+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLM vs SLM

MLM vs SLM

Who has the answer to this.

Which one is "more" valid of a business model?

Why?

Give an example of two, please, so that we may break it down...

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Re: MLM vs SLM

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Who has the answer to this.

Which one is "more" valid of a business model?

Why?

Give an example of two, please, so that we may break it down...
    WTF is SLM?

Some sort of Chains & Whips fetish?

You guys are quite iinteresting indeed!
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    WTF is SLM?

Some sort of Chains & Whips fetish?

You guys are quite iinteresting indeed!

LOL - No, man. :spin2:

Single Level Marketing.

LOL - No, man. :spin2:

Single Level Marketing.
    Also known as "affiliate marketing", such as the click bank market place, where you can earn a commission for selling people's stuff.

You earn a percentage of the sale amount.

Very little leverage with SLM, lots of leverage with MLM.
    MLM wins for me.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

I never ever heard of SLM
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

MLM you can get a downline and have other people selling stuff for you. But on the down side, there are more people earning a commission, therefore the margins get split up amongst more and more people for each level.

SLM you have to do the selling for yourself but you can get better margins if you can find them.

I believe it depends on your mentality... team mentality for MLM and do-it-yourself mentality for SLM.

But since a person could treat their MLM as a SLM, at least in order to lay the foundation on sales....both mentalities can succeed.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Very little leverage with SLM, lots of leverage with MLM.
    MLM wins for me.
    Based on your theory that most join and "do nothing", common sense would tell you that SLM would be the best way to go for individuals interested in real "Sales" to customers.

SLM is soley based on YOUR efforts to get paid. You don't have to rely on the practice of misleading a bunch of victims below you to fill out your levels who mostly "do nothing".

Seems like a huge waste of time and effort (which has been proven by the 97 - 99.9% failure rate in MLM).

SLM wins for me.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Seems with SLM's you still have the ability to create a team, albeit only one level deep and collect a percentage of their commissions...just not as high as MLM's collecting on multiple levels...

But since a person could treat their MLM as a SLM, at least in order to lay the foundation on sales....both mentalities can succeed.
    Then you'd be wasting all the advantage of being in MLM... might as well do SLM since you can be more independent. And there are no qualifying purchases. Unless you are actually going to take advantage of multiple levels through your downline.

Quote Originally Posted by UnRo View Post
    Then you'd be wasting all the advantage of being in MLM... might as well do SLM since you can be more independent. And there are no qualifying purchases. Unless you are actually going to take advantage of multiple levels through your downline.

You misunderstand. I am of the opinion that its important to establish oneself as a seller of products first and a business builder second.
    In an MLM, you could build your product sales foundation, THEN worry about expanding your business and income through overrides...

You misunderstand. I am of the opinion that its important to establish oneself as a seller of products first and a business builder second.
    In an MLM, you could build your product sales foundation, THEN worry about expanding your business and income through overrides...
    But why wait to take advantage of those elements of the business?

Likewise, you could administer a SLM business until you are thoroughly established, and then join an MLM.

MLM you can get a downline and have other people selling stuff for you. But on the down side, there are more people earning a commission, therefore the margins get split up amongst more and more people for each level.

SLM you have to do the selling for yourself but you can get better margins if you can find them.

I believe it depends on your mentality... team mentality for MLM and do-it-yourself mentality for SLM.
    It comes down to that famous quote ''I'd rather have 1% of 100 people's efforts than 100% of just my own''. Its how all big business works basically.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Yes, in MLM you can just sell product and not build a downline and many people do. Just dont expect to earn much.

But why wait to take advantage of those elements of the business?

Likewise, you could administer a SLM business until you are thoroughly established, and then join an MLM.

The wait is, in my opinion, a play at attrition reduction. Happy customers will continue to buy where failed IBOs who can't make a sale won't.

To your other part, the only way to establish in a SLM and join the MLM would be to drag those contacts over....

Why not start in the MLM, sell the products, build the customer base, then put together your team, all focused on strong customer sales...?