+ Reply to Thread

How will the end of the world take place? Will it be because of man or due to natural causes?

Some people say the world will end with a bang. Others say a whimper. Poet Robert Frost said that some believed the world would end in fire, and others, ice. Recently, I've been reading up on all the many ways that the world - or, rather, life on Planet Earth as we know it - might come to an end.

Currently, I am leaning towards some huge, colossal event precipitating a partial breakdown in civilization that causes a cascade of factors that will ultimately lead to a world that is almost unrecognizable to the one in which we currently live.

So, will this catastrophic event be man-made or natural? It could be either, the results would be the same. Some of the most pressing natural catastrophes include 1. being struck by a large asteroid - we are very much overdue for a big impact, in fact - 2. a super-volcanic event occurring in the American Yellowstone caldera - again, we're overdue, and this will kill MILLIONS overnight - and 3. the collapse of the seabed by the Canary islands, which will cause a tsunami that will wipe out the entire Eastern seaboard in the USA (which is the most important part of the world, economically and culturally).

The repercussions of any one of these natural catastrophes would be world-changing for everyone on the face of the planet. How would YOUR life be impacted by one of these events? Do you think you'd be among those instantly killed? Or will you be among the straggling survivors left to wander a desolated Earth, envying the dead that left you behind?

Kind of depressing, ain't it.

Re: How will the end of the world take place? Will it be because of man or due to natural causes?

asteroid or volcano seem the most likely sudden death/slow death scenario's!? volcano bein the more likely!? iceland could be the source!? of course this would mostly involve the northern hemisphere but could eventually poison the south too!? ::errr:::angel:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: How will the end of the world take place? Will it be because of man or due to natural causes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    Some people say the world will end with a bang. Others say a whimper. Poet Robert Frost said that some believed the world would end in fire, and others, ice. Recently, I've been reading up on all the many ways that the world - or, rather, life on Planet Earth as we know it - might come to an end.

Currently, I am leaning towards some huge, colossal event precipitating a partial breakdown in civilization that causes a cascade of factors that will ultimately lead to a world that is almost unrecognizable to the one in which we currently live.

So, will this catastrophic event be man-made or natural? It could be either, the results would be the same. Some of the most pressing natural catastrophes include 1. being struck by a large asteroid - we are very much overdue for a big impact, in fact - 2. a super-volcanic event occurring in the American Yellowstone caldera - again, we're overdue, and this will kill MILLIONS overnight - and 3. the collapse of the seabed by the Canary islands, which will cause a tsunami that will wipe out the entire Eastern seaboard in the USA (which is the most important part of the world, economically and culturally).

The repercussions of any one of these natural catastrophes would be world-changing for everyone on the face of the planet. How would YOUR life be impacted by one of these events? Do you think you'd be among those instantly killed? Or will you be among the straggling survivors left to wander a desolated Earth, envying the dead that left you behind?

I'm pretty sure that the end of the world will happen by us passing out of it at our death. I mean, if the "experts" are right, this thing has been here for billions of years, so the end of the world taking place in any year is a least 1 in 4.6 billion or so (and getting slimmer by the year). But say the bible is right, World without End, means the world is not ending itself, but just for each of us as we pass out of it into reality.

Nothing really depressing about it. We're in good hands. If there is a terrible catastrophy, and you do envy the dead, then it is not very hard to join them.
    whack it:judges:

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by tig View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the end of the world will happen by us passing out of it at our death. I mean, if the "experts" are right, this thing has been here for billions of years, so the end of the world taking place in any year is a least 1 in 4.6 billion or so (and getting slimmer by the year). But say the bible is right, World without End, means the world is not ending itself, but just for each of us as we pass out of it into reality.

Nothing really depressing about it. We're in good hands. If there is a terrible catastrophy, and you do envy the dead, then it is not very hard to join them.
    The end of the world happens when you die. You turn back into dust...that's it, lights out.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    The end of the world happens when you die. You turn back into dust...that's it, lights out.
    Had to pinch myself....are we in agreement on this one? We said the same thing anyway. Though, I don't think it's lights out (many who have died and came back also conclude this very same thing), I think it's lights on at that point.
    whack it:judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post

Man is incapable of bringing the end of the world, he is simply too small, with tools that are too small. A human is to the Earth what half a bacteria cell is to the human body in size. (1/2 of a micron)

Quote Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
    Man is incapable of bringing the end of the world, he is simply too small, with tools that are too small. A human is to the Earth what half a bacteria cell is to the human body in size. (1/2 of a micron)

While we cannot literally destroy the planet we do have the capability to wipe out nearly all life on Earth.

well,a NEW POSSIBLITY has been suggested with more EXTENSIVE effects!? the WHOLE SHEBANG!? :judges::

http://news.yahoo.com/higgs-boson-pa...152236961.html
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you