-mail this "Religious Scams" room to Stephen Hawking.

He might just want to join in the fun.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Of course, the above post displays his stupidity by not understanding, one has nothing to to with the other.

What he dishonestly will not admit is, even if science cannot currently explain how it all happened via natural causes, that does not mean a mythical sky fairy is the default explanation.

What he dishonestly will not admit is, he has to be able to support his contention for the existence of a mythical sky fairy independently.

He cannot.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.