+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 81 to 88 of 88

  1. #81
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    I just read thru this thread (don't spend much time down here -- too many haters) and reading the Swede's posts, I see "Answer a fool according to his folly..." applies here. :yelcutelaughA: Unfortunately, I won't respond to every "contradiction" he pulls from a website. I don't have that much time. Showing him that he is wrong 2 - 3 times should tell a reasonable man that he needs to reconsider his own flawed logic. I know he won't change, but an honest man would.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Answer a fool according to his folly
    Actually a good idea. I will use it when responding to you.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    I will. It is not permissible, but He "allows" you to do it BECAUSE OF THE HARDNESS OF YOUR HEART. But if you do divorce -- and remarry -- you've committed adultery, because you made a solemn VOW before God. Adultery is a capital sin in the eyes of God. Man's world may not punish you, but there is an accounting that you should take seriously.
    Sorry, wrong answer.

    The correct answer is:

    5. All of the above

    The alternatives I listed are all directly from the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    I just read thru this thread (don't spend much time down here -- too many haters) and reading the Swede's posts, I see "Answer a fool according to his folly..." applies here. :yelcutelaughA: Unfortunately, I won't respond to every "contradiction" he pulls from a website. I don't have that much time. Showing him that he is wrong 2 - 3 times should tell a reasonable man that he needs to reconsider his own flawed logic. I know he won't change, but an honest man would.
    Don't worry, "the Swede" will not list all the contradictions, you don't have to answer to them all.

    I posted some just to point out the folly in Knotical's original statement.

    The contradictions are there. Closing your eyes to them and pretending they don't exist will not make them go away. Bending your back backwards to come up with explanations why they are not contradictions is just silly, it won't change the fact that they are there.

    Why is it so hard to accept that the Bible is a document compiled by many persons, written in the context of many different cultures over thousands of years?

    It's a compilations of many person interpretations of what they considered to be the word of God. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Clinging on to a belief that the text is without contradictions and infallable in every respect because you have been told so... that's submission to authorities. Some people need that to feel comfortable. But it's also dangerous. Just look at some Islamic countries what happens when old scriptures are regarded as infallable.

    You can be close to God and be in peace with your own spirituality without submitting to dogmatic beliefs invented by others.
    I actually think it's easier to be close to God without having a book between you and Him. At least it is for me.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    I just read thru this thread (don't spend much time down here -- too many haters) and reading the Swede's posts, I see "Answer a fool according to his folly..." applies here. :yelcutelaughA: Unfortunately, I won't respond to every "contradiction" he pulls from a website. I don't have that much time. Showing him that he is wrong 2 - 3 times should tell a reasonable man that he needs to reconsider his own flawed logic. I know he won't change, but an honest man would.
    so that's your PROBLEM......you dont GET DOWN enough!? and i just had the thought or is it revelation.........if you can RESOLVE any SAID contradiction in the bible WHY cant you RESOLVE any SEEMING contradiction in POLITICS!? : :yelcutelaughA: :chicken: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. 02-01-2014, 11:33 PM


  5. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I thought dreams were meant to be revealing. I guess we have to disregard what OT Jews said about their dreams. :2gunsfiring_v1::judges::rasta::
    OH HEY, i forgot (on purpose) to mention i had a god dream!? not like yours though!? so why do i say it was a god dream!? because of what the main female character SAID!? quite Uncharacteristic of my potential DREAM mates you might say!? and when i thought about the whole dream shortly after, it sorta was also a symbolic map of my PENDING relationship with god!? that's if i'm readin it right!? :chicken: : :crazy1: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  6. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    I am not pretending they don't exist, they simply don't exist.

    I would be willing to clarify some of these "contradictions" for you, but there some things you need to understand first. Anything read in the Bible must be taken in the context in which it was written. Also, any perceived contradiction of how Jesus responds to the Law is merely a common misunderstanding of how He actually came to fulfill/clarify the Law and not replace it, or do away with it.

    Go ahead and highlight a contradiction.
    interesting point about fulfil the law, not abolish it!? lots of references on HOW to fulfil the LAW SUGGESTED by him also!? but of WHAT use are they if at any given time in your life, you automatically REACT to a certain situation in an HONEST EMOTIONAL way, even if you KNOW that BETTER is suggested!? even paul says i do what i would NOT do!? which makes me think of the other day when i noticed a wiper mark in the glass of my wife's car she told me to try and clean off for her!? i told her it was not cleanable and was from damaging the wiper in cold weather by chopping ice off it!? she VEHEMENTLY denied ever chopping ice off wiper!? my first thought was........why so UPSET about it!? why do so many feel this INNER PERSECUTION of FAULT finding since...........LATELY?! what's the CAUSE!? i mean she is an avid church participator and bible reading must be DONE but i'm wondering if that's a GOOD thing since god is SO UNREASONABLY vindictive you might say in so many scriptural passages!? :judges: :freak3: :1crysad:
    Last edited by lexx; 02-02-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    It is folly to think that someone who is not a believer will come up with any kind of creditable evidence that there are discrepancies in the bible.

    Anyone who believes that lie is better off buying ocean front property in Nevada.
    just for kicks wouldn't you say the bible is an incredibly demanding book just because it LACKS any COHERENT structure and instruction!? i mean it may be FINE for those that KNOW IT ALL as they say as a LOOK back/corroboration of sorts but for a IGNORANT NEWBIE it surely would DISAPPOINT/DISCOURAGE/REVILE!? yet it is passed out without any regard for this OBVIOUS shortcoming!? must be the REASON the devil has NOT destroyed it!? works just FINE for his purposes!? :judges: : :freak3:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    261

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Knotical, are you avoiding the question I posed above regarding the Bible's position on divorce?
    If you truly believe there are no contradictions in the Bible, you should be able to provide a definitive answer here...
    The bible is really quite clear on divorce. Trying reading it in context some time.

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    453

    Re: If one God, why so many religions?

    I believe that people always believe there is a supreme being that needs to be hailed. Even though some people have actually never seen or experience the supreme being presence, they still worship.

Similar Threads

  1. All Religions Are Insane!!!
    By Phinnly Slash Buster in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 01:52 PM
  2. All Religions Are Insane!!!
    By Phinnly Slash Buster in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
  3. Why Many religions?
    By doojie in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
  4. Respect for other religions
    By Anti_thesisofreason in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 05:06 AM
  5. My Case against all Religions!
    By Gnosisquest in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 08:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •