+ Reply to Thread

Why did the Philistines let Samson's hair grow back?

They KNEW he was super-strong when he had long hair!

That's why they chopped off all his hair when they got Delilah to love him up and get him drunk have him fall asleep in her arms!

So they KNEW that was the secret behind his strength. So they keep him as a prisoner for quite a long time, putting him on display as a prisoner of war, and they let his HAIR grow back!

So he gets strong and muscular again, which allows him to bring the temple down around their heads!

Were they stupid or what? Sounds like a freakin' SCAM STORY to me!

Re: Why did the Philistines let Samson's hair grow back?

i found THIS by GOOGLING!? Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes.” ::freak3::spin2::smurf:
    Last edited by lexx; 11-28-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I guess my question was of the smart-ass, rhetorical variety. Thanks for Googling for me though!

YOPJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    I guess my question was of the smart-ass, rhetorical variety. Thanks for Googling for me though!

YOPJ
    my OWN curiosity got me!? :::spin2::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

YOPJ
    if it WAS smart-ass as you say, the answer was meant for me and not you?! which means, even a smart-ass is USEFUL!? unless of course i did it just for you?! of course i could have done it for BOTH of us even though it started as an impulse to serve YOU out of the CURIOSITY you generated in me by your new postings trying to see if you know something I DONT!? and if you were smart-ass for sarcastic purposes rather than curiosity it dont mean you didn't get curious about the answer i provided even if it only was to verify my findings, or to wonder if i know something you dont!? but in reality, it all comes down to KNOWING what makes 1 GO!? as in TICK of the TICKER!? who wins is the QUICKER, to stop or to go, to be best of show, is the SLICKER, deserving the STICKER, of approval!? :yelcutelaughA: :freak3: :chicken: :

I didn't respond to this when it was first posted....mainly because the question didn't match the facts in the text, as you, lexx, pointed out.

His hair gave him strength, based on an oath to the Lord...

When it was cut, he lost his strength because his oath was broken.

When he cried out to God, he was given strength again. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    I didn't respond to this when it was first posted....mainly because the question didn't match the facts in the text, as you, lexx, pointed out.

His hair gave him strength, based on an oath to the Lord...

When it was cut, he lost his strength because his oath was broken.

When he cried out to God, he was given strength again. End of story.
    nutshell synopsis is my fav!? though most dont settle for it!? :1crysad::rotz::

They KNEW he was super-strong when he had long hair!

That's why they chopped off all his hair when they got Delilah to love him up and get him drunk have him fall asleep in her arms!

So they KNEW that was the secret behind his strength. So they keep him as a prisoner for quite a long time, putting him on display as a prisoner of war, and they let his HAIR grow back!

So he gets strong and muscular again, which allows him to bring the temple down around their heads!

Were they stupid or what? Sounds like a freakin' SCAM STORY to me!
    Because the Philistines wrote the Samson story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    Because the Philistines wrote the Samson story lol.
    PROVE IT!? maybe it's just a losers imaginary attack on the aristocracy of old!? ::yelcutelaughA::crazy1::smurf:

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    PROVE IT!? maybe it's just a losers imaginary attack on the aristocracy of old!? ::yelcutelaughA::crazy1::smurf:
    LOL Lexx its an offhand comment. I have had some really close Philistine friends. Some imagine they don't exsist. They are very, very passionate people. Very colorful. Sometimes mischievous. You might just mark that up to me recalling some friendships. I remember one Christmas. My friend grabbed my arm and said lets go get a Christmas tree lol. He had a chainsaw and we went to the side of a freeway near an exit ramp and cut down a pine tree lol went back to his house and decorated it. Sat there most of the night making and drinking margarita's with his GF and daughter. Them with their straight faces me laughing all night long them pretending nothing was going on lol.

Semetic people and the way they view the world and Christianty can be really hysterical, lol.
    Last edited by Jorkin61; 01-14-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorkin61 View Post
    LOL Lexx its an offhand comment. I have had some really close Philistine friends. Some imagine they don't exsist. They are very, very passionate people. Very colorful. Sometimes mischievous. You might just mark that up to me recalling some friendships. I remember one Christmas. My friend grabbed my arm and said lets go get a Christmas tree lol. He had a chainsaw and we went to the side of a freeway near an exit ramp and cut down a pine tree lol went back to his house and decorated it. Sat there most of the night making and drinking margarita's with his GF and daughter. Them with their straight faces me laughing all night long them pretending nothing was going on lol.

Semetic people and the way they view the world and Christianty can be really hysterical, lol.
    sorta gathered it was offhand!? are you 61 yrs old!? you in the USA!? what's your background upbringing like!? you still work for a living!? what field!? ever been married!? you gay!? ::freak3::spin2::