+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    132

    Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    I believe Mitt Romney may well have been the worst possible Republican candidate to put up against Barack Obama for President of the United States. Why? Well, for a few reasons.

    First of all, there were a great many things about him that turned off the Republican base.

    Even though people don't like to bring it up, his Mormonism obviously played a role, especially when you consider that the GOP voter base is mostly Evangelical Christian, and the Evangelical point of view re: Mormonism is that it is a strange New Age type cult that merely masquerades as a Christian sect. Anybody who's done any research into the underlying beliefs of Mormonism is well aware of this.

    Also, there's the fact that he was once the governor of the very liberal state of Massachusetts, where he initiated his own form of mandatory healthcare called Romneycare!

    So, when you take these facts into account, is it possible that Mitt Romney was the worst candidate for the Republicans to run against Obama? Maybe only if you don't consider how bad the alternatives were! (Newt the Grinch Gingrich, Slick Rick Santorum and Texas Toast Perry!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Of course he was not the best candidate to have run against Obama... he lost didn't he?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Who would have been better suited?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Who would have been better suited?
    Don't know... probably someone who would have won. We'll see how things pan out in 2016

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Don't know... probably someone who would have won.


    LOL - Oversimplified answer.

    I don't have a good one either...but I'm not necessarily against Obama either.........

    So confused!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    LOL - Oversimplified answer.

    I don't have a good one either...but I'm not necessarily against Obama either.........

    So confused!
    Of course it is. It's too soon to tell about 2016 and there is little point in haggling about who might have defeated Obama since there were, clearly, no suitable candidates.

    Personally, I believe the election to be over and that instead of focusing on woulda, shoulda, coulda scenarios we need to tackle the job at hand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    we need to tackle the job at hand.


    How is that panning out concerning the budget?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    No. McCain was worse.

    At least Romney competed. McCain just lay down.



    .
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Opinion's Avatar
    Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hoboken, New Jersey
    Posts
    358

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    I don't know about being the worst but he was the most soul-less robot they ever put forward.

    McCain was so out of touch too, I agree. Palin was a bad gamble.
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,414

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Of course it is. It's too soon to tell about 2016 and there is little point in haggling about who might have defeated Obama since there were, clearly, no suitable candidates.

    Personally, I believe the election to be over and that instead of focusing on woulda, shoulda, coulda scenarios we need to tackle the job at hand.

    " ... there were, clearly, no suitable candidates."

    Yup, I'll grant ya that. And no suitable policy to stand on either.

    "Let's go back to what fucked everything up in the first place!" ain't much of a campagin slogan.
    Yeah, but hey, we're white!
    Romney/Ryan Campaign 2012

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,902

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    I believe Mitt Romney may well have been the worst possible Republican candidate to put up against Barack Obama for President of the United States. Why? Well, for a few reasons.

    First of all, there were a great many things about him that turned off the Republican base.

    Even though people don't like to bring it up, his Mormonism obviously played a role, especially when you consider that the GOP voter base is mostly Evangelical Christian, and the Evangelical point of view re: Mormonism is that it is a strange New Age type cult that merely masquerades as a Christian sect. Anybody who's done any research into the underlying beliefs of Mormonism is well aware of this.

    Also, there's the fact that he was once the governor of the very liberal state of Massachusetts, where he initiated his own form of mandatory healthcare called Romneycare!

    So, when you take these facts into account, is it possible that Mitt Romney was the worst candidate for the Republicans to run against Obama? Maybe only if you don't consider how bad the alternatives were! (Newt the Grinch Gingrich, Slick Rick Santorum and Texas Toast Perry!
    Bod Dole was worse. He was way to STIFF.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    Do you mean out of people who actually got the nomination? Because if not Santorum or Bachmann would have been far, far worse.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Was Mitt Romney the Worst Republican Candidate Ever?

    No Mitt Romney was not the worst Republican candidate ever but Obama may well be the worst Democrat. LOL

    Sorry people but really a dumb thread.

Similar Threads

  1. I like Mitt Romney now
    By Administrator in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
  2. Mitt Romney MLM
    By Administrator in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
  3. Mitt Romney Is A Wimp
    By Administrator in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
  4. The Republican Candidate For President
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 09:14 PM
  5. Mitt Romney Big Death
    By cranston36 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 04:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •